Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Bounties

Would you like to see this in the next server?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe with some tweaks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrpyCrftr

Not sure if this has been suggested before but it would be great if we could have a bounty system in MCD. I'd like to give credit to Lurnn's original idea, this is my spin of it.

What would this look like:
Essentially we could set bounties on a player and you have to get their head and turn it in somewhere to redeem the bounty.
-Setting a bounty: To set a bounty, you must go to the police station or type a command. It would be like how we create tickets; type in something like: /bountyset <player> <bounty> <reason>. People should be able to place bounties on themselves because why not? Note: cash is immediately taken out of a user's account (like with lotto, double, etc.). The bounty payout can also be increased by other users.
-Attaining a head: You must behead a player, run away with it before someone kills you and takes it, and turn it in to somewhere in spawn (police station maybe?).
-Redeeming a bounty: Either go to the police station in spawn or do /bountyredeem with the head in your inventory to redeem the credit amount. Cash is then payed out to the player.
-Removing a bounty: Lets say that your target is a little too hard to kill, simply type in a command like /bountycancel <player> to cancel the bounty you have placed on a user. While a user should get their money back from doing this, a tax should be taken from this action (lets be real, you kinda wasted everyone's time and effort).
Potential issues:
-Player heads: People like picking up heads from PVP encounters and keeping them to resell or hold onto for flexing their "1337 PVP skillz." The biggest complication could come from people trying to redeem the head of someone they have a head for already. I'm not exactly sure how item IDs work when regarding Minecraft head plugins but I feel like this could be a potential flaw/exploit in the system.
-Insane and unreasonable bounties: People might think its funny to put bounties on everyone in the server. To combat this, I think there should be a player vote or approval system where users can vote for a bounty to be placed. This could keep people from spamming the creation of bounties or placing a bunch on random and peaceful users.
-Horses: Good luck catching anyone in a PVP or /wild zone who is on a horse.
Let me know what you guys think! I haven't done too much research into this so I don't know if this is a preexisting pluggin or if this has to be programmed.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
+1
I love the idea but see the complications with it. I would love to put a 2M bounty on me people actually might fight me then!

TwerkFest

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I see a few flaws with this, first one being that if you put a bounty on someone, if they had a friend just kill them to get there head they could easily split that money. My second problem with this would be pre-existing heads, since they have the same item ID (Just tested this with two heads I had in my base of another player).

If something were to be like this, I think it should more of how the Pit is set up, for example, when you kill a Pit boss, everyone who does damage gets their share of the boss fragments. I think this would be more fair, because if you have 3 different people trying to kill someone with a 3m bounty on them, and one of them did 80% of the damage, another one did 18% and, finally the 3rd one did 2%, they should each get the percentage of damage they did on the player. I think this would work more in favor of the players who are killing the person with the bounty on them.

If we could find a workable way to fix the problems, I think it would be quite a cool idea.

CrpyCrftr

I do actually like the damage idea. That would make it more rewarding for group hits instead of having to split the whole pot. Definitely a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online