Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Increase Tax limits and Figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

__MrSandman__

VIP
All of the tax figures are too low, the plugin is useless. One noob selling an inventory of carrots could raise enough money to keep his faction going for nearly a year. Even if the tax is raised to 250$ a day it is still far to low.

The amount you can tax other players is also pretty low. While it is important to keep faction owners from being able to drain a members funds before they have time to leave the faction, the cap is still way to low to be useful to anyone. For example say you want to tax your members for using a faction owned farm. With the taxation limit at only 5k a day, it makes it basically worthless as a means of raising money in exchange for faction resources.

All in all I just don't see the point in having the plugin. It confuses new members, doesn't prevent inactivity, and isn't useful to any fac owners. There is no sense in having a feature that just makes the server more complex without really adding any depth to it.

Lastly I would just like to say that the server has been better than ever since the reset. You guys did a really good job with the map and the plugins and everything! This is just a small complaint I hope you guys will take into consideration. :)

Last edited:

jrd3044

AsstToTheOwner
Staff member
AsstToTheOwner
Hello Sandman,
Thanks for the suggestion. The $250 tax will be for each chunk, so if you have 2 chunks claimed that would be $500. The taxes will fluctuate throughout the map. Right now they are low because the server just reset and we don't want to have a really high tax on newer players. In the next coming months we will discuss a fair tax price for everyone. We can't have the price to high because new players will have a extremely tough time making a faction. If you have a suggestion for a price feel free to post it here, and any other suggestions that might make this process easier for us.
Thanks,
jrd

__MrSandman__

VIP
Hmm I can see this is a pretty difficult problem... New players are always going to be poor so unless you could contextually change how much a faction gets taxed for upkeep it's always going to be detrimental to new players. However, a new player can always join a larger faction if he/she is having trouble raising upkeep money on their own. Something between 250-1k seems like a good amount to me.

The maximum amount a faction leader can tax his members could easily be increased without any repercussions. I say it should be set to at least 25-100k or even have no limit. Afterall scamming is allowed and having it this way could yield some pretty interesting things like mutinies and so on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online