Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Shortened Ban Appeal - StopTakingUsernames

Status
Not open for further replies.

StopTakingUsernames

Member Name StopTakingUsernames

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: SnowmanMeltsYou

Length of Ban: Perm

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : MCD perm ban

Staff who banned you : Ace42986

Staff who dealt with you : Too many

Staff who have warned you previously : Too many

Reason for ban on record : "Faction hopping"

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : Alright, its complicated, but to start, 4th split into seperate farm factions to make seperate farm bases for individual groups. I was afk'ing my base when it was attacked by another faction, but due to my rank within the faction I was unable to enemy, and since it was 4am ish for krhhmg and sir penguin, they were not available to promote me/enemy the opposing faction. I was forced to leave their faction, create my own and enemy the opposing faction.

What is your explanation of this reason? This was due to my farm being attacked, I had to create my own faction in order to enemy the opposing faction, and over claim my autosmelter.

Why should we unban you? Because in this scenario, I had no choice apart from either losing 50+ hoppers, or leaving and creating my own faction to enemy them

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? To be fair, I had no clue this was/wasnt allowed

How can we trust you again? Because since that warning, I have not stepped out of line since.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Thanks I guess for reading the review.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Neutral factions not being able to do any damage in situations like this has not been brought to my attention until now, so I've changed that settings, as it's a bit ridiculous. If leaving your faction had been all you did, I would have completely lifted your ban. However, you claimed land in your new faction, which is a clear violation of our faction-hopping rule. Because of this, your ban is going to be reduced from permanent to 14 days. Don't take this for granted - you have a very long history of similar offenses, and you're extremely lucky that the ban is being reduced at all.

StopTakingUsernames

I had to claim land in order to get my 55 hoppers back. And please show me the faction hopping rule, if i had have known this is a rule in /rules i would have never done this in the first place.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Been? As in past tense? I only joined mid last map

Edit: what even is faction hopping?
"Has been" as in was in the past and is now.

It's described pretty well in /rules:
MZgIuca.png

StopTakingUsernames

when was it added? I check the rules fortnightly and never saw that. Also, it was avoiding my own favs restrictions, Not the restriction, also what would have you done in my scenario? Let the farm and 50 hoppers die with no chance of fighting back?

StopTakingUsernames

One more thing, I left and rejoined my fat BEFORE the rule was placed in, therefore had no clue it was a rule. I was banned Wednesday night, however, I changed faction in the morning before the changelog/rule update. And if my timing is off, what would you have done in my scenario?

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The rule has been in place for multiple maps... I know for as long as we have had factions that I can think of... The change log being updated doesn't mean the rule wasn't there. The change log was so they could clear up and revamp the rules list.

StopTakingUsernames

If it isnt listed, how do I know it exists? I joined mid last map. Was updated after I did whatever the fuck "faction hopping" is. And as far as I know, the rule was only in place to stop homes being set in enemy territory.

StopTakingUsernames

[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ---- Rules -- Page 1/4 ----
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [1] No hacking, cheating, or exploiting
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [2] No spamming
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [3] No excessive swearing
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [4] Don't be an ass use common sense
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [5] No asking for items or ranks (unless they were donated for)
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [6] Treat everyone with respect
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [7] No alt accounts (Tell us if you have someone on the same ip playing with you)
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [8] No PVP/Cop logging
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [9] Scamming is allowed (Moderators are not allowed to scam)
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Type /rules 2 to read the next page.

[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ---- Rules -- Page 2/4 ----
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [10] What admins say goes. Do not argue.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [11] Don't use excessive CAPS.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [12] Don't make fake factions to get out of enemy land.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [13] Impersonating police (wearing blue armour in spawn) is a jailable offense.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [14] Do not post links in chat
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [15] Not all rules are listed. If you have any questions, ask.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [16] No excessively laggy farms - http://mc-drugs.com/threads/rules-update-farm-designs.4029
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [17] Do not make chest shops outside of the spawn world.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [18] AFK fishing machine are not allowed.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Type /rules 3 to read the next page.

Happy to send you whole chat log file if this isnt enough. it isnt listed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.24.55 am.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 7.24.55 am.png
    244.7 KB · Views: 62

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ---- Rules -- Page 1/4 ----
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [1] No hacking, cheating, or exploiting
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [2] No spamming
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [3] No excessive swearing
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [4] Don't be an ass use common sense
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [5] No asking for items or ranks (unless they were donated for)
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [6] Treat everyone with respect
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [7] No alt accounts (Tell us if you have someone on the same ip playing with you)
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [8] No PVP/Cop logging
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [9] Scamming is allowed (Moderators are not allowed to scam)
[16:47:28] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Type /rules 2 to read the next page.

[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] ---- Rules -- Page 2/4 ----
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [10] What admins say goes. Do not argue.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [11] Don't use excessive CAPS.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [12] Don't make fake factions to get out of enemy land.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [13] Impersonating police (wearing blue armour in spawn) is a jailable offense.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [14] Do not post links in chat
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [15] Not all rules are listed. If you have any questions, ask.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [16] No excessively laggy farms - http://mc-drugs.com/threads/rules-update-farm-designs.4029
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [17] Do not make chest shops outside of the spawn world.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [18] AFK fishing machine are not allowed.
[13:44:17] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Type /rules 3 to read the next page.

Happy to send you whole chat log file if this isnt enough. it isnt listed.
My bad, the rule was not listed until the rule update this map, though I'd say the offense would be covered under rule 1, "no exploiting".

StopTakingUsernames

I used to play on some much more harsh factions servers, and they NEVER used this rule. So how am I expected to avoid It if I have never seen it before? It just makes NO sense to me. What I did also did not impact anyone else, and please go ahead and put yourself in my scenario, if you were me, what would you have done?

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I used to play on some much more harsh factions servers, and they NEVER used this rule. So how am I expected to avoid It if I have never seen it before? It just makes NO sense to me. What I did also did not impact anyone else, and please go ahead and put yourself in my scenario, if you were me, what would you have done?
I would be grateful for a permanent ban being reduced to two weeks, especially after being formally given a final warning.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I am grateful, but I still don't get why im banned. Broke a rule that I never heard about or saw.
Because you are a very well versed player, who has been dealt with by the staff many times before.
You understand the rules very well, and it is not unreasonable what so ever to expect you to understand that this would be considered as an exploit and therefore not allowed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.