Username:

In-Game Name: Scruff91

Reason for ban Extensive history

Length of ban: permanent

Place of ban (e.g. in-game, Discord, TS3, etc.) in-game

Staff who banned you NovaSeepa

Did any other staff deal with you before you were banned? No

Did you receive warnings prior to your ban? No

Why do you think you were banned? For warn/mute history particularly related to chat. Before my ban, I was muted for "spamming" after I inadvertently sent multiple messages to players who do mules for me notifying them that I had replenished the supply.

What is your explanation for your actions? Why should you be unbanned? I have one macro on my keyboard which copies keystrokes between presses of the "Enter" key on the keyboard and another one which replicates the strokes many times. This is very useful for doing assignments on the computer especially for programming assignments. On my keyboard, there is a column of five macro hotkeys immediately to the left of the "WASD" keys which sometimes I accidentally press. If I press M1 and M2 then it will reproduce previous keystrokes which in this case happened to be a single message notifying a player that my mules are up. The message was something like "more mules up". This issue has occurred previously in general chat a few times for which I was muted after not intending to send the messages. The largest portion of my history is chat-related, mostly including flooding or spamming, which I do not intend to do. I've already disabled all of my macros so that it doesn't happen again.

A significant portion of my history also is "combat logging" or "potential combat logging." I find the combat logging system inaccurate since many times I have been at an unclaimed location with a friend and one of us hits each other as we are about to teleport away and instead of waiting the dozens of seconds for the combat log timer to expire and then another 5 seconds to teleport it is easier to simply log out and then log in and then do /spawn. This will force the system to warn the player for combat logging even though it is not legitimate. Though there have been times that I was warned legitimately, such as when I am not in combat though I am in a combat zone (such as the prison) and then after I sell drugs I disconnect and then reconnect quickly to teleport to spawn instead of waiting the five seconds. If a player punches me to see who I am while I am invisible, it will warn me. Furthermore, if a cop is near and I log out, it will still warn me, even if the cop isn't in the vicinity (the cop could be above of below me). The previous servers I've played on only warn a player for combat logging while the player is in direct PVP combat with another player, but I've recently learned how this server's combat logging policy works and I now fully understand it whereas I did not before.

I was permanently banned for my "Extensive history" though most of my history was either chat violations or combat log violations (well over 90%); Of these violations most are accidental, many are technical warnings, and some are legitimate. I've taken comprehensive action to mitigate the accidental violations; I now understand how to avoid the technical warnings; And I am now on high alert to avert legitimate violations as I fully understand all of the intricacies of the server's many opportunities for violations.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I disabled all macros on my keyboard at the time to make sure that it didn't happen again but I found that I was banned hours after logging off the server that day. For reference, the keyboard I am using is a Razer Blackwidow Chroma keyboard — a Google image search will reveal and make clear the situation I am describing concerning a long line of macros beside the movement keys. In addition to disabling the macros, I will henceforth only promote my mule jobs through advertisements rather than in-game messages to ensure that there is no accidental spam. Furthermore, I will stop logging out in order to shorten a teleporting process, either while in combat or in a combat area.

How can you ensure we can trust you again? The measures that I have taken along with the outlined future plans all create a foolproof strategy that will make it impossible to spam accidentally. Furthermore, the experience has made me more conscious about chat behavior in general which will make me a good leader and role model in chat for others.

What else would you like to say to the admins reveiwing your appeal? I received no warning before the permanent ban; Also, the ban occurred while I was offline so there was no opportunity to interact with any staff concerning the incident. I believe these two general practices were overlooked while executing the permanent ban, so I am using this appeal to clear up the confusion.

InFamousAge

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP++
so to be clear you're trying to argue that your 21 counts of chat-related flooding/misuse have all been accidental? You have 8 pages of history across two maps, your offences are almost identical to previous maps proving it's close to impossible for it to be mistaken. A large portion of your history is to do with overall chat misconduct such as spamming staff in /msg, racism and excessive toxicity you abused the /help system in excess over two maps and we have no reason whatsoever to stand for it. You're unbelievably lucky you aren't blacklisted for a history of this extent. We will not be lifting your ban and if you continue this again next map in any way you will be blacklisted. Appeal denied.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.