play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - ImHog

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImHog

MVP+
Member Name ImHog

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: ImHog

Length of Ban: 7 day (Mute)

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Mute

Staff who banned you : Spalw

Staff who dealt with you : Spalw

Staff who have warned you previously : "I should know better"

Reason for ban on record : Flooding/Spamming

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I was lagging so I put "reeeee" in the chat, spalw considered this to be flooding because someone said it before me and muted me for 7 days since "I should know better".

What is your explanation of this reason? I did not put "reee" in chat to 'join' the other player that said "reee", but because I was lagging. The other player then got a 5 minute mute and I a 7 day mute, in my opinion this mute is way out of proportion. It does make sense that you consider this to be annoying, but a 7 day mute goes way too far. Too illustrate this, I have gathered some screenshots from watching the chat for about 5 minutes. I then saw several players "who know better" that were flooding several times, not just one single line like me. I am not trying to report these player, I'm just adding them for illustration of the situation.
580b72dd79f0deeef38dc71c4ad1a903.png
1c9224c9798db6ec285416ed0b353a4a.png

The sign/symbol spamming carried on for several minutes before it was stopped by an admin.

Why should we unban you? Because it is way out of proportion, and questionable considering the same situation happened just a few minutes later and was dealt with 'just' a warning.

*Edit*: Because I understand that it could be considered annoying, I want an adjustment. Since the other player got 5 minutes, I think I should be treated equally.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I will not put anything in chat that could be considered to be spamming or flooding.

How can we trust you again? I play this server since 2015, without any ban for hacking, exploiting or staff insulting and spamming. I know how to behave in chat/game.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Nothing, this appeal and the screenshots are self explanatory.

Last edited:

ImHog

MVP+
Well, I must have forgotten. Anyways, that does not take away that the mute itself is out of proportion. I will edit my appeal.

**Edit**: done

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Your mute was for this -
67M81ka.png

Given the context of the current state of chat, this was not acceptable. The other player was punished realtive to their previous history and experience.

Every one of your appeals, you point to your years of experience playing as a reason to lift your ban. You can't have this argument both ways. It's for this exact reason that this mute is appropriate. You know better than to do this in chat.
XK7lXDo.png

rcmiA1s.png

69bwo8z.png

We will not be tolerating players who should know not to act like this playing up, or playing games. This is evidenced by other warning bans issued, such as this.

Appeal Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.