Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Return MCMMO to PVP

Should we return mcmmo to pvp?

• Total voters

SirLawrenceIV

its come to my attention that mcmmo effects have been disabled during pvp. As I was obviously incredibly surprised about this, I asked some members about why this is, and they informed me that it was because some newbs complained to the owners about how they think mcmmo it too overpowered. I think this should be reversed. Now although I respect the decisions of the owners desiring to please everyone in the community, I think this is a mistake.

Mcmmo is one of the foundational aspects of factions, pvp, and online servers in general. It makes the game more fun and interesting. Getting to choose between swords, bows, axes, unarmed, acrobatics, taming even. All of which have their own unique pros and cons.

Now the idea that mcmmo pvp is overpowered sounds like a biased argument. Because I'm assuming that the reason people think its overpowered is because they only have 250 lvls in swords while someone else has 1000 lvls in swords, And they think its not fair because they die faster, But the problem is that those players worked hard to get those levels, they spent time in the pit instead of farming. They spent points on those weapon classes instead of herbalism. Just because someone else has better skills than you BECAUSE THEY SPENT HOURS AND HOURS LONGER THAN YOU ON THE GAME to EARN it doesn't make it unfair or overpowered. You can use the same argument to say that horses for cops are unfair because they're way faster and more maneuverable than you. But they paid a lot of money for it. You can say that herbalism is overpowered because they can plant faster and grow more than you. But they worked for it. I think that catering to a class of members that either don't have the time or are frankly too lazy to put in the work to get their mcmmo levels up is ridiculous. Those players should have to choose what they put their time into or where they invest their time on the game. So I think that this critical portion of FACTIONS AND PVP should be returned to its previous state. I hope you all would consider this and cast your vote so we can get back to the BETTER version of pvp.

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
Pretty much anyone who pvps would see this is a horrible suggestion. Let's go through a list of awful products of MCMMO to pvp.

1. Bows
The "daze" effect on bows allows people to A: deal double damage, allowing for bows with power 6 to kill in 2 shots through p4. This might be manageable, if it wasn't also true that the daze effect blinds you for 5 seconds and shoots your vision up. Additionally, KB2 bows allow people to sit on top of highground in areas like the pit and spam bows without any counterplay.

2. Sword ticks
sword ticks in combat actually have little to no effect on the actual combat, whatsoever. What do they do then? They tick you for .1 damage every second, preventing combos from functioning properly and granting annoying periods of invulnerability, and interrupting jumps. What a horrible mechanic

3. Acrobatics
Acrobatics allows for a 20% RNG dodge chance that effectively multiplies a player's survivability by 5/4. This means that a player without acrobatics will have to do 200 hits to kill in comparison to 160 hits on a player with acrobatics. This is horribly balanced for new players, and just makes absolutely no sense at the top level because all it does is power creep on survivability.

These are only 3 examples of horrible effects of mcmmo that justify their removal from combat.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Pretty much anyone who pvps would see this is a horrible suggestion. Let's go through a list of awful products of MCMMO to pvp.

1. Bows
The "daze" effect on bows allows people to A: deal double damage, allowing for bows with power 6 to kill in 2 shots through p4. This might be manageable, if it wasn't also true that the daze effect blinds you for 5 seconds and shoots your vision up. Additionally, KB2 bows allow people to sit on top of highground in areas like the pit and spam bows without any counterplay.

2. Sword ticks
sword ticks in combat actually have little to no effect on the actual combat, whatsoever. What do they do then? They tick you for .1 damage every second, preventing combos from functioning properly and granting annoying periods of invulnerability, and interrupting jumps. What a horrible mechanic

3. Acrobatics
Acrobatics allows for a 20% RNG dodge chance that effectively multiplies a player's survivability by 5/4. This means that a player without acrobatics will have to do 200 hits to kill in comparison to 160 hits on a player with acrobatics. This is horribly balanced for new players, and just makes absolutely no sense at the top level because all it does is power creep on survivability.

These are only 3 examples of horrible effects of mcmmo that justify their removal from combat.
Well said, thanks for responding so all of us don't have to type out the fat paragraphs ;)

MrFragtastic

"Mcmmo is one of the foundational aspects of factions, pvp, and online servers in general."

