Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

DEALER DUTY

Do you think that this should be implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I made a post on discord about this and was asked to take it into the forums.

NEW IDEA: DEALER DUTY

DESCRIPTION: Dealer duty is similar to mule duty, but with NPC listed jobs that we’ll call “distributors” and you need to sell the drugs from the distributors to the “buyer” NPCs. Just like a normal dealer in the drug world. Dandy!

DETAILS: Dealer duty would work like mule duty in the way that you would have a “reputation” of sorts. Once you start out, you may just be doing cactus green “dealer jobs,” with low cut, but as you complete more and more dealer jobs, the cut will be higher and you will eventually get a new drug from your “distributor.” After a “dealer job” is accepted, the player will receive a chat message, such as “the buyer is in the fisherman’s cove / behind the volcano / on top of the giant tree / et cetera,” and the player will navigate to the NPC buyer and complete the job just like mule jobs. Reputation is increased if a job is completed, and lowered if it is failed.

BALANCE & RELEVANCE: Obviously the player wouldn’t make as much money as farming (unless potentially the player has a high dealer score compared to a junky farmer) but I think it would be a nice addition for people who don’t have as much time to farm. Balancing would work as you would be required to be dealer, so you would probably already have a nice and tidy farm in the upkeep to use instead of that as your sole money maker.

IN SUMMARY: We currently have other playable options such as mule duty and being a police officer, so I think that to make the server a bit more fun with an added task to climb the ranks with your dealer rep would be an additional way to add fun for players, and more accurately emulate the drug world. As I stated in the balancing section, players would be required to be dealer rank before they could have access to dealer duty, so a player would most likely have their own farm by that point. This is just a way that people could play casually, still enjoy the server, and don’t have to grind left click for hours on end. Obviously this wouldn’t make as much money, but if we could appeal to more people (less grind oriented people) then I think that it would be worth it.

I think that this idea is very important because in the current state, players farm and then sell to the dealer, but where do the drugs go? In the real drug world, the dealer would have to distribute to the buyers of the drugs. This makes the entire process come full circle and complete the “sell” cycle of “Grow, Sell, Excel!”

Also, if you are thinking of this as another mule duty, it’s not. Think of it more as a quest line. Dealer duty could be changed so that there would only be a dealer job at every interval period of time. This would fix any balancing issues because mule jobs you can accept over and over again with no wait.

Message me on discord @PiggyJingles#6260 if you have any additional addons to improve my idea for dealer duty, or you would like me to clarify something or go more into detail about something.

Last edited:

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
I think this would be interesting, although I don't see this being added. From what it sounds like, people would be running drugs that took no work to make. At the moment, all drugs take time to make be it from manual farming, or making an auto farm, and this just sounds like the server summoning in drugs for players to sell and could somewhat snowball out of control, people running these again and again because why take the time to farm when the server will happily spawn in drugs for you in a second?

On the flip side of this, if there were NPCs that pop up somewhat randomly around spawn and gave a small sell boost (possibly 15% or so to match ++) that would appear at random intervals and have a chat message "A drug buyer was sighted at (island/location)" then disappear soon after, say 10 minutes. This would give players a chance to avoid cops by running to the hidden dealers when they spawn, and give players without ranks a better sell % without going to prison, for a limited time. In the past summoning/removing NPCs were very glitchy, so not entirely sure on if this would even be possible, but could give more variety to selling drugs

I think this would be interesting, although I don't see this being added. From what it sounds like, people would be running drugs that took no work to make. At the moment, all drugs take time to make be it from manual farming, or making an auto farm, and this just sounds like the server summoning in drugs for players to sell and could somewhat snowball out of control, people running these again and again because why take the time to farm when the server will happily spawn in drugs for you in a second?

On the flip side of this, if there were NPCs that pop up somewhat randomly around spawn and gave a small sell boost (possibly 15% or so to match ++) that would appear at random intervals and have a chat message "A drug buyer was sighted at (island/location)" then disappear soon after, say 10 minutes. This would give players a chance to avoid cops by running to the hidden dealers when they spawn, and give players without ranks a better sell % without going to prison, for a limited time. In the past summoning/removing NPCs were very glitchy, so not entirely sure on if this would even be possible, but could give more variety to selling drugs

On your first paragraph, I understand why you see it unfair that drugs are just being spawned. However, this would certainly not disrupt the economy of MCD. Comparing to mule jobs, the person that runs the drugs would only receive a small percentage cut of the inventory, such as anywhere from about 5k to about 15k, while the person who posted the mule jobs receives the whopping majority, about the other 90%-75%. When comparing to dealer jobs, take care, as there would not be a person that would receive the 90% of the cut. While it is logical that there would be drugs spawned in, there wouldn’t be negative connotations, as the economy would be kept in check by mule jobs and the small amount injected into the economy as a result of the dealer jobs. Also, if we are talking about drugs being “spawned in,” take care again, as drugs normally grown are constantly multiplying and the money is being given by the drug dealer, when there isn’t any junkies actually using the drugs, so money is constantly being “spawned in” by the drug dealer.

On your second paragraph, there used to be a traveling dealer last map that did exactly that.

Last edited:

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I feel like this could be better implemented as “hey, here’s a daily quest to sell this amount of this kind of drug, and if you do it you’ll get a reward of cash/a vtoken/something else” which could incentivize something other than just massive autofarms when it comes to farming

I feel like this could be better implemented as “hey, here’s a daily quest to sell this amount of this kind of drug, and if you do it you’ll get a reward of cash/a vtoken/something else” which could incentivize something other than just massive autofarms when it comes to farming
That is a whole different idea my guy. That is YOU farming. My idea is you selling the Drug Dealer’s drugs to buyers.

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Well yes, but all this seems like is mule duty with less overall work and risk for more profit.

Well yes, but all this seems like is mule duty with less overall work and risk for more profit.
In a lot of ways it is like mule duty, but unlike mule duty you would do things like climb the ranks, unlocking a higher level of cut and drugs, you would be selling to specific locations for buyers, and it isn’t ran by the player base.

Also, if you are thinking of this as another mule duty, it’s not. Think of it more as a quest line. Dealer duty could be changed so that there would only be a dealer job at every interval period of time. This would fix any balancing issues because mule jobs you can accept over and over again with no wait.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.