parcheesi15

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
There has been some controversy over the removal of the lava pools in the chasm so I'm trying to offer a suggestion that would fit the wants of players who are not skilled in pvp as well as satisfy the loot-lust for pvp players.

My first thought was to create a system where boss souls could be "vaulted" in some way during chasm kills to gives players more of an incentive to drop into chasm. My numbers have not been balanced tested at all, but say for instance 33% of all fragments earned in chasm were put in some form of virtual 'safe vault' or 'fragment bank' and could be redeemed later (similar to player points). With this, I only see benefits for both people farming in chasm and pvping.

1. If you farm 30min worth of souls, you're guaranteed at least 33% of your work, even if someone drops down and kills you in 30 seconds. The pvper of course can still obtain boss souls, loot/gear, and/or other rare mob drops.

2. This would also get more people to go into chasm because they know they have at least a little bit of their work saved, whether or not they are killed.

3. With a vault system, the 3 best pvpers on the server are not always gaining and hoarding 100% of the boss soul drops in chasm like the current situation.

4. (This one is definitely strong in opinion) I think it would create more incentive for people to donate for pit books if the chasm offered a better opportunity to earn soul fragments.

I think this solution is not as good for the boss soul economy because it gives a better chance to save souls (which is why it was fairly obvious I supported burning them in lava rather than spread to other players/factions), however I believe it is a better compromise rather than giving 1 predominately strong pvp faction all the reward.

For one last note, I understand the chasm was created for the best of the best to fight but I feel it gives a small group of players a strong advantage over the boss soul market and discourages people to open the pit/use the chasm.

I appreciate any feedback but I would really enjoy seeing other suggestions/improvements to this idea rather than arguments as to why I am not just better at pvp or recruit a stronger faction! Thank you!

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
I don't think this system addresses the issue you seek to fix. If there is a group of people ready to pvp, nobody will be able to kill a boss in time before they die, and they'll still avoid the chasm.

Edit: This will benefit people who come into the pit before a group of pvpers come, but ultimately you won't be fixing the issue.

Last edited:

ajaake

VIP+
Simple solution! You can't pvp first off, you lag to much apparently so it makes sense you are begging for your souls. Second off if you don't feel like losing souls, DON'T GO IN CHASM? I don't get whats so fucking hard about that. Chasm is ment for pvp. The risk of better loot is death. Deal with it

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Unfortunately I think this solution is far too complex to solve a relatively simple issue.

We have some more back end changes in mind to work on this type of issue next map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.