Hrby's side of the story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Due to the overwhelming flow of hate coming in my direction over this drama with Craig, I'd like to address it from my point of view. My "story" if you will (though I swear upon my honor, this is the truth). I will be as accurate as possible, giving an overview of the relation between myself, Craig, Wam, and the faction over the course of time that lead to this climax of events.
Last map, Craig amassed a fortune of roughly 70m after hitting max rank. With this money, he amassed for himself a squad of players who would be in his debt for the next map (this current one). He had aspirations of using this debt owed to him to be able to, with relative ease, reach max rank before anyone else in this map.
This map, unlike the last, Craig has grown close to another player in the faction (Wam). In no way am I stating that it is a bad thing that craig has made this friend. Due to this friendship, however, Craig has spent the vast majority of his time on teamspeak in a private channel with Wam. This, over time, lead to a separation between those two and the rest of the faction.
Around a month ago, some random discovered craig's base and TP'd Zhihu (a kotn member) there. Zhihu, remarking about how poor the base's protection was, TP'd me there after I asked if I could take a look. Zhihu was correct. The base was a farm surrounded by one wall. However, the wall was outside of the claimed region. This means that the wall could simply be mined through by anyone with a pickaxe.
Before we get to what happens next, I will explain the context of the relation between KOTN and the salt faction, along with what I had been amusing myself with around that time.
In the weeks leading up to this event, the salt faction had established themselves as the best pvping faction on the server. I had been around several raids during this time, which all involved getting beheaded by salt members on multiple occasions. Upon realizing how much damage TNT does to players in good armor, I decided that if I could not beat them in melee, I would have to use explosive tactics to best them. During this obsession with TNT, I was able to best some salt members (including ken, to my delight) by hiding in a claimed room near a base that was being defended by salties, luring the salties in, and imploding the tnt room (killing several salties).
This style of combat inspired my plan, which I would refer to as "The decoy base."
My plan was to make the salties think I was insiding Craig. I would gain their full trust, and then when I knew they were geared I would have them all tp inside of an obby room which I would have claimed in a fashion to look like a big claimed farm upon doing /f map. When the salties were all inside this base, I planned to ignite a massive amount of TNT that I would have placed underneath the floor of the room that they were tp'd into. This would result in my death, and the loss of a great amount of gear worn by the salties. While elaborate and time consuming, this is the kind of deceptive plot that I enjoy masterminding.
However, this plan did not come into fruition. After making a big show in chat about my gaining access to craig's farm, I began messaging the salties, inquiring about my plans to "inside" Craig. I then headed out and claimed a base that would serve as the decoy for the next night, when my plot would unfold.
However, as you know, craig's base was raided the next day, rendering my plot null and void. I had planned to inform craig of my plot the next day (the day that I planned to nuke the salties), assuming he would get a laugh from their deaths and the genius (and overcomplicated nature) of my plan. I had discussed this plan in our faction channel on the night before.
Clearly, if I had informed Craig of this plan after his base was actually raided, it would have (as it does now) looked as though I had brought this upon him.
At this point in time, I had nothing against Craig, and was enjoying the grindy race to max rank. This race to max rank was the reason I gave the salties when they asked me why I would inside a faction member. This perfect situation, in my mind, would be foolproof in convincing the salties of my shady plan. They had to buy into it, or they wouldn't have taken me seriously.
In fact, the following weeks after Craig's base went down were peaceful in nature. That is, until the beginning of this week, when Craig began to tire of Zie's refusal to pay back the remaining amount that he owed Craig from last map. Due to this frustration, Craig caused a (small) portion of zie's farm to be destroyed. This caused tension in the faction, and caused a much larger tear between the faction and Craig/wam. The night that this happened, Craig was scolded in the KOTN kik chat by ace. The following day, perhaps out of sheer coincidence, this raid happened. Then, Craig accused me of TPing the salties to his base a month ago, and he and wam proceeded to blow up our 6-floor 80x80 faction farm and my personal vault. The two of them left the faction, gained supporters for their "Hrby is evil" cause, and here we are today.
I'd first like to address myself where fault is due. I have been an ass in chat lately, and this is something which I don't have an excuse for. This demonstration of character as of late is probably why it is so believable that I would inside a faction member, but it is not something that I would do. I would like to apologize for that behavior in chat, and I will try to be be nicer in general. I'd also like to say that it is very difficult to not be an ass when you have a large number of people making heinous remarks about you in chat. I tend to get defensive when I am taunted. I will try to be more mature about these remarks in the future.
Finally, to wrap this up, I'd just like to say that if you feel compelled enough about this drama to make a comment, please do so on this post rather than in the server chat. Also, as my faction members have nothing to do with most of this whole ordeal, please aim any remarks regarding the situation at me, since It is really my fault. I should not have treaded the waters of pretending to inside someone, because clearly it is something that can have some strong backfire.

