A change to the Helper rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
First of all, yes, I am writing this because I applied for helper and don't want to lose my cool tag. Nevertheless, the reasoning for this proposed change is still a valid one.

I think I speak for the majority of players when I say that the status of Helper does not command very much respect in chat. This is great for newer players, because helper is certainly better than a low drug rank tag, however for higher ranked players it is vastly different. With the removal of your drug tag, ranking up becomes pointless because you have given up the respect in chat you get from being a higher rank such as druglord, rasta or a prestiged rank.

Since Helper is a rank that is staff, but not really a high leveled staff rank (not to diss helper, but it is true since it is an entry level position), I propose that players keep their drug rank, but have an [H] tag residing between their faction tag and drug/cop rank. This will give players in chat both the information that the player is staff and their drug rank. A simple sign in warp tutorial reading something in the nature of "Players in chat with an [H] in their tag are helpers! They can punish you for breaking the rules, so mind them attentively!" is all that would be needed to let players know of this change. I believe that this would give helpers a reason to continue to play the server until they get to a more serious staff rank (trial mod), at which point they could take that tag and the respect that goes with it, and continue their successful journey to becoming a highly ranked staff member.

This all being said, I recall a previous conversation with a high ranked staff member who told me that the owners didn't want multiple tags in chat. While I agree completely that multiple tags in chat are hideous, I think that this is an exception since it is such a small tag being added. That is my opinion. Thank you for considering this.
-Harbey

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I think it is important that this is discussed, however the purpose of helpers has changed a lot over the past year - and this is incredibly important as to how we think about this.

I don't really have that much to say, other than at this point I think that the chat isn't like it used to be - which is something that the majority of players seem to have found an improvement whether or not I agree isn't something that needs to be discussed anymore. It's due to this, that I think we can afford to think about modifying the tag of helpers and consider alternatives that increase the "normality" of helpers to prevent some of the issues we currently have.

I'm going to speak to some people over the coming days about this issue, as I feel a few might have some interesting solutions and opinions.

Thanks very much for this suggestion,
I'm sure it will strike up some interesting conversation.

Thanks,
Spalw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online