Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Improvement to cop system

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdiotSandwich

Heya

I know I am still a tad -too- new to the server to make a big complaint about this but I do think there should be a better rules for the cops.

For example, I just logged into the server, gathered my good and headed to the spawn, without me knowing there was a cop online. So the smallest second I walk out of the spawn, I instantly get hit in the back and sent to jail. I was more upset that I was jailed so fast then over losing the drugs, I can easily get those back so there's no reason for me to be so.

If I knew there were cops online I would have been more careful. So, my suggestion is to either find a plugin that highlights the "cops" in the TAB list, or have it on the side of the screen.

Or to give the cops a few more restrictions. Nobody likes spawncampers. Whatever you do is my guess, changing things or not. I will not complain if nothing happens.

~IdiotSandwich

14Squared

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
There's a 40 minute protection for new players when they join the server, by that time you should've read /warp tutorial and the signs in spawn that said watch out for cops in blue armour.

/listcops used to be a thing but was removed to allow cops more of an advantage due to players usually not making runs while cops are on

Haxwarz

VIP+
There's a 40 minute protection for new players when they join the server, by that time you should've read /warp tutorial and the signs in spawn that said watch out for cops in blue armour.

/listcops used to be a thing but was removed to allow cops more of an advantage due to players usually not making runs while cops are on

he was not talking about being a new player. what he is talking about is the annoyance of spawn campers and those spawn camping cops are even worse then druggie house entrance camper cops.

all that said i would not have any idea how to solve the problem except inv potting

IdiotSandwich

Thanks for your reply, and as the person down below said I know there was a timer like that when I first joined the server. My biggest complaint is indeed the spawncamping cops.

I can understand why there is no listing now that you explained it, but I do still think there should be a different ruleset for spawncamping cops, because it just is plain unfair.

IdiotSandwich

Or, how about a penalty to the cops if they hit someone who DOESN'T hold any drugs? We get a penalty for being captured with it, they should get a penalty for being triggerhappy and hitting everybody who comes into town.

matthiasss_

VIP+
Hello IdiotSandwich,

For me it doesn't make sense you're able to check how many cops there are online.
If a drugrunner gets the ability to check if there are cops online they won't go to run drugs.
It's already hard for cops to make money and I think that the removing of this command has a great impact on the money making of cops.
I would also like to note you can still do /list wich gives you the ability to check if there are cops online but you won't get info of they are on duty.

Have a nice day,
Matthias

IdiotSandwich

Hello IdiotSandwich,

For me it doesn't make sense you're able to check how many cops there are online.
If a drugrunner gets the ability to check if there are cops online they won't go to run drugs.
It's already hard for cops to make money and I think that the removing of this command has a great impact on the money making of cops.
I would also like to note you can still do /list wich gives you the ability to check if there are cops online but you won't get info of they are on duty.

Have a nice day,
Matthias

Hello Matthias,

I have already said I understood the decision why that command isn't in place in the previously placed comments, if you have read those.

And like I said in my very first post, I am not in the place to make big arguments because I am still too new to the server. I am just writing out what bugged me the first time around for it might scare some people from playing on the server.

Again, I understood it the first time around already, but thank you for repeating.

Kind regards.

Last edited:

LubeMan420

VIP+
Cops camping is kind of the only way they can earn money. I also believe that people complain about cops too much despite there being two places to sell drugs and numerous entrances to those places. This is made even fairer as there are never more than two or three cops on duty together and there are countless more ways of evading cops such as obstacles, potions and sometimes just skill.

I just wanted to explain some of the reasons of why I and some other cops and staff I have spoken to believe that the cop system at the moment is equally balanced and that making cops even harder to make money would decrease the number of cops. This i feel would ruin the server making it a farming server with no excitement at all,
dogypadle.

Koala

MVP
So many dislikes even though I'm a cop myself okk :/
Didn't realise people would take that so seriously.

bluepanda64

he was not talking about being a new player. what he is talking about is the annoyance of spawn campers and those spawn camping cops are even worse then druggie house entrance camper cops.

all that said i would not have any idea how to solve the problem except inv potting
Or, how about a penalty to the cops if they hit someone who DOESN'T hold any drugs? We get a penalty for being captured with it, they should get a penalty for being triggerhappy and hitting everybody who comes into town.
That is a very flawed idea. Cops are constantly given shit for the role the play in the mc drugs community. If you think there might be a cop hiding behind the spawn pillars go into third person to check. Also try and use the prison (left) or board walks (right) to sell your drugs the sides of spawn are usally under populated with cops and the boardwalks allows access behind the drug house which will allow you to slip past any "camping" cop. If you still find it hard to evade cops try brewing inviability or speed potion. Keep in mind you can always check if a cop is on by list but no if they are on duty.

Badkuip

VIP+
Yesterday I was being chased by a cop outside once I left spawn. Had to run back in a couple of times, took me 5 to 10 minutes to sell my drugs. I can see how this can get repetitive but it was pretty entertaining the first time it happened to me. Also 5 minutes before that he arrested me, I was unaware they could check and arrest me that quick.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Just want to clear some things up, probably going to repeat a lot of what has been said already. As stated, there is a 40 minute period for new players where they can not be arrested, protecting them while they first check out spawn. As for a cooldown/penalty for cops frisking, it's just not feasible. Cops already have a difficult job, as players that usually sell big inventories use potions, or other ways to get past cops easily. Cops camping is not really a problem. There's over 3 ways to get out of spawn, and usually not over 3 cops online. Something you can do if there are cops camping is to get a friend with <16 drugs to get arrested by them, and run while the cop has a cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.