As for Craig and Wam - I don't think the relationship between you two and the faction is mendable at this point, but I do feel bad that it has ended in this way. I take back my hostile remarks from yesterday, because from anyone's point of view but mine, I look to be in the wrong, and that is entirely a product of my own creation.

As for the rest of the server - I and the other members of KoTN have seen that the server's view of our faction has become almost entirely negative, and we will do the best we can to improve this image. It is undeniable that it is an ego-booster to be in a powerful faction. If you have any suggestions for us to improve our image, it would be cool if you'd post them here. (This does not include suggesting that we stop raiding)

I hope I have explained myself in a way that doesn't sound sour to any party.

Happy grinding to you all.

-Hrby (EIChapoJr)

Ziexd

2017 Map Founder
Contributor II
MVP+
DrugPass I
Holy shit... This is gonna take me forever to read.

EDIT: I read it, the decoy base I remember talking about in teamspeak. As Craig and Wam were never in our channel, or communicating with the faction, they would have been entirely unaware of this operation.

Great Post Harb!

Last edited:

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
In regard to the actual culprit who raided that base, my guess is that either another person stumbled onto it, or the salties somehow were able to find out who the random was who tp'd zhihu there, and it was that person who gave them access. The only fact I know for certain is that it was not me.

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
As for the rest of the server - I and the other members of KoTN have seen that the server's view of our faction has become almost entirely negative, and we will do the best we can to improve this image.

I don't think the view of the faction is bad as much as some of the people in your faction are admittedly cocky.

I'm definitely not sparing myself this either - I am definitely cocky in the spur of the moment. Just my 2 cents on that.

I'd first like to address myself where fault is due. I have been an ass in chat lately, and this is something which I don't have an excuse for.

I'm also not sparing myself from this, but this was my only inclination to believe the Salties story over you.

However, I think all of this drama is stupid and that what happened in the game should stay inside the game and not spread to personal bombardments on peoples sense of character. (which, again, I am not saying I have never done this.)

S

SquareAngle

Near impossible to come back from multiple people accusing you of Insiding, even if you were pretending.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKAjabroc

MVP+
K here is a Salty side of the story:
I do remember the time you placed TNT and killed like three of us including Ken. That was very funny to me to see the mastermind of the plan.
Saltysaif was informed by Hrby asking if he wants a tp to Craig's farm. The deal was that hrby would have 50% of the drugs I believe. He was also told the cords were around 10k 10k I believe. So we got to the base and saw that one of the walls wasn't claimed. We made some damage and saw there was an obsidian box there. Then we got into one part and at that time we were asking admins to break chest for us due to the glitch. Mid way through the first section being broken the admin that was helping was informed he couldn't break chest anymore. By that time hrby and zhihu were there in the second half of the box transferring the drugs out.
The point of you trapping us with TNT in a fake base has one fault to the story. It does go with the fact with what you did before. In the deal though you said you would tp us to farm and we would get in the vault. You were also MOD at that time so you couldn't scam and tp us to just something fake with the deal you gave us.
Btw congrats to hitting max rank hrby

