Denied waterskichamp's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterskichamp

In Game Name : waterskichamp
Length of Ban : 2 days 13 hours 49 minutes
Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : minecraft temp ban
Staff who banned you : GotEdit
Staff who dealt with you : I guess GotEdit, I was banned while I slept last night
Staff who have warned you previously : no one
Reason for ban on record : KillAura. Do not use hacks a gainst a staff member :)
Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : GotEdit believed that I was using Kill Aura (actually I Believe he was frustrated that I got away without PvPLogging and decided I needed a ban)
Why what is your explanation of this reason? : If GotEdit thought I was using KillAura, he had mutiple opportunities to ban me mid fight. But he, didnt he took haven on top of a building called in his friends and then it was a 2v1. I have no hacks, no kill aura, no aimbots, no anything. I have Vanilla Minecraft, but I have PvPed against some of the best on minecraft and Im good at it. That is not a reason to ban me. If GotEdit paid the slightest bit of attention to what I was looking for he'd realize I was not using any KillAura or fighting supplement. I hit who I was aiming at. All the swings I made were within reasonable time of each other(as fast as i could click) and I never hit him and Bob at the same time. I wasnt swinging at him unless I know I could hit him. When Bob came I somehow lost my sword after a few minutes and ran for saftey, when i got away i was able to leave the game without logging. I knew this would make GotEdit mad and I actually assumed I would have had a small ban that night. But for leaving combat. Not hacking.
Why should we unban you : Because I didnt do a damn thing wrong, and I was banned unjustly by a biased staff member. This is staff abuse, if he thought I was hacking he should have waited cooled off from PvP, reviewed the facts, and made a decision. This ban occured at 2:55 Am which is conveniently less than 5 minutes after I got off.
What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? : I will Kill GotEdit instead of running away.
How can we trust you again? : The real question is How can I as a player, and you as Admins trust GotEdit again?
What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? : I apologize as this comes off as aggressive, but imagine how you'd feel if you got banned or in trouble for something you didnt even do. This is bullshit, and its abuse. And that's ashame because this is a good server.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
You jumped in to the prison via the back entrance, as soon as you hit me a few times I could see that you were locking on to my character which made me suspicous. I kept on shooting you with my bow to keep you down there, however, you managed to get up the stairs and from where you dropped off at. When you were climbing up the stairs, you were looking forward and as soon as I got close and went behind you, you locked straight onto my character once again.

We fought for a few more minutes until we got to the ladder at the back of the prison drug selling area. I asked BobTheWolf to come behind you to see if you'd lock onto him, which you did. Obviously, you noticed that you were locking between me and Bob so you turned off the killaura. We chased you around to the back of the prison when you pvp logged. I gave you 30 minutes before I dealt the ban to rejoin and hav a talk with you, you did not join back.

GotEdit believed that I was using Kill Aura (actually I Believe he was frustrated that I got away without PvPLogging and decided I needed a ban)

I do not get frustrated by pvping people nor would I risk my staff rank by abusing.

My admin, @damian_2010 will leave the final judgement.

Thanks,
Edit.

Last edited:

waterskichamp

Thanks for responding, and to clarify I do not wish to take this to a negative place. But I am frustrated, as I was not using hacks. I did not lock onto your character. My mouse and my hand are able to move around. Thats how I can aim where I want. How would I hit you if I wasnt aiming at you? Besides Last time I checked killaura just swings at everything, aimbot is what tracks people. But I do not use nor have either. You and I both know you called Bob in as backup so you would not lose. And you have no proof of me hacking aside from your account and anything you make Bob say. At this point its he said she said, and its gone on long enough. I've been on this server nonstop for nearly 2 weeks, and this is the first "trouble" I've caused. Unless you can provide substantial evidence aside from your personal account, I do not believe that you have enough to ban me. I can provide more evidence such as screenshots of my game with no hacked client on it in addition to me saying I didnt do it. Unless you have video proof of me hacking, which I know you dont (besides any video proof would only confirm I was not hacking.) then this ban deserves to be lifted.

PS Im a LEM in CSGO, so as I "track" its a skill I developed from Counterstike tracking corners and players. @GotEdit

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello!

What we run here is a Minecraft server. There (often) aren't real crimes committed that can actually impact your life in a real way. The only thing we do, if prevent you from playing on our private property.

Our mods (Much like every other server) are free to ban hackers they find, in situations like these there is often little to no way to provide solid evidence. If there was, cheaters would be easier to detect. There is absolutely nothing that you as a player can provide us to sway the doubt, other than a live recording of the actual moment with the game in windowed mode(Which happens 1:1000 times). In this environment, we often have to use our discretion and many years of experience to moderate our server to keep it clean for everyone else. It's for this reason, and this reason only that we have ban appeals, because it is often that we cannot be completely certain. However, the hacking must be evident beyond a reasonable doubt from the staff members point of view.

Please read this, the staff team does not need to get video proof for every player I catch that are using hacks.

@waterskichamp

Last edited:

waterskichamp

I apologize for being an asshole GotEdit, but to be fair.. If I was hacking I would accept a three day ban. But the most frustrating part is that I literally was not hacking. I had no aimbot, no player tracking software, no kill aura, nothing. I track players with my hand and my mouse, I click my right pointer finger as fast as I can and I use my right middle finger to shield. I jump around. I look where I want to go, and I look at who Im hitting. I honestly dont know why Im even appealing because this probably wont do anything but Im asking you to think about it again. Did I ever switch between you and BobTheWolf with a degree of 180 or more? No. Did I ever hit you and wolf at the same time? No. Aside from that I dont know what to say other than I wasnt hacking, and Ill start recording my PvP. Thanks Anyways, waterskichamp

damian_2010

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hi there,

Sorry for my late response. I have been busy in real life, and had little time to deal with this.

However, I am denying this ban appeal after hearing Bob, Edits and reading your story. I would have acted the same way Edit did and I think this ban is completely justified.

Again, sorry for the long wait. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.