Accepted Ban Appeal

SupaTank

VIP
In Game Name : SupaTank

Length of Ban : Seven days

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Minecraft temp ban

Staff who banned you : ThaCandyMan

Staff who dealt with you : ThaCandyMan

Staff who have warned you previously : For auto fishing with macro, Dale and Candy, for auto fishing without a macro and with a machine no.

Reason for ban on record : Auto Fish - Prevoius Ban

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : This is similar to an afk
acrobatics grinder and ThaCandyMan deems it ban worthy. Or this falls under the "not all rules are identified" category.

Why what is your explanation of this reason? : Because after reading through all the rules this is the most logical reason. This is not an exploit or a glitch since it has been in vanilla Minecraft since I believe 1.7

Why should we unban you : I believe I would be unbaned because there was nothing to tell me that using a small redstone machine to fish while afk wasn't aloud. There was plenty to say no use of macro's but I honestly though this would be aloud because it was all vanilla Minecraft. When someone asked in chat if afk is aloud the whole chat unanimously said yes, so it led me to believe this would be acceptable on this server.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? : (I would like to be told directly afk grinding of any kind is not aloud before I this follow through with this answer) The answer is I will simply stop doing this and tear down the machine.

How can we trust you again? : Candy, and Dale both know that after getting caught with the macro I have always been at my computer and when they would ask if I was here, I would respond and even sometimes ask them how there doing or simply go back to fishing. If I wasn't dedicated to this server I wouldn't be constantly doing something so grindy on it, I have easily put over 24 hours into fishing on this server and I believe that shows I am trust worthy.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? : I have a few things to ask of you. PLEASE don't take away my fishing levels or at least keep me at level 534, because that is were it was when I left, went afk and started grinding for the first time on that machine and up till there it was my own hard work that got me those levels... and to be honest it would really kill my vibe if you took that away because that was way to much work to get those levels and I will get to how it was to much work to get them now! PLEASE give more exp for fishing, from lvl 400+ I make on average 2-4 levels per hour. This is far to grindy for this server and deters many people from fishing. I honestly don't believe fishing is over powered enough for it to be this grindy. I know this one is more of a stretch but PLEASE allow afk fishing, I understand no macro's or if a day comes when there's a glitch I agree that that is bannable, but and this is a BIG BUT you will get no were in this skill without constant attention to it and doing it 24/7, Candy has even said to me that he doesn't know how I can do this skill (not direct quote) and I believe he said that because it takes so much grinding. There has to be a change some were to make this skill more fun, because fishing is fun and it shouldn't be something were you have to spend a month at it to get to lvl 875 (the highest rank for fishing not lvl). This server is very fun and it even got me back into Minecraft after a little over a year, I want every aspect of this serer to be fun and fishing is apart of that. Fishing involves to much grinding to be fun PLEASE make a drastic change to this to make this skill much more enjoyable for anyone who wants to explore it.

Thank you for reading this very long post and my please's but I really just wanted to point out all the flaws in this skill, I very much hope there is a change to the fishing skill and that you unban me. Again thank you and I hope you have a good day -SupaTank

(P.S) : I just got my wisdom teeth out today so if that makes this post seem offensive in any way I apologies but I believe it is a solid argument.

jrd3044

AsstToTheOwner
Staff member
AsstToTheOwner
Hey SupaTank,

I hope your day is going well. @ThaCandyMan will reply at his earliest convenience. I am not too sure about the situation, so I cannot give much input until I am briefed about it.

Thanks,
jrd

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Supa, Can you please explain how the machine works... I don't care about the machine but how does it work so that your character auto fishes into the single block of water? I will test it out myself and if I find that the machine can fish for you without modding your client in any way to at least cast the rod then I will remove this ban... Thanks for your patience.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I have seen that link... It still requires you to right click... Even setting something or taping your mouse button button down to do this is considered a type of macro.

SupaTank

VIP
macro: a single instruction that expands automatically into a set of instructions to perform a particular task.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Legally within the rules you can afk any time you wish... But if your character is doing actions while you are not at the keyboard, Then that is a form of macroing.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Well what I'm going to do, Since I know you have been doing good since the first time you were caught. I will remove the ban. I will set your fishing back to the 534... In the future just realize that no type of afk "action" is allowed.

SupaTank

VIP
kk ill stop and take down the machine THANK YOU, also consider some of the changes i suggested in by ban appeal to make fishing more fun and easier to level

Tjorvi_01

MVP+
kk ill stop and take down the machine THANK YOU, also consider some of the changes i suggested in by ban appeal to make fishing more fun and easier to level
Well, I think you can still use the machine, but not use it and afk. Well I atleast believe so.

z00fle

ive seen plenty of people in chat talking about taping their SHIFT key down when they afk... is this not allowed?
not sure how i feel about the rule, i understand wanting to be legit but its nearly impossible to enforce

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yes the use of the machine is fine... Just not afking... and I will have to ask dakotaa about taping ur shift key down while afk to avoid being seen from above ground ect... I would say for now that this is still not allowed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.