Dismiss Notice
Please feel free to join our website today! We're happy to help with anything, or maybe just to have a discussion or introduce yourself!

Realistic Arrest/Prison

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zyrky, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrky

    Zyrky New Member

    Ok, so I've been playing for a while and was thinking of different ways to make the server a bit more realistic and I think a bit more fun for those who get arrested.
    Now keep in mind this idea would change a lot for the prison/wherever the person is spawned after an arrest.

    The idea is that once a player is arrested they are sent to a prison where they can either enter a pvp zone and attempt to escape that way (With other players and cops) or through various different others ways like parkour or harder ways to escape, so that jail wouldn't be as boring. These players can also stay in their cells safely and wait out their sentence.
    Another idea was the wait time for people, depending on what they had on them when they are arrested affects how long they have to stay in jail.

    Just an idea I had~ Anyway thanks for reading~
  2. InFamousAge

    InFamousAge Admin Staff Member Admin MVP+

    There was something similar to this last map with the ability to parkour out of the prison to escape immediately and not have to wait out the sentence. The issue with this was certain items that affected jump boost made it incredibly easy and wasn't challenging at all. The is currently a higher jail time depending on your rank. It goes up by 30 seconds everytime you rankup to a max of 7m so that lower levels don't get impacted as hard whilst learning routes and how to escape the cops. Despite this I think it still sounds interesting and I'm sure this is something that could be implemented next map and thanks for the suggestion :)
  3. Lurnn

    Lurnn Mod Staff Member Moderator MVP++ PvP Tournament Winner

    A great idea but even if it isnt implemented maybe just a normal parkour that affects nothing simply to pass time
  4. Zyrky

    Zyrky New Member

    I thought about this stuff too and anything that makes arrests more realistic would be neat
  5. Minecraftlord10

    Minecraftlord10 Active Member Contributor III MVP+

    i feel the jail is supposed to be boring because it is a punishment for player who get caught with drugs.
  6. CodGlitchesHD

    CodGlitchesHD Member

    Personally I think sitting in jail isn't beneficial at all because it also denies cops potential money and with a lot of people only selling when there's no cops on they already have some pretty dry gameplay outside of boosters/peak time

    Main things I 'd like to see happen with jailtime are
    • Bail reduced significantly and increased to a 100% chance to get out.
    • Diminishing returns on being jailed in a certain time period e.g. if you've been caught in the past hour next jailtime is reduced by 25%, 50%, 75% and so on.
    • Offer alternative ways to escape.
    • I'm not sure if it was overlooked or just not entirely possible but I believe prestige junky rank gives same jailtime as default junky which if you're going by ranks should technically be a bit higher than last rank of previous prestige, I assume this continues all the way to max however I think the system would make more sense if it gradually increased throughout the prestiges as a whole instead of just each one separately. For example instead of increasing 30 seconds every rank it could increase by 3 and by the time you finish the last prestige you'd have around the same length as current max jailtime. However I doubt that alone would stop people saving up enough money to skip entire prestiges since there isn't enough reason to rank through them as there isn't rewards until you prestige again but that's an entirely different problem.
  7. Puppy_Killer

    Puppy_Killer Well-Known Member 2017 Map Founder MVP++

    Puppy_Killer
    Smuggler
    Im 90% sure that after you prestige your jail time stays at 8 minutes even if youre a prestige 1 junky its the same as max rank
  8. CodGlitchesHD

    CodGlitchesHD Member

    Yeah I mean I was just going off what I read in chat for that so I could defo be wrong. I would test it but I'm saving to go max in one go ;P
  9. GeneralFroggy

    GeneralFroggy New Member

    Yeah. Prestige Junkies don't get shorter jail time. It is the maximum of 8 minutes. Many people prestige to junky because it is fun to feel like you are just starting completely over, and you really don't get anything for ranking up until you prestige again.

    I don't think Bail should be reduced or 100%. You can always buy the Get out of Jail card from the prison. Although I use the lawyer a lot and often hate it for not working. I think it is a perfect where it is now. I don't think lowering the cost or increasing chance of getting out will help balance the game.
  10. CodGlitchesHD

    CodGlitchesHD Member

    Alright thanks for clearing that up but what is your reasoning behind not wanting 100% guarantee of the lawyer getting you out? RNG can be fun but I feel in this situation it just leaves you more frustrated than anything because you're not even chancing anything special just being able to resume selling your drugs.

    The get out of jail card is severely overpriced at 2.5m and that defo needs to be nerfed to something a bit more reasonable, I feel it should be maybe $150k for the card, 25k for a 25% chance to escape and maybe 50k for a 75% chance to escape. if it's still gonna be rng based. I just really don't see what being sat in jail afk adds to the server, I know it's meant as a punishment for getting caught but I believe losing all your drugs should be enough to push people to try and min-max how careful they are when selling. If anything I think it just incentivises waiting for no cops to be online before selling which imo makes it shit for the cops since a lot less potential profit and action going on. It also makes it a lot harder for non-cops if less people are selling at once because 5-6 people are in jail since that allows cops to sit at spawn and instantly focus the first people to leave oppose to everyone being scattered.

    parcheesi15 used a 2.5x 20 mins booster the other day and spent basically half that duration in jail, after that experience I assume he won't be using any boosters when cops are online anymore because why would you when you could just wait and have it a lot easier? He even used the lawyer cards and rng fucked him, sure he lost his inv which is a lot but not being able to sell for all that time cost him a lot more and he couldn't do anything about it despite spending extra money to try and escape. I just feel it causes unnecessary frustration because even losing 2-3 invs would feel better than being unable to potentially sell 10-14 and completely wasting your booster. Hope to hear more feedback about this.
  11. GeneralFroggy

    GeneralFroggy New Member

    Spalw or Dakota has addressed the price for the Get out of Jail card previously on the forums. The cards aren't design for a normal player, only for the elite few who can afford it.

    Since you bring up Parch, if Parch paid 2.5 million dollars during the booster, he probably would have still earned way more from he booster. The current lawyer system is a replication of what really goes on in real life. If you are arrested for distributing drugs, you can't just a lawyer and get all the charges dropped. The lawyer has a low chance of getting it dropped.

    I also think that the game has already been stacked against the cops. There are nearly unlimited ways of getting past cops, even without a horse.
  12. Dakotaa

    Dakotaa Owner Staff Member Owner

    The long times in jail for higher ranks are to incentivize the use of the mule system - if you are going to spend 8 minutes in jail if caught with drugs, you should instead get someone who will only spend 1 or 2 minutes in jail to sell the drugs for you.
  13. CvxZo

    CvxZo Member VIP

    That’s why I’m still smuggler :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page