-Yes and no. Though used on most factions servers, it is almost always heavily nerfed via the config file. The configuration used is either a product of 100's of hours of testing, a lot of prior experience with the plug-in and all of its features, buying a premium(usually expensive) preset configs, or any mix of the 3. I've never seen any server, where PvP is enabled, that used Default or higher settings like what were used on MC Drugs until recently. Combat features usually are disabled entirely, or all but the serrated strike/skull splitter abilities. Those two are debatable (if Bleed is disabled) due to them being useful for players that are getting 2+vs.1 in a fight. They can offer at least a slightly better chance of surviving or escaping such a scenario, but can be exploited as well. When enabled on servers, combat skills are limited to only being effective against mobs like they are on this server now. The effects that the combat skills inflict on the receiving end are like an easy-mode switch for the attacker. The insane level of RNG introduced by them makes even fights where two players are equally leveled a dice roll not a fight. Its named MCMMO because it adds a WoW or Elder Scrolls like MMO class structure that isn't compatible with this game's combat system in a multiplayer PvP gamemode. To any player that would argue against that, let me ask you this: Do you want every fight you win to just be all luck or the result of a drastic imbalance in your favor making you look like an ignorant small brained braggart when you try to shit talk in chat post win?..

..."this critical portion of FACTIONS AND PVP should be returned"

-No. Balance and new player retention far exceed this portion of features in importance.

..."the idea that mcmmo pvp is overpowered sounds like a biased argument"

-Only to someone who is already at high or maxed level making this point...o_O...biased...

..."those players worked hard to get those levels, they spent time in the pit instead of farming. They spent points on those weapon classes"
..."Just because someone else has better skills than you BECAUSE THEY SPENT HOURS AND HOURS LONGER THAN YOU ON THE GAME to EARN it doesn't make it unfair or overpowered"

-To my knowledge MCMMO credits are only able to be obtained through voting or as a random reward from vote crates and rare event prizes rewarding them maybe. There may be other ways but those are the only ways that I recall. That means votes and the tokens received from voting are the only currency that can be used to obtain them directly (I'll get to indirectly soon) so leveling with them alone is heavily throttled by the restriction to the amount of votes/day/player making it a slow but effortless means of leveling. The other method to directly obtain them is mob kills but this is only possible when killing naturally spawned mobs (unless this was changed) and from experience I know that this would require spending all your playtime swimming all world's oceans farming drowned or keeping chunks with darkrooms loaded and killing what little spawns. Wild spawn rates at least from what i've seen are low as fuck, and you ain't getting nowhere near MCTOP that way. The pit could get you there but if you do this via buying most of the required pit time yourself then you just P2W'ed it. Lets be honest, the only way you are going to legit obtain level 1000 in anything combat related (sans wallet warrior) is indirectly by buying vote tokens, buying levels, finding token stashes in raids, and tokens from afking and amassing vote party tokens. None of these constitutes being rewarded with Godmode. I don't care how you got the money to buy the levels, you can't be allowed to obtain such a steep advantage over other players in the game or the game will lose all integrity. Put your credits in other skills that aren't going to effect the game/server so negatively.Just because I'm old doesn't I've earned an advantage over likely everybody younger than me on the server does it? No. It just means I've managed to not die for longer than you have. I deserve nothing for just existing in a place for a length time. Well maybe a little pity ;D...but nothing that makes me defacto winner.

..." I think that catering to a class of members that"

-Hold up! ..."catering to a class of members"
..."to a class of"
..."CLASS OF MEMBERS"

-Class?!?! Fuck you bitch. I got some class for you right here you little entitled fucktard ..l.

It's obvious you think the administration should only do what pleases you and who you've designated as your "class" for some reason only known in your sad small brain. The only way for it to be fair is if everyone was given a one time lump payment of credits to use as they "choose" and never get anymore then it would be based on their "decision" of where to "invest". Its not based on anyone's work ethic or amount of time they can manage to play you idiot, it's about them never being able to earn a level playing field with some holy-er-than-thou lifeless moron that can't even argue for a point without outing themselves as conceited fool. I wish I'd not have started this reply before reading through and typed it as I saw points I felt notable cause its a waste of time I'll never get back. Careful with your opinion that you can designate class based on certain aspects. You obviously aren't aware enough to do it safely. You whiny prick. Bet your mom is a bitch.

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
Well said, thanks for responding so all of us don't have to type out the fat paragraphs ;)
I wasn't sure if I needed your help as a pvp tournament loser but I decided to go through with it regardless

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.