Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - p0six

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
Member Name p0six

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: p0six

Length of Ban: 24 hours

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Temp ban

Staff who banned you : dakotaa

Staff who dealt with you : dakotaa

Staff who have warned you previously : dakotaa, spalw

Reason for ban on record : Spamming, repeated offenses of spamming / caps

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I think dakotaa believed i was also associated with the people he thought were hacking due to them being associated with hackers. Because of this and my having spammed while being outraged at his unfounded bans, i was banned.

Why what is your explanation of this reason? I was very outraged at the time of the ban, as dakotaa was assuming guilty until proven innocent, with no evidence that the people he banned knew about the hacker. He reasoned it away by saying that most people in assocation with hackers are also hackers themselves, but this is not valid evidence. In this situation, there is no other evidence than association that the players are hacking. Players with the salty prefix haven't been caught hacking, and so lumping them into one group is on the same level as stereotyping an entire race of people to all be criminals. Though there might be a higher chance that they're hackers, it is unreasonable to not serve black people because they have a higher chance to rob you.

Why should we unban you? I believe i've made a valid case that the bans were unreasonable, and that there's no evidence to prove I'm also a hacker as well. Other players, like bench barry, have pages full of spam, and dakotaa did not decide to ban bench berry along with me.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I will try to be more orderly when presenting an argument against a ban. I understand that I was spamming, but I believe the punishments were very harsh and unfounded.

How can we trust you again? This type of question doesn't really hold much weight. Someone could easily just lie at this point or tell some bullshit, and for that reason I think answering this is mostly futile. My only response is that I can promise not to use caps or spam, but that's about it.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Please understand that I was outraged at the time, and that I wasn't warned before being tempbanned today, making it reasonable to believe that the punishments were harsh.

p0six

MVP+
Dakotaa, do you think if i were talking about some other random thing in caps that I would've still been banned? I doubt it.

p0six

MVP+
Dakotaa, do you think if i were talking about some other random thing in caps that I would've still been banned? I doubt it.
I didn't have any warnings active that day, and most of my mutes had been at the start of the server, when i was unnafiliated with the rules.

p0six

MVP+
Ticket abuse was appealed, so that's only 12 offenses. One of the warnings was a copy, so 11 offenses. Character spam isnt even against the rules, and i wasn't warned previously. I typed a message with like 10 a's in chat, and he warned me, 10 offenses. When jrd muted me for wasting staff time, it was because i asked a question that was answered while i was offline, so i asked it again and he muted me, 9 offenses.

p0six

MVP+
If i can find someone with 9 offenses that wasn't tempbanned, does it invalidate these claims?

p0six

MVP+
Player legojkr has a very similar history to mine excluding the issues where he was banned, and he was not tempbanned 24 hrs today.

p0six

MVP+
He's repeatedly been tempbanned and hasn't been permed yet.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
He's repeatedly been tempbanned and hasn't been permed yet.
The next time he does something that breaks the rules in chat, he will likely be banned, as you were. Just because we banned you for reaching the amount of mutes for a ban doesn't mean we should ban him at the same time.

p0six

MVP+
Is there a set amount of punishments which limit how many times you can be muted or warned, or do admins just play it by ear?

p0six

MVP+
pls unban

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 110

Latest posts

Members online