Dismiss Notice
Please feel free to join our website today! We're happy to help with anything, or maybe just to have a discussion or introduce yourself!

Accepted Ban Appeal - galaktias

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by galaktias, Jan 19, 2020.

1. galaktias

galaktias New Member

Member Name galaktias

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
    These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: galaktias

Length of Ban: 7d

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : minecraft temp

Staff who banned you : GoodChum_

Staff who dealt with you :

Staff who have warned you previously :

Reason for ban on record : hacked client - reach

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : there were several clips/videos that showed me hitting players from over 3 blocks away

What is your explanation of this reason? as far as i know, these incidents are isolated, not showing my reach to be consistently high during a single fight, which shouldn't be enough to go off of for a ban. latency issues on servers such as with high ping or tps drops can cause the reach of legitimate players to go up to 6 blocks
    https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/anyone-know-the-maximum-hit-distance.245846/
    https://hypixel.net/threads/what-is-the-normal-reach-distance-in-minecraft.1802434/

Why should we unban you? i do not pvp hack

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? i won't pvp unless recording to provide evidence of my hits should any issues arise

How can we trust you again? i'd be willing to screenshare an admin and show my minecraft files and when they were last modified although i'm not sure how reliable that is as evidence at this point

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? i have no history of cheating on this server, nor have i ever had any intention to do so; i was the first person to discover the mule glitch and immediately reported it to staff. i understand the rules and would not risk getting banned simply to appear a better pvper.
    thank you for your consideration and your time :]
  2. GoodChum_

GoodChum_ Admin Staff Member Admin Contributor III MVP++

Appeal Accepted
    After re-reviewing the evidence there is not enough to show you were hacking, you have been unbanned and the ban has been removed from your record.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020