Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - Kyrxu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrxu

Member Name Kyrxu

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: Kyrxu

Length of Ban: 3 days

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Server banned

Staff who banned you : ThaCandyMan

Staff who dealt with you :

Staff who have warned you previously : I haven't been infracted before.

Reason for ban on record : I was banned for creating chest shops in /wild, however, I had used them simply to lock my chests. I had read through the rules both in game and on forums and nowhere did it say this wasn't allowed.

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : For creating chest shops in my faction base to lock my chests, I wasn't aware this wasn't allowed. I had read through the rules when I first joined, and nowhere does it say this wasn't allowed.

Why what is your explanation of this reason? I created chest shops in my faction base to lock my chests, I wasn't aware this wasn't allowed. I had read through the rules when I first joined, and nowhere does it say this wasn't allowed.

Why should we unban you? I have been nothing but respectful since I have joined here. Players and staff that I have had contact with can vouch for me. I have done nothing to cause harm to this server, and I will continue to do nothing to cause harm.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I won't lock my chests with chest shops again. I wasn't informed that this was illegal.

How can we trust you again? As stated before, I have done nothing to cause harm to this server. In the short time I have spent playing, I have been respectful to everyone I have come across. I am not here to cause trouble, I simply want to spend time playing the server in my off hours of moderating another server.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? I'm extremely sorry to have broken this rule, but I have one request, please do put this into your forums rules, it would help a lot of players that will eventually make the same mistake as me.

I'm asking to be unbanned simply so that I can go back to enjoying the game and playing with my friends and colleagues.

Thank you for considering my ban appeal,
Best wishes,
Ky.

Kyrxu

Just to inform you, everyone in the Sneks faction that you have banned today meant no harm either.
I work with the members that had been temporarily banned, and I can vouch that they didn't want to break any rules on purpose.

BertBerry

Just to inform you, everyone in the Sneks faction that you have banned today meant no harm either.
I work with the members that had been temporarily banned, and I can vouch that they didn't want to break any rules on purpose.
Yes, we didn't know it was a rule and it was a bannable offense or something. So we are sorry for this and hopefully we won't do it in the future. (I just read the rules and I see no where saying that its illegal o-O)

Kyrxu

Yes, we didn't know it was a rule and it was a bannable offense or something. So we are sorry for this and hopefully we won't do it in the future. (I just read the rules and I see no where saying that its illegal o-O)
Exactly. Had we known this was a rule, the rule wouldn't have been broken by us.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
We can't list every single "rule" or there would be page after page of rules that people don't read anyway. A lot of times you just have to use common sense as this is a factions server, making unraidable shops in a faction base is not allowed... If you were unsure you could have asked staff in game. Appeal Denied.

Kyrxu

We can't list every single "rule" or there would be page after page of rules that people don't read anyway. A lot of times you just have to use common sense as this is a factions server, making unraidable shops in a faction base is not allowed... If you were unsure you could have asked staff in game. Appeal Denied.
I don’t play factions, this is the first faction server I have played before. I wasn’t to know that, I hardly understand how the game even works.

BertBerry

I don’t play factions, this is the first faction server I have played before. I wasn’t to know that, I hardly understand how the game even works.
Last time I played a faction server was years ago so we don't have much knowledge of faction servers ;/

Kyrxu

Your response to this appeal would be like you joining the server I moderate on, and me expecting you to know all the unwritten rules because it’s “common sense”. How am I supposed to know it’s common sense when I was never taught what you expect me to know?

dirtybanana

Maybe you could have warned us beforehand?
Also, there could also be kids playing this game which may not have ever played on a faction and may not have much common sense. Do you expect them to know all the rules? Do you expect us to go into the game files and check if that's illegal? Please do realise that just cause you're an admin and you know all the rules, doesn't mean all the new players would know it.
Also, we didn't know that people couldn't break them. Sure you may think we're stupid and such, but we didn't think about that problem during that time.
You should note that we come from creative/building and a skyblock server. On the skyblock server we play on, making chest shops are legal if you're on your island. If we carried our "common sense" mindset from that skyblock, then we would have gotten everything wrong lol.
The point is, the common sense you're talking about doesn't apply to all types of minecraft servers, especially the players who have never played factions before. Do you think they would automatically have the same common sense of a faction player instantly? I think not. Rules of all minecraft servers are very diverse, so don't think that a rule on MCDrugs equals to a rule on other types of servers.
We can't list every single "rule" or there would be page after page of rules that people don't read anyway. .
If you're gonna make a server with rules, then what is the point of not stating them all? Even if they're pages, rules are still rules lol. If you play on a type of server you've never played before AND you read all the rules, what would you do if you got banned for something you didn't even know? You gotta put yourself into our shoes TheCandyMan.

