Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Illegal Fishing

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
I am basing this idea on real life illegal fishing; where illegal fishermen go to parts of the ocean to fish for [most of the time] endangered species. Just like in real life, it would be pvp enabled (The pirate fishermen versus the Japanese and United States navy).

This fishing area would have much higher drops of tropical fish and puffer fish while on the other hand having lower cod and salmon drops, possibly a better fish/sushi seller, and possibly a cooler, rarer Diamond fishing crate. And I think I found the perfect spot, right next to the oil rig/oil spill zone, where there may be radioactive fish. Allow some sort of exit possibly other than just teleporting out, maybe some advanced parkour or something, would need to be fleshed out.
ESwAHvN.png

HmbR4wJ.png

I don't believe this would be too difficult to do; set the oil rig area to pvp on and set the biome to mushroom island. Then through mcmmo change the fish drop rates for just the specific mushroom island biome. This is assuming there won't be a mushroom island biome by the end of the map (or maybe just set it in spawn). Could be named the Illegal Fishing spot and have chances of dropping radioactive fish too if its possible to add custom drops/custom fish.

This would add a way to split up pvpers from prison and the illegal fishing spot as well. With the introduction of this could also come a fish booster. Thanks for reading and the rest are just some ideas for custom fish incase it is possible to add them.
  • Possible Fish Names in order of rarity: Catfish, Divine Salmon, Tiger Shark, and the rarest being LEGENDARY SILVERFISH (a button or something) worth like 250k but of course being a one in a billion chance or something crazy.

Last edited:

Puppy_Killer

2017 Map Founder
MVP++
If its illegal fish, possibly have it so that cops can frisk them aswell. This would give some reward for cops to patrol that area and make an even higher risk

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
In all honesty the terms “fishing” and “pvp” don’t mesh up well in my head. It doesn’t seem like you’d be able to be there long enough to actually make the amount of fish you catch worthwhile. Also, I don’t believe adding in the custom fish would be possible for just that area without a whole new plugin, and even then it might come in conflict with mcmmos fishing overall.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
In all honesty the terms “fishing” and “pvp” don’t mesh up well in my head. It doesn’t seem like you’d be able to be there long enough to actually make the amount of fish you catch worthwhile. Also, I don’t believe adding in the custom fish would be possible for just that area without a whole new plugin, and even then it might come in conflict with mcmmos fishing overall.
I mean I didn't see fishing and pvp as a cohesive idea until I saw what real life illegal fishing looks like.
And yeah the custom fish would be a side point to the main idea of rarer fish drops and better prices for fish.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Even though I don't fish a lot or at all for that matter this sounds really cool; reminds me like on prison servers when they have the better mine where pvp is enabled
Cool idea

Tzunami_

This is an amazing idea.

Illegal fishing happens all around the world (it is a pretty big problem). The Horn of Africa comes to mind as a place with a large illegal fishing economy and lots of violence.

This idea would also fit this map lore really well, this is the perfect map to implement it on. A place sort of like prison but for fishing. Fishing also seems to be pretty popular this map so it will probably get good use. Great idea!

Latest posts

Members online