Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

News The State of Bans on MCDrugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hello everyone,

We have made some policy changes to our overarching ban policy and would like to communicate them to you all as best as possible.

Firstly, the changes in a nutshell:

• All hacked client bans are 7 days for first offense and any subsequent second offense will result in a permanent ban.
  • Speciality Mods ie. Auto Fishers, Auto Clickers or other mods which are against the rules but are not typically part of a hacked client (So we therefore cannot assume you have one) will result in an initial 3 day ban (This is more of a guideline than a policy, it will be up to the admin at the time and pending review. Meaning these bans can also be 7 days for first offense). If the player has a previous history with hacked clients, these mods will result in a permanent ban also.
  • Farm Hacks (Mods which are specifically made for MCDrugs or similar servers which allow you to automatically farm) will result in a blacklist or permanent ban from this point forward.

Our rationale for these changes is the following;

We want the server to be fair for all players, and we understand that many of our veteran players were caught hacking when they didn't take the server seriously. This is why we have always given second, third and sometimes fourth chances to players for hacking. We have historically had one of the most forgiving hacking policies across any similar Factions or Drug server. Upon analysis and discussion, we decided that we no longer believe that a third or fourth chance is reasonable, and therefore will no longer be giving them. We still believe in giving players a chance, but will no longer tolerate players returning with cheats once given a second chance.

Secondly, our bans policy was too clouded in the terms of "Different" types of hacks. We had different offense counters for both X-Ray and PvP hacks - however, it's extremely uncommon for someone with PvP Hacks to not be using a complex hacked client, which almost certainly has X-Ray and other banned cheats. We have therefore entirely abolished seperate offense counters and will be issuing bans on a single counter for all hacking offenses.

We appreciate everyone who has ever contacted us to report players and provided us with evidence, and also those who have come back from their first ban with a new appreciation for the server and it's community, we strive to offer a fair and level playing field for everyone to Grow, Sell, Excel.

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
I just want to give a big thanks for this change in mindset. I know I can't really speak for this map because I haven't been active during it, but I have been on the server for at least part of six maps now and I have had both personal experiences with multiple hackers that came back after multiple still hacking, as well as seeing it happen time and time again to other players.

I think in every survey related to the server I have added feedback that a more severe policy should be introduced and I know it was listened to when ban lengths went from 3 to 7 days. But this new policy is truly great. I do believe in second chances, hell I would not be playing if I was not given one back in 2017 (different situation but still breaking server rule)
but it has always annoyed me to see repeated hackers due to the leniency involved.

MCD has been my favorite server for years, and I'm grateful that its still improving (in my view) to this day.

Last edited:

SlimShady_69

VIP+
Meaning these bans can also be 7 days for first offense). If the player has a previous history with hacked clients, these mods will result in a permanent ban also.
when you say this, does the "history" go back one or multiple maps? Are you saying if I use an illegal mod this map, for example(I could list others in the same situation)then I could expect to be permed?

we understand that many of our veteran players were caught hacking when they didn't take the server seriously. This is why we have always given second, third and sometimes fourth chances to players for hacking. We have historically had one of the most forgiving hacking policies across any similar Factions or Drug server. Upon analysis and discussion, we decided that we no longer believe that a third or fourth chance is reasonable, and therefore will no longer be giving them. We still believe in giving players a chance, but will no longer tolerate players returning with cheats once given a second chance.
I'm not sure i agree with this. One of the better parts of this server is you gave dedicated players room for when they fucked up because our community is rather small. I for one by these rules should have been permed like 2 maps ago, but because of the way the rules were setup I am now one of the more active and dedicated players on the server. Yes some veterans were simply abusing or not learning their lesson with punishments such as vzl sky craig etc, but to be fair they objectively brought a lot into the server as well, and new players don't seem to be filling the gap.

Also, can you clear out punishments for things such as exploiting, withholding information from staff and duping(exploiting essentially)? i assume that the ban length on exploits is dependent on the crime but I noticed that players like patrickmann99 and Amuk were blacklisted when they were found duping creeper spawners, I know from the past that duping could have been anywhere from a 6month(if they lobbied their case)to a perm, but now we're blacklisting players for it? I do think duping is a bigger crime than xray but I don't think a player should never be able to play this server again because they duped once unless there were more conditions tied in with it or they fought the staff and tried to hide it vehemently.

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
when you say this, does the "history" go back one or multiple maps? Are you saying if I use an illegal mod this map, for example(I could list others in the same situation)then I could expect to be permed?

