Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Pending double standards/staff abuse

krom

MVP+
this is not a ban appeal, i repeat, not a ban appeal.
but GlucoseDaddy seems to be in urgent need of a demote

Your IGN : Krhhmg
Player to be reported : GlucoseDaddy
Player being reported Rank : TrialMod
Describe your issue in detail : 4min ban for advert misuse immediately after jakeman5 did the exact same thing and wasn't even warned
Why do you feel this is worth a report : see above
Attached Evidence here :

http://prntscr.com/tlp8xc
http://prntscr.com/tlp95j

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
If another staff member would like to address this they can, however as I said in-game I would like to bring up the advert rules at the meeting on Saturday to get more opinions before responding to this completely, in case the rest of the staff team feels there needs to be clarifications or revisions.

This is my perspective on it based on the staff guidelines we have now... We already enforce /advert to be used for actual adverts. Using it to send a large, bolded, message in chat just to get everyone's attention for something like "so and so sucks" or some blatant insult is not an appropriate use at all. Throwing "oh also I'm selling this __" at the end does not circumvent this rule. Though your message didn't target anyone by name, it was obvious from the context of chat at the time what you were referring to.

Regarding the other advert by Jakeman, I'm a bit on the fence on this one, for the simple reason that this is a factions server. Saying "my fac is better than your fac, apply here" is far different from using it to throw out personal insults, which were also completely unrelated to what you were selling. It was obvious that the purpose of your advert was for that message, not because you were selling armour.

Just as a note for this report, I did remove the ban from your history due to the ambiguity of the situation. I'm going to wait for more staff's opinions before commenting further.

krom

MVP+
i understand your point but the approach "advert is for advert only except ..." is a straight invitation for abuse resulting in biased punishment politics

Latest posts

Members online