Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Remove Player Frisk Immunity Upon Taking Mule Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inexity

New-joins have a two-hour immunity for being frisked upon joining. I am not saying remove the immunity entirely. What I am asking is that frisk immunity for newbies be removed, as it can be exploited by rich mule-posters.

The reason for this is simple: Players can take mule jobs as soon as they reach the "Mule" rank on the server. Combine this with the fact that ranking to mule is as easy as selling an inventory at the communal, voting, etc, and you have roughly 2 whole hours of uninterrupted muling with just one person. Having this creates issues, as those posting the mule jobs can take advantage of the immunity fresh joins possess, allowing for an non-frisk-able mule for the duration the player has immunity.

Make it so players who take any sort of mule jobs lose their immunity, stopping this from being abused any further. Add a warning to players that if they take mule jobs, they can be frisked.

I feel it is unfair that druggies can just exploit new players to sell their drugs 100% safe without penalty on their end, besides the obvious cut.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Alright, the noobs only have 1 hour of protection and for them to learn the selling routes they really need it. Without this 1 hour, they would not gain the experience required to have an enjoyable time on the server and therefore would not continue to play.

Inexity

Alright, the noobs only have 1 hour of protection and for them to learn the selling routes they really need it. Without this 1 hour, they would not gain the experience required to have an enjoyable time on the server and therefore would not continue to play.

Like I am saying, do not remove immunity in its entirety, only if they take mule jobs.

(Immunity is 2 hours, not 1.)

They still would be able to sell with immunity, especially drugs farmed from the communal farm at spawn. Ergo, experience is not lost.

Also, while we're here, I would like to take the opportunity to ask if players are told they have immunity in warp tutorial, or in any other form?

Last edited:

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
But new players need the cash to start off and doing mule jobs is one of the best ways of making money for a new player. As they don't have the funds to create a base or farm.

Inexity

But new players need the cash to start off and doing mule jobs is one of the best ways of making money for a new player. As they don't have the funds to create a base or farm.

That's why the communal farm exists. If they sell at normal dealer, the money is quite adequate to start them off strong, should they utilize 2 hr immunity and sell.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I honestly don't see why you have such an issue with new players who rarely even know about the "mule job" system having 2 hours immunity, I have been a cop before and rarely ran into people with noobie prot and it didn't bother me it seems you are the only cop who has a strong problem with this

Inexity

I honestly don't see why you have such an issue with new players who rarely even know about the "mule job" system having 2 hours immunity, I have been a cop before and rarely ran into people with noobie prot and it didn't bother me it seems you are the only cop who has a strong problem with this

I feel like I need to reiterate that they will keep their immunity unless they take up mule jobs. Again, this is to prevent abuse as higher ranked players can ask fresh mules to run their drugs completely safe for them. Of course, the process can be repeated once that mule's 2 hour period runs out, as new spawns join the server quite frequent. You should see why it's an issue if people can have others constantly run drugs for them at zero risk.

Tzunami_

This abuse doesn't happen very often because it is hard to find people who have the newbie protection that will mule any significant amount of drugs. In order to be in that position they must have gotten the money to rank up, understand the spawn map and where the dealer is, be wanting to take mule jobs, and have mule jobs available at the time to take. Very few players will actually do this, just getting to know the basics of the server and finding the dealer take a while. Even if they do start muling, it's likely there won't be much left on their timer and is overall insignificant.

That being said, two nights ago I had someone mule about 10 dubs of drugs for me on noobie protection. The cops were complaining and after his timer ran out he didn't successfully mule a single inventory, making it clear he was just making it using the protection. These cases are few and far between. Also, there is no real way for people who put the jobs up to actively persue someone with that protection because there are so many junkies and we don't know who has the protection and who doesn't. If we get someone with noobie protection it's just a stroke of good luck. All in all, I think this is a pretty small issue.

On a side note: do you have your chat turned off in game Inexity? You never respond to my messages.