I'm not sure i agree with this. One of the better parts of this server is you gave dedicated players room for when they fucked up because our community is rather small. I for one by these rules should have been permed like 2 maps ago, but because of the way the rules were setup I am now one of the more active and dedicated players on the server. Yes some veterans were simply abusing or not learning their lesson with punishments such as vzl sky craig etc, but to be fair they objectively brought a lot into the server as well, and new players don't seem to be filling the gap.

Also, can you clear out punishments for things such as exploiting, withholding information from staff and duping(exploiting essentially)? i assume that the ban length on exploits is dependent on the crime but I noticed that players like patrickmann99 and Amuk were blacklisted when they were found duping creeper spawners, I know from the past that duping could have been anywhere from a 6month(if they lobbied their case)to a perm, but now we're blacklisting players for it? I do think duping is a bigger crime than xray but I don't think a player should never be able to play this server again because they duped once unless there were more conditions tied in with it or they fought the staff and tried to hide it vehemently.

Firstly, duping has always been a blacklist ban ever since we had created the idea of our blacklist. Duping can destroy the servers economy, causing us extreme amounts of work to fix. If you genuinely believe that players who duped donator items should be allowed to come back, then the only possible reason is because you want to in some way benefit from it.

Individual maps are all we count. We consider that any offence worthy of a perm ban is possible to forgive after a map reset - and if it’s not, the player would have already been blacklisted.

I’m afraid that we simply don’t agree that players who had been given multiple chances like VZL, Sky & Craig brought more good to the server than bad. The rules are there to keep it fair for both the next Junky that joins and the largest faction owner on the server.

Just don’t cheat, and there will never be an issue. We’re extrmely confident in the rate at which we issue incorrect bans, and are therefore able to properly exercise a policy like this. The rules are not in any way ambiguous, the /rules is extremely clear and specific, there are no excuses any more. We are still giving players a second chance, but that’s all, anymore.

Everything else you have said, I believe I touched on in my post. This was a joint staff decision, you don’t seem to raise anything I hadn’t already addressed other than just disagreeing with it, so there isn’t much I can constructively add.

SlimShady_69

VIP+
Firstly, duping has always been a blacklist ban ever since we had created the idea of our blacklist. Duping can destroy the servers economy, causing us extreme amounts of work to fix.
https://mc-drugs.com/threads/ban-appeal-red_knife.5204/#post-20028
he was only permed for duping, but he also was duping rails and not things like creeper spawners which could have like you said broken the economy and taken extreme amounts of work to fix. I guess it was a bit of a stupid question on whether a blacklist is a perm or not since it seems obvious.

I’m afraid that we simply don’t agree that players who had been given multiple chances like VZL, Sky & Craig brought more good to the server than bad
maybe i don't understand the severity of their offenses(honestly can't remember what they were blacklisted for) and im not exactly saying these players always had a positive impact, but they did have an impact on the server nonetheless. Sky ran vanguard for a long time which was always a semi large faction, and craig was a druglord for at least 2 maps(i think?)and they did add to the server in that way. honestly I'd need more context on their history since i knew both of these players but I didn't know why they were blacklisted for, other than sky was a toxic cunt torwards players and staff half the time, and vzl withheld information from staff, but I'll take your word for it when you say they had a negative impact overall since you obviously know better than me. I more or less meant to use them as examples of more or less dedicated players who fucked up, I wasn't lobbying for them to get unbanned.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
https://mc-drugs.com/threads/ban-appeal-red_knife.5204/#post-20028
he was only permed for duping, but he also was duping rails and not things like creeper spawners which could have like you said broken the economy and taken extreme amounts of work to fix. I guess it was a bit of a stupid question on whether a blacklist is a perm or not since it seems obvious.

maybe i don't understand the severity of their offenses(honestly can't remember what they were blacklisted for) and im not exactly saying these players always had a positive impact, but they did have an impact on the server nonetheless. Sky ran vanguard for a long time which was always a semi large faction, and craig was a druglord for at least 2 maps(i think?)and they did add to the server in that way. honestly I'd need more context on their history since i knew both of these players but I didn't know why they were blacklisted for, other than sky was a toxic cunt torwards players and staff half the time, and vzl withheld information from staff, but I'll take your word for it when you say they had a negative impact overall since you obviously know better than me. I more or less meant to use them as examples of more or less dedicated players who fucked up, I wasn't lobbying for them to get unbanned.
To quickly clarify, that ban had more to do with the player himself and his attitude than the actual items being duped. A vanilla exploit to duplicate an almost entirely worthless item isn't comparable in any way to duplicating spawners or donator items - that is what I meant by all duping bans were blacklist, this is the only situation to the contrary.

A blacklist ban is a ban which is not lifted upon a map reset, and cannot be appealed. Permenant bans are removed on map reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.