• No

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Dest

Mod
Staff member
I would be surprised to find out that lava pits make people feel safer; lava pits are a backup plan if you hate the person you're fighting and want to burn the set. I don't see how they'd encourage more pvp.
I shouldn’t have used “safer” but it does encourage pvp, as some people don’t want to lose sets to the players they’re fighting. Yes it is a backup plan it would encourage to actually try and contest pit due to having more options.

parcheesi15

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
When I use the lava pit it has nothing to do with my set. It is purely for the boss souls. If I have the time, I purposely throw the souls into the lava before I die to guarantee someone else doesn't get them. I'd be way more willing to go and pvp in the chasm if the souls that I earned were protected, I could care less about armor, swords, bows, etc.

Edit: This isn't to say Dakotaa is wrong for taking out the lava in the pit. I'm just clarifying why the lava was being used personally and how it affected whether I do or don't go into the chasm.

Last edited:

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
I feel like it is short-sighted to try to encourage pvp by allowing people to burn their sets if they lose. I think pvp should be made rewarding for the victor.

parcheesi15

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
I feel like it is short-sighted to try to encourage pvp by allowing people to burn their sets if they lose. I think pvp should be made rewarding for the victor.
I agree with you on the victor being rewarded. I suppose my best course of action would be to create a separate post suggesting a way to “vault” boss souls/fragments while still maintaining the chance of dying and losing your gear in pvp. Do you think think that is a somewhat decent compromise, p0hsix?

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
I agree with you on the victor being rewarded. I suppose my best course of action would be to create a separate post suggesting a way to “vault” boss souls/fragments while still maintaining the chance of dying and losing your gear in pvp. Do you think think that is a somewhat decent compromise, p0hsix?
Boss souls are worth around 80k each, while a p4 set with full enchants is worth ~30k. If player X has farmed 20 boss souls and pvs them before I kill him, but I still get the p4 sharp 5 set, I've reduced my profit from 100% to ~1.8%. This compromise takes away the vast majority of reward for killing people in chasm, and the vast majority of risk. If a further compromise were to be made, it would be to allow some portion of boss souls to be pv'ed, and some portion not to, which would just start becoming very complicated. I think it just makes more sense to have people lose what they've farmed in the chasm when they die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.