people don't read anyway. .
Mate, do you think EVERYONE skips over the rules? If people don't read the rules, than whats the point in keeping the rules you have in place already? Even if it's going to be long, don't blame new players for not having the "common sense". If players don't read the rules, then it'll be their fault. Don't confuse new players who have been wrongfully banned just because you guys didn't want to write down all the rules just because "people don't read it". Don't give me that bs please honey. Name more 10+ people you know that don't read the rules. You can't ey? Even IF they didn't and they got banned anyway, what makes you think they won't go back and read the rules? Just don't expect everyone to have this "common sense" you're talking about.

Sincerely,
dirtybanana

Last edited:

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I reviewed the rules if you do /rules 2 in game. Rule 17 plainly states. Do not make chest shops outside of the spawn world. The rule was there you just failed to read it.

dirtybanana

I reviewed the rules if you do /rules 2 in game. Rule 17 plainly states. Do not make chest shops outside of the spawn world. The rule was there you just failed to read it.
Why isn't it on the forums then if you clearly have the time to put it in-game?
Anyhow, you stated earlier that there are more rules you didn't put in-game. What about those rules? The rules that you expect us to have "common sense" for? It's not just us we want justice for, its for everyone in the past who have been wrongfully banned lol

Last edited:

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Because the forums have been around for many map resets. The rules on the forums don't get updated as regularly as the rules in game.

dirtybanana

Ah I see. Sorry for the inconvienience we caused you.
But tbh, maybe we could have gotten a warning beforehand?
Sincerely,
dirtybanana

Last edited:

Bossgamerx

Furthermore, as a member of the same faction and also someone who was banned, I would first of all like to apologise. None of us meant to cause harm or take up the staff's time. None of our posts in this thread are intended to come across as disrespectful or inconsiderate, some of us are just simply frustrated that there is no clear instruction that you are not allowed to keep your chests safe from other players in the rules. I can speak for all of us that, as mostly our mistake, we misunderstood what the rule 16 meant.

On the server that all our faction members play on regularly, we have a "Lockette" system, and none of us have much experience with faction servers. This is the reason why we all thought that this would be okay. We all thought that doing that was just a way to keep our belongings safe, and as we very rarely raid people had not realised that no other faction did this. We had no intention to use the chests as shops for people to use outside of the spawn area, however looking at it from a larger perspective, I can see why this is considered illegal on your server.

I had no suspicion that doing what we did was illegal. Even if I was unsure, I am still regaining trust to the staff on the server, as I was personally disrespected by a certain one, and I have watched how other staff have very unprofessionally spoken to people.

We can't list every single "rule" or there would be page after page of rules that people don't read anyway.
I do believe that adding in the rules in the forums can be of great use to the staff team. Firstly, as chat can sometimes be messy and the /rules are sometimes hard to read, under all the rules you can create a link that will take you to this website and to the thread that shows all the rules. This will be of benefit to you as:
  1. It will be easier for people to understand and they can look at it as thorough as possible.
  2. It will attract more people to your forums, creating a larger income for the server due to an increased visit of players viewing the shop.
  3. It will furthermore push newer people to read the forum rules too.
  4. When denying an appeal, you can link the offenders to the thread and show them all the rules that they may not have read. This is necessary because, when banned, you have no access to the server, and therefore have no access to the server rules.
I believe that the map gets reset once every year, correct? I find it hard to believe that none of the higher staff have the time to write out the new and improved rules once a year on the forums. If it's possible to do in-game, I don't see why not on the forums.

Again, I would like to apologise on behalf of the faction members and can assure you that once we are unbanned, we will thoroughly look through the rules once again, and if unsure of anything, will check with a staff member. As a higher staff member on another fairly popular server, I can certainly understand why you took the actions you did, and I do respect you for that.

Last edited:

dirtybanana

I agree with Boss. Also, you could tell that we didn't do it intentionally since we didn't make chest shops on all of our chests. If we wanted to be unraidable, we would have made all the chest shops. You can also see that the stuff in the regular chests are way more important the the stuff in our shop chests. For example, my chest only includes a few stacks of cocoa bean I was farming so I could have a full use of my invis pot, as well as my tools which are just voter ones and not worth a lot. We have many precious ores and valuable redstone in our regular chests, while having not much in our own chests. Do you still think we meant breaking the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online