beebot99

Contributor
I think that maybe KingOfTheNorth has reigned strong for too long. After all, all kings fall one day. Who knows, Maybe they will join with others who seek to re-place that top faction stop to become a ''better'' KingsOfTheNorth. The server is about factions that are united, Not torn apart from drama leaving scars not just in 1 faction but because Kings is a big faction it scars the whole server. Good post Hrb. I can see how this ''Undercover plan'' Might seem like a plot to inside Craig since it was discovered not as your plan but your evil plan. I think your plan may of been mis-Interpreted my many.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
K here is a Salty side of the story:
I do remember the time you placed TNT and killed like three of us including Ken. That was very funny to me to see the mastermind of the plan.
Saltysaif was informed by Hrby asking if he wants a tp to Craig's farm. The deal was that hrby would have 50% of the drugs I believe. He was also told the cords were around 10k 10k I believe. So we got to the base and saw that one of the walls wasn't claimed. We made some damage and saw there was an obsidian box there. Then we got into one part and at that time we were asking admins to break chest for us due to the glitch. Mid way through the first section being broken the admin that was helping was informed he couldn't break chest anymore. By that time hrby and zhihu were there in the second half of the box transferring the drugs out.
The point of you trapping us with TNT in a fake base has one fault to the story. It does go with the fact with what you did before. In the deal though you said you would tp us to farm and we would get in the vault. You were also MOD at that time so you couldn't scam and tp us to just something fake with the deal you gave us.
Btw congrats to hitting max rank hrby

Addressing the coords: As I mentioned in my post, I am not sure how you guys found the base, but I did not give the coords. I realize that it is my word against a great many of people from enemy factions. My guess is that somehow saif or another salty member found out who tp'd zhihu there, and got him to either tp or give coords.

Addressing Zhihu and I trying to get drugs: When we realized that the base was being raided, we hurried to save as many drugs as we could. We traded the drugs to ace, who deposited them into a chest room. I assume craig was given what we recovered, though we werent able to recover very much since the majority of the chests had been blown up by the time we got there.

Addressing the "Scam" thing: As was determined in ace's report about him saying "Find me in spawn for [x] amount of dollars," scamming is only scamming if someone was to pay the mod or give the mod an item, and the mod not give the goods promised. Merely lying where there is no money being paid to the mod is not considered scamming; that is just factions gameplay. An example of an actual scam would be you paying me 500k for 700 points, and me straight out not giving you the points. To the best of my knowledge, that plan was in no way violating the mod/scam relationship.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Let's not forget the faction member who's base I actually did raid. @ShadyTies :D

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Just clearing one thing up, I didn't willfully tp you btw. P0six was telling me that you were offering him over 400k for you to tp him, and was placing signs down because he thought you had social spy. It was really shady the way you went behind my back to get the tp to the base in the first place, I ended up taking the money and tping you there myself because I knew you were going to get a tp either way.

At least this clears things up because I felt really bad when Craig's farm got fucked a day after I got there...As for Bein's farm I knew they had claims outside for weeks.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
I think that maybe KingOfTheNorth has reigned strong for too long. After all, all kings fall one day. Who knows, Maybe they will join with others who seek to re-place that top faction stop to become a ''better'' KingsOfTheNorth. The server is about factions that are united, Not torn apart from drama leaving scars not just in 1 faction but because Kings is a big faction it scars the whole server. Good post Hrb. I can see how this ''Undercover plan'' Might seem like a plot to inside Craig since it was discovered not as your plan but your evil plan. I think your plan may of been mis-Interpreted my many.

They already had to nerf KingsOfTheServer. I believe the second patch comes out soon though. Only way I see us dying is if we stop playing.

Burrito2

MVP
The following day, perhaps out of sheer coincidence, this raid happened. Then, Craig accused me of TPing the salties to his base a month ago, and he and wam proceeded to blow up our 6-floor 80x80 faction farm and my personal vault.

I didn't raid you thank you very much, I wouldn't stoop to your level :)

As for the so called "lack of communication" between me and wam and you guys, you never ask to talk to us. If people ever ask to be moved in, they get moved in, just because we are in a channel together doesn't mean we're secluding ourselves.

Last edited:

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
Just clearing one thing up, I didn't willfully tp you btw. P0six was telling me that you were offering him over 400k for you to tp him, and was placing signs down because he thought you had social spy. It was really shady the way you went behind my back to get the tp to the base in the first place, I ended up taking the money and tping you there myself because I knew you were going to get a tp either way.

At least this clears things up because I felt really bad when Craig's farm got fucked a day after I got there...As for Bein's farm I knew they had claims outside for weeks.
This is untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online