Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Nerf withers

Nerf withers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4rcher

MVP
I think that withers shoukd be nerfed, they can get into any base in minutes. It is very unfair to people who, say, bought a base25, then get raided by a wither in 5mins. It takes no skill to use a wither and I think they should be nerfed!
PLEASE POST WHAT YOU THINK IN THE POLE ABOVE.
(Fml)

Ace42986

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP+
Rdoom333 got banned for using hacks to get into gonjas and guverfours base ( my cabin ) 3-4 days ago but got back on today and unleashed a wither on to there base to get his revenge lol . it did a lot of damage to there base and the 2 of them could not handle it by them selves, so they made the smart move and left the area so it would go inactive. but as soon as i got home from work ( 2 hours later ) it was easily handled. so ya there OP as fuck! But that is part of the faction game. u need people to be able to help u in that type of situation. faction members, Allies, friends. This is a faction server after all.
just saying
PS: i don't expect this to be the last attack on them by him :p

MarKeeys

2017 Map Founder
MVP+
Base25 isn't designed to be unraidable anyway, you can add more to it yourself to reinforce the defence, like making an ocean around it for example.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
With cannons barely working on the current versions, we need withers so bases are raidable.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Cannons work fine. There are some simple adjustments that you can make to have them working perfectly. The only issue is the scarcity of tnt.

Hi, you can purchase TNT from the mall at spawn for an afordable price. The mall is just out the left door after doing /spawn.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Cannons work fine. There are some simple adjustments that you can make to have them working perfectly. The only issue is the scarcity of tnt.

I meant to say rather than cannons no working, there is many bases that are hard to use cannons on. Withers make these bases actually raidable.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Hi, you can purchase TNT from the mall at spawn for an afordable price. The mall is just out the left door after doing /spawn.
The price of tnt would require a 20 stacker that can fire more than one chunk to use 20k worth of tnt per shot. Now think about having to shoot that cannon up to 15 times (1 shot to slab bust, 12 shots to stack sand, 1 shot to stack one more sand for next shot, 1 final shot to hybrid) PER WALL. That's 300k to shoot through a wall with ONE SLAB (each additional slab would require another shot) at y: 240. This is all assuming every single shot works as intended, so it will likely cost even more. Cannoning is NOT viable because of the price of tnt.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I think you're a little bit confused on the whole concept of raiding. It's not meant to be cheap, $400 000 is not a lot of money for a good raid.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
I think you're a little bit confused on the whole concept of raiding. It's not meant to be cheap, $400 000 is not a lot of money for a good raid.
Considering it literally takes minutes to gen a full wall to y: 254, having to cannon through several walls doesn't mean it's a "good raid". Raiding shouldn't cost money. It should cost time (grinding gunpowder, and cannoning the base) and skill (knowledge of how to approach each raid). Also, you're going to tell me that raids aren't meant to be cheap? Then why does it only cost an already inflated 30k to make a wither? Hell, it'd still be profitable to sell wither skulls at 2k each if the demand was there. Also I'd like to mention that walls are completely bypassed by withers. It doesn't matter how many walls you have; you can either go from the roof or simply go around them depending on the layout. Admit it Dakotaa, raiding on MC-Drugs is a joke, and YOU are the one that is "a little bit confused".

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Then use a fucking wither, why would you be an idiot and try to cannon when you just admitted that withering is much better?

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Then use a fucking wither, why would you be an idiot and try to cannon when you just admitted that withering is much better?
You're right, go tell that to every successful FACTION server. Cannoning in 2016 LUL so irrelevant and unnecessary.

I'm not gonna bother to attempt to cure your ignorance. If you can't see why cannoning shouldn't be thrown under the bus, I'm afraid there's no helping your case.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sorry, let me fix my ignorance by making TNT $1 each, because there's definitely not any other ways to get TNT, like creeper spawners or gunpowder. We'll make this a REAL hardcore faction server for you, the PvP, raiding, and cannon engineering god.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Sorry, let me fix my ignorance by making TNT $1 each, because there's definitely not any other ways to get TNT, like creeper spawners or gunpowder. We'll make this a REAL hardcore faction server for you, the PvP, raiding, and cannon engineering god.
I've never claimed to be good at any of those three things, and I'm actually shit at PvP. Also it'd be nice if you could address my criticism with thought out responses instead of your horribly exaggerated sarcasm. Like I told you yesterday, creeper spawners are extremely hard to get, which is another direct cause of the scarcity of tnt. Also, how the fuck are you breaking "creeper spawners" and "gunpowder" into two separate ways to get TNT? Where the fuck do you think gunpowder comes from?

It's pretty idiotic to advertise the server as a factions server. While it does indeed have /factions, it is misleading for anyone expecting a genuine factions playstyle. The fact that the server doesn't use PaperSpigot speaks for itself that the staff doesn't give a fuck about people wanting to cannon.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I did, first I told you that you could buy TNT at the mall. When you claimed TNT was too expensive - in your opinion - I told you that you could use a wither or use alternative ways to obtain TNT.

I also find it hilarious how you think that we shouldn't be advertising as a "Factions server" when we do indeed have the Factions plugin, "playstyle" doesnt mean shit.

And we have PaperSpigot, the server has next to no lag, you know nothing about running servers, and shouldn't just assume things like that.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
I did, first I told you that you could buy TNT at the mall. When you claimed TNT was too expensive - in your opinion - I told you that you could use a wither or use alternative ways to obtain TNT.

I also find it hilarious how you think that we shouldn't be advertising as a "Factions server" when we do indeed have the Factions plugin, "playstyle" doesnt mean shit.

And we have PaperSpigot, the server has next to no lag, you know nothing about running servers, and shouldn't just assume things like that.
You are talking in circles. You keep avoiding the points that I'm making and repeating yourself. TNT is NOT affordable as you claim, and I have laid that out plain and clear for you. Withers should not be the only viable method of raiding. You also didn't give "alternative ways" to get TNT. You mentioned creeper spawners, which as I've already said, are just as unfeasible as purchasing TNT from the mall.

Do you deny that advertising the server as "factions" is misleading to those expecting a server comparable to other faction servers? Once again, avoiding my main points.

You use PaperSpigot? I've asked you and other admins, and every time I've been told it is Spigot, not PaperSpigot. They are not the same thing.

I never even commented on the current server performance.

You are seriously delusional and it's sad to see how the circle jerking mods and other lower staff support your ideas blindly. That is about the only explanation I can fathom for why are so unreceptive to feedback.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I'm pretty sure most, if not all of our admins have no idea what "TNT triangles" are, not really a way to fix them when we've never heard of them and no one has brought them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online