More Mule Plugin Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Hello!
I was thinking about the mule job plugin recently, and more specifically what would make me more likely to use it (besides farm would compatability, but I digress). A couple ideas came to mind that could give those who post jobs more security over who takes them.

1. Whitelisting
This would be a toggle where players could whitelist only certain people to take their jobs. This would serve two functions, the first would be establishing a level of trust between mule and poster, as well as allowing only, say, faction members to take the jobs. And since it's a toggle, you'd be able to turn it on and off and still maintain the list.

2. Blacklisting
Same as above, except not on a toggle This would simply stop certain people from being able to take your jobs, which could be useful if you know someone has a habit of failing even though they can auto accept, or if you simply want to spite a certain player who's been bugging you (why reward those who annoy you with a cut from your job?)

3. Insurance
I haven't posted a job yet to have it failed, but I don't really want to risk posting one only to lose 40-60k due to mules failing. What I'm suggesting here is that if a mule gets arrested then they lose up to 5-8% of the profit of the drugs from their own balance that goes to the poster. (so if they lose 20k worth of drugs, then 4k gets transferred from their balance to yours)

4. Mule request
Sort of like how mules with less than 50 rep request jobs, this would allow people to request specific players to mule they're drugs.

5. Mule Favorite
Sort of like above, and similar to another suggestion I posted, this would allow players to add mules to a "favorites" list, which would allow them to receive notifications when jobs are posted regardless to whether or not they're on duty (which can be toggled on or off on the mules end to avoid spam).

6. Auto accept rep change
This would simply allow players to change the minimum rep for players to auto accept mule jobs.

That's all I've got, what do y'all think?

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
The Whitelisting and Blacklisting idea seems cool,
Although I can't see the insurance going well considering a large amount of people who do mule jobs are actually the rank "mule" and usually have little to no money, this would result them going into - money, and there being a risk of it failing is one of the factors that makes it fair, and its not like people are going to intentionally fail mule jobs as its against the rules, every mules goal is to make money not to lose so it isn't often that they fail. ( maybe only on boosters ) when cops such as myself itzrandomname and k00k are on our horses :D
As for "mule favorite" I don't think it should be implemented the way you said, that you should pick who could be notified, I think it should be a command like /coinflipnotify except it would be /mulesnotify

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Though these are all good suggestions, though they all seem to be geared towards the idea of restricting which players can take your mule jobs. This has never been the intent of the mule system, we've always wanted jobs to be open to everyone, which is why jobs can be taken without a request past a certain rep.

We'd like players who aren't part of a big faction to have an equal opportunity to mule drugs, and I feel allowing players to pick "favourite" mules or suppliers would take a lot of the mule jobs off of the market for newer, less notable players. After all, the system was implemented primarily to benefit new and low-rank players who are just learning the server and trying to make some money to start off, not experienced players in big factions.

The notification when new jobs come up is a good idea, I'll try to get that implemented in the mule overhaul.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.