Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Price Decay

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
Due to the increase in growth speed and addition of crop hoppers, auto farms have increased in power significantly. The result of this is that prices have lowered, and storage needs have been raised. In order to reach max prestige, it is now necessary to sell 12,000 inventories of mushrooms, or 4,000 inventories of combined mushrooms. This is actually the case for the majority of drugs currently.

Additionally, in order to store all the drugs required, players are forced to use crop hoppers, as hopper storage systems don't transport items fast enough to accommodate current autofarms, and buying hoppers is extremely expensive. However, the crop hopper plugin is extremely, disgustingly tedious to use when applied to a massive number of chests.

There must be some solution to this price decay effect, which probably would have to start with changing how growth speeds are balanced.

Instead of making auto crops grow faster in farmA, manual crops should grow slower in farmA. The same should apply vice versa. This would allow room for crop prices to increase without having to worry about overall increase in the ease of generating money.

There is one problem with this approach, which is that increasing prices would raise the value of already harvested crops. So this idea may have to be applied next map

Last edited:

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
In all honesty, I feel like this should be more of the players responsibility in terms of farming. The whole point of the dynamic price changes is to encourage diverse farming, so of course if everyone is running inventory after inventory of mushrooms the price is going to go down. It’s still easy to make money on the server, you just have to be more active instead of building farms that you just sit at and afk.

p0six

MVP+
In all honesty, I feel like this should be more of the players responsibility in terms of farming. The whole point of the dynamic price changes is to encourage diverse farming, so of course if everyone is running inventory after inventory of mushrooms the price is going to go down. It’s still easy to make money on the server, you just have to be more active instead of building farms that you just sit at and afk.
This response doesn't really make sense. If you look at drug prices 2 years ago vs now, they have universally gone down. It's not just mushrooms.

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I’m not 100% certain on this, but the price thing I believe is due to both the increased growth rates in the farm world and to encourage the use of compound drugs.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
This response doesn't really make sense. If you look at drug prices 2 years ago vs now, they have universally gone down. It's not just mushrooms.
A lot has changed !

p0six

MVP+
I’m not 100% certain on this, but the price thing I believe is due to both the increased growth rates in the farm world and to encourage the use of compound drugs.
This is actually what I wrote in my post titled “price decay”

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.