Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - Spears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spears

Member Name Spears

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: iSpears

Length of Ban: Permanent

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : "DDos Threats" (Extended to permanent ban this map even though it happened last map)

Staff who banned you : jrd3044

Staff who dealt with you :

Staff who have warned you previously :

Reason for ban on record : Ddos Threats

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I was banned for saying "I'll give my friend your ip" while joking around with a guy in chat.

What is your explanation of this reason? Last map, I was joking around with a guy in chat, and said: "I'll give my friend your IP". Glucose and another helper told me not to make jokes like that, then Lurnn permanently banned me. I was aware that making ddos threats against the server is bannable, but I honestly had no idea that I couldn't make any sort of "ip" joke no matter how obvious it is that I'm joking. This happened 1-2 weeks before the reset, then when the map reset jrd3044 permanently banned me for this map.

Why should we unban you? I made an honest mistake and I understand and respect the punishment I received originally, however, I think it's unfair that I was banned for the entirety of this map. I talked to Lurnn about it, and he told me that to prevent people from breaking the rules at the end of the map knowing all bans reset when the map resets, some bans are extended even further than the 2 weeks post reset. Although I understand these bans, I don't think my ban extension corresponds to what I did.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I've been taking steps to become less toxic, and I've learned that however funny I might find something, it is best not to make dark/threatening jokes when other people are around. In addition to those steps, I will DEFINITELY not mention anything related to IPs or DDOSing again.

How can we trust you again? I spent all of last summer playing with (primarily) Chlustin (girlfriend) and liamft123 (one of my best friends) and a bit with my sisters. I bought the Summer Drug Pass (hyped for this summer woot woot), and I plan to continue investing a lot of time and money (unfortunately) into playing on this server if I were to be unbanned. I would like to make it clear that I have never had any intention of breaking the rules because as I have said before this has been my favourite server for over a year now. We are all going to University next year and won't have any time to play Minecraft together, so this summer really is our last "Hoorah" or whatever. I promise them and you (staff) that I will not do anything more to jeopardize our last "Minecraft Summer" together.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Thanks for taking the time to read this, and consider lifting this map's ban. If there's anything you need, pm me on discord @SPEARS#9662.

Spears

Rereading this, I noticed that a staff member might interpret the way I described the reason for my original ban as "unfair". I just want to make it clear that I do understand why I was banned, and I am only arguing the extension of the ban. Although my ban only says "ddos threats", that doesn't give any context as to what really happened. I was intentionally trying to sound cringy and had no intention of acquiring or distributing the guy's IP. Nor did I want to give him the impression that I was going to do so. I want to make it abundantly clear that this was not a real ddos threat, and was never meant to be interpreted as anything more than a cringy joke to get a good laugh. As I said before, I've learned a lot from this experience, and I've honestly made positive changes to my behaviour (still working on impulsiveness tho lol) after talking with Lurnn about the whole thing. Thanks again for taking the time to read all of this, whoever may be reviewing my appeal.

P.S. The joke wasn't a "end of map troll" either. If that were the case I would totally understand having the ban extended. Thanks @Lurnn for telling me about this so I could clarify!

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The staff has come discussed the situation and after looking at logs and what was said in chat and due to your history throughout the past 2 maps... We have decided to move this into a Blacklist ban. If you are familiar with MCD you know that Blacklist bans are permanent and not appealable. The ban will not be lifted from map to map like other bans.

InFamousAge

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP++
Candy gave a very good summary for what we discussed around your blacklist. I would just like to post this so you cannot argue with him or other staff about the severity of what you said. This is something we will never tolerate and have no place for in this community.

ispears.png

Spears

I think it is quite clear to anyone who’s IQ isn’t comparable to that of a domestic animal, that I was joking. Perhaps I deserved a mute. Maybe (when considering a Minecraft Admin’s key personality traits) even a week ban or however long was left on that map. However, a staff meeting that concludes that your staff’s wrongful actions warrant a ban EXTENSION, indicates how human beings fail so miserably when asked to correct their wrongdoings. Especially those with superiority complexes. To expect someone capable of thinking using reason over emotion when considering lifting my ban was a long shot to say the least. This verdict does not surprise me, as no matter how many people see this punishment as unjust, the cesspool that is MCDrugs corrupts any such belief. The magnitude of some people's predictability is astounding, yet I am still shocked by every ill-informed, weak-minded, and ego-driven decision members of this staff team make on a day to day basis.

Please consider that last sentence before posting whatever you plan to write in your fit of rage. If then you still see it fit to hit reply, then all the better.:oops:

InFamousAge

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP++
We have no reason to believe you're joking around with the comments you made, even if you did joke around the punishment is still the same and also what you claimed to say ("I'll give my friend your ip") wasn't remotely the case and you played down the threats you made. Your attitude to any staff member regarding your ban was intolerable and unacceptable. We have a strict policy on threats such as these and we will continue to punish players that do it. Appeal denied

I'm also locking this threat as there is nothing more to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.