Inexity

This abuse doesn't happen very often because it is hard to find people who have the newbie protection that will mule any significant amount of drugs. In order to be in that position they must have gotten the money to rank up, understand the spawn map and where the dealer is, be wanting to take mule jobs, and have mule jobs available at the time to take. Very few players will actually do this, just getting to know the basics of the server and finding the dealer take a while. Even if they do start muling, it's likely there won't be much left on their timer and is overall insignificant.

That being said, two nights ago I had someone mule about 10 dubs of drugs for me on noobie protection. The cops were complaining and after his timer ran out he didn't successfully mule a single inventory, making it clear he was just making it using the protection. These cases are few and far between. Also, there is no real way for people who put the jobs up to actively persue someone with that protection because there are so many junkies and we don't know who has the protection and who doesn't. If we get someone with noobie protection it's just a stroke of good luck. All in all, I think this is a pretty small issue.

On a side note: do you have your chat turned off in game Inexity? You never respond to my messages.

"This abuse doesn't happen very often because it is hard to find people who have the newbie protection that will mule any significant amount of drugs."

It isn't very hard to advert mule jobs and tell who joined recently they can mule. With the two hour time, and the new joins, there are plenty of players who someone can ask to mule with immunity.

"In order to be in that position they must have gotten the money to rank up, understand the spawn map and where the dealer is, be wanting to take mule jobs, and have mule jobs available at the time to take"

Just sell an inventory of sugar at the communal or vote twice and they have the money to get the rank. Because of the redstone trail at spawn, it's very easy to get to dealer. If they aren't taking mule jobs, it's likely they will notice either the advert, or have a player directly message them asking to take their jobs, and informing them what to do. Mule jobs are plentiful with how many people constantly put them up. One player in particular puts anywhere from 200+ a day.

"That being said, two nights ago I had someone mule about 10 dubs of drugs for me on noobie protection. The cops were complaining and after his timer ran out he didn't successfully mule a single inventory, making it clear he was just making it using the protection."

Cops should have a right to complain if druggies are able to move someone else's drugs with no risk. Less people will sell themselves if they know abusing early joins is easy and effective. Fine if their own drugs are being sold, as the communal exists. In my opinion, players should be encouraged to use the communal asap, so they can learn drug routes safely during that 2 hour period.

"These cases are few and far between."

Going to disagree with you here; I've experienced 5 players myself in the past two days who were muling inventories of drugs with immunity.

"Also, there is no real way for people who put the jobs up to actively persue someone with that protection because there are so many junkies and we don't know who has the protection and who doesn't"

Paying attention to chat will let you know who has just joined. /ot get also exists. Now you know who has protection and who doesn't, since anyone over 2 hours is no good.

"If we get someone with noobie protection it's just a stroke of good luck. All in all, I think this is a pretty small issue."

Dare I say checking /ot is not a stroke of good luck. You can be fully aware of who has protection or does not at any time. It's not a small issue if higher players can sell drugs freely.

Let's pretend I agree with you. It's a small issue. For the new players. After all, the communal farm exists. Why should they need to mule if there's no risk involved? That doesn't teach them anything. It'd be better if they could be frisked and learn from trial-and-error.

Tzunami_

I'll respond to the two main arguments you bring up.

1.) Yes, ik it is very easy for a new player to start muling. Theoretically they could just vote, rankup, and start. You need to understand that you have many hours on this server and understand how it works, new players do not. Drug servers are not very popular on minecraft, and no other server has the muling mechanic. It takes players a while to read through the tutorial and start understanding things. Even though some may jump straight into it, most new players will not interact with the muling mechanic in their first hour of playing.

2.) Maybe I am completely out of the loop, but I have never heard of anyone who mules any significant amount of drugs going through and /ot every player to find new players to mule their drugs, it isn't worth it. Most of the time, when we put things up for mule we don't have a choice in who takes it because people auto take the job. No one is putting in the effort to seek out newbies and explain to them the system so they can mule for them.

I don't believe this is a huge issue. I see people complain about it less than once a day. Considering how many new players join, that really isn't much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online