• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerooo__

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
I have noticed that Zhihu has been doing 8 hearts with 1 hit. I believe that he is using the Tank Chesplate, Psychotic Helmet, and a Heavy Axe. I know that the main point of the gear is to have good effects while having bad effects at the same time, but I have tested that you can get rid of the negative effects that the gear gives while the "double damage" doesn't get removed. I believe that this is very pay to win and either should make it so that you cannot drink milk and remove the bad effects that the armor gives or just entirely remove the armor itself. I have asked quite a few people on their thoughts on this setup and they believe that this completely ruins the fun and skill of PVP. I would like the people in the community to vote and see how they feel about this.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I made this pretty fast so there might be some spelling/grammar issues.

EDIT: It makes PVP based on luck not skill, and the armor stacks the double damage that it gives. I have heard before that the owners does that want this to be an oppvp server but with these items I am pretty sure it will likely turn to an oppvp server.

Last edited:

SaltyKen

MVP
I agree with this post mainly because today we were fighting Zhihu and he legit dropped AKA in 2 hits and snapped to me and dropped me to 2 hearts like that.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Even with a normal melee weapon, a strength 2 pot will allow you to kill someone wearing p4 in just a few hits. Armor does significantly less protection in 1.11, and this is just an outcome of that. If you want the playing field to be fair, you could just buy the items off other players with ingame money. There are plenty of heavy axes /tank chestplates / psychotic helmets out there for you to buy!

SaltyKen

MVP
Even with a normal melee weapon, a strength 2 pot will allow you to kill someone wearing p4 in just a few hits. Armor does significantly less protection in 1.11, and this is just an outcome of that. If you want the playing field to be fair, you could just buy the items off other players with ingame money. There are plenty of heavy axes /tank chestplates / psychotic helmets out there for you to buy!
Ive tested this a lot and strength doesnt do what you claim to do. Ive pvp with strength and it took me atleast 5-7 hits to drop someone depending on my crits I had the same armor from crates during that fight at arena and see how fast I dropped Zhihu. Its way too over powered and another point we shouldn't have to pay to 2 hit someone thats basically considered pay to win if you think about it.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
This is very hypocritical considering SaltyKen did this to me about 20 hours ago. So it's only bad when it happens to you ? What if I were to say nerf mcmmo axes? All your credits into would be a waste, just stop complaining. If you don't like it stop being a retart and don't pvp.

Zerooo__

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
But you see, you guys have a complete big advantage over everyone. Most people in the server are starting out and it just completely ruins their experience in the server if they are trying to fight and they just get 1 shot. You guys have had a big head start over everyone and it just makes it not fun.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
we shouldn't have to pay to 2 hit someone thats basically considered pay to win if you think about it.

This server is EULA compliant, you can vote to get chance at a heavy axe. The reason you can't buy heavy axes is because I pay people off to not sell you them.

SaltyKen

MVP
This server is EULA compliant, you can vote to get chance at a heavy axe.
Like said above I thought this wasn't a op server 2 hitting someone in p4 which takes a while to get is not right.

Edit- There is even a slim chance to one hit someone.

Last edited:

Zerooo__

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
The reason you can't buy heavy axes is because I pay people off to not sell you them.
Exactly, you are completely just playing for yourself. Do you ever think of how much you ruin people's experience on the server by doing that?

Zerooo__

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
It makes them quit the server, which the server will die out just because of you due to the lack of players on.

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
From an unbiased viewpoint, if this is to be correct than I agree with Zero - not because Zhihu may use this setup but because Minecraft PvP should be drawn out to an extent (at least in my opinion.)

I'm open to criticism on this idea; however I think if the PvP is over in just a few seconds than it becomes dependent on who has more golden apples than the other person.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Exactly, you are completely just playing for yourself. Do you ever think of how much you ruin people's experience on the server by doing that?

Sounds like you are just mad from all these L's...

It makes them quit the server, which the server will die out just because of you due to the lack of players on.

That is the point, usually Ken quits around January, my goal is to make him quit by the end of summer. And me killing your faction isn't going to make the player count go down. You could easily vote for 5 days and open a heavy axe, just like any other player.

The server is the most popular it's ever been. Your points are invalid.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
My view on this... The armor and weapons are available to anyone in game which can build their gear and stats around them just like the top pvpers.
If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen as the saying goes.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
1. This is proof that you can kill someone in just a few hits with strength 2. Even if you have the setup that zhihu was using to kill you guys, it doesn't do consistant high damage. You could kill a person in that setup if you avoided a few of their hits while dealing some of your own.
But you see, you guys have a complete big advantage over everyone. Most people in the server are starting out and it just completely ruins their experience in the server if they are trying to fight and they just get 1 shot. You guys have had a big head start over everyone and it just makes it not fun.
You can't complain about ruining the experience for new players when you and your faction spent the entirety of the first few weeks of the map killing everyone at wild because you guys started working on pvp before anyone else. Stop being hypocritical, get the gear that you claim is so op, and use it to your own advantage.

SaltyKen

MVP
My view on this... The armor and weapons are available to anyone in game which can build their gear and stats around them just like the top pvpers.
If you can't stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen as the saying goes.
2 hitting someone is not heat. If I cant walk into the kitchen then how tf am I gunna experience the "heat". Legit Aka couldn't press his keyboard before he was dead. If you compare this with a op server I think 2 hitting someone is meeting the op standards.

SaltyKen

MVP
1. This is proof that you can kill someone in just a few hits with strength 2. Even if you have the setup that zhihu was using to kill you guys, it doesn't do consistant high damage. You could kill a person in that setup if you avoided a few of their hits while dealing some of your own.

No you cant you need the same setup I had the same setup zhihu had 20 mins ago and I 2 hit zhihu in that arena only reason I didnt kill him faster is because I missed my hits. Like I said I missed hits and still killed him so. Also it basically does the high damage after every 3 or so hits

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
No you cant you need the same setup I had the same setup zhihu had 20 mins ago and I 2 hit zhihu in that arena only reason I didnt kill him faster is because I missed my hits. Like I said I missed hits and still killed him so. Also it basically does the high damage after every 3 or so hits
So just use that setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.