In-Game Name: kSoren

Reason for ban Insiding

Length of ban: 5 days

Place of ban (e.g. in-game, Discord, etc.) In Game

Staff who banned you Parcheesi

Did any other staff deal with you before you were banned? Yes

Please specify their names Parch

Did you receive warnings prior to your ban? No

Why do you think you were banned? No clue because I did not inside.

What is your explanation for your actions? Why should you be unbanned? I was tp'd into panepans farm to prestige beetroots AFTER I had already left eden. I did not use any information I had gotten before, when I was still in Eden. Since I have already left the faction when I was tp'd this should not be an insiding situation. I did not try to hide the fact that I left eden in any way shape or form, Panepan can attest to that.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? Not raid people that have tp'd me to their base.

How can you ensure we can trust you again? Not really applicable here

What else would you like to say to the admins reveiwing your appeal? Nothing

50PercentOff

2023 Gold Founder
I would also like to say, I have screen shots from 12/03/2022, the day I supposedly set home in the base. Proving that I was not in eden.

50PercentOff

2023 Gold Founder
1674700472886.png

The date is clearly shown in the top corner.

parcheesi15

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
From multiple admins looking through logs and matching up times to actions, it was concluded that the access to the base was given based on being a member in Eden, Pane was farming chems for you in exchange for payment because of your position in the faction, access to the base had been previously provided on multiple occasions to you and other Eden members as a faction base that would not have been given otherwise. Since the fact, you knowingly gave the coordinates to another faction who came to the base, waited for storages to be filled, and then proceeded to raid the base while maintaining a home at the base since being tpd. The tp to the base was in fulfillment of a deal that was made while in the faction for the farming of chems in exchange for payment and this is why the home was able to be set. The conclusion of this agreement to be finished after leaving the faction is an extension of your Eden membership privileges as a faction member.

The biggest factor to note is the statement about the tp being given after you had left the faction, which the admins agree is correct as there is approximately a 6-hour discrepancy. This was considered heavily as the main pivot point as to whether or not the insiding rule applies as you were not a member at the time of the tp but had previously been given access based on your faction status. With the close proximity of the time, it was determined that a reduced sentence for the ban was suitable which is why it is 5 days rather than the 7-14 days in the rules.

The insiding rules are in place to prevent bases/items/knowledge from being shared, tampered with, or destroyed simply because of your membership in the faction. It was determined that you would not have been able to participate in these actions without your role in the faction which is why the ban was issued.

50PercentOff

2023 Gold Founder
I would like to say, When I left Eden I assumed that this deal with pane was off, I did not go to him after I left eden asking for the rest of the beetroots, HE came to me. I will show proof in the form of my chat logs.
1674709511760.png
1674709542882.png
1674709572962.png
1674709608183.png
1674709482681.png
Here are screenshots of all of my logs regarding this matter. It is also visible in one of the screenshots of me saying "I have to make a beet farm :(" Which is pretty obvious that I had zero intentions of finishing the deal with Panepan. and then he proceeded to come to me, asking how much progress I needed left, and even after I told him I left the faction, another hint signifying that the deal was off. He proceeded to say that its fine and is no biggie.

50PercentOff

2023 Gold Founder
I would also like to add, If I wanted the deal to continue, I simply would have left eden a day later than I initially did. My reasoning for leaving was not something that was severe, so me leaving could have very well waited. The deal with pane was over the second I left Eden, and it is as simple as that.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I would like to say, When I left Eden I assumed that this deal with pane was off, I did not go to him after I left eden asking for the rest of the beetroots, HE came to me. I will show proof in the form of my chat logs.

I'd say this is a very important factor in this case. If there was no verbal agreement/acknowledgement that the deal - which was initialized while you were both in the faction and therefore under protection of insiding rules - ended when you left the faction, then Pane could have very reasonably still been under the impression that the deal was still active and the base was protected under the insiding rules that protected the base until the deal was fully carried out.

You assumed that the deal was void, which I think was main error made in this situation. It would have been much more reasonable to confirm with Pane whether this was the case. Whether or not these kinds of agreements and deals are voided upon one of the parties leaving the faction is not something we've had to consider, and overruling the existing decision would create a precedent for these scenarios that could leaves some players and bases vulnerable.

Whether we want to set this precedent by accepting this appeal is currently beign discussed, and I will update you as soon as a decision has been made.

Last edited:

50PercentOff

2023 Gold Founder
I'd say this is a very important factor in this case. If there was no verbal agreement/acknowledgement that the deal - which was initialized while you were both in the faction and therefore under protection of insiding rules - ended when you left the faction, then Pane could have very reasonably still been under the impression that the deal was still active and the base was protected under the insiding rules that protected the base until the deal was fully carried out.

You assumed that the deal was void, which I think was main error made in this situation. It would have been much more reasonable to confirm with Pane whether this was the case. Whether or not these kinds of agreements and deals are voided upon one of the parties leaving the faction is not something we've had to consider, and overruling the existing decision would create a precedent for these scenarios that could leaves some players and bases vulnerable.

Whether we want to set this precedent by accepting this appeal is currently beign discussed, and I will update you as soon as a decision has been made.
Thank you, and I appreciate the depth this is being taken to.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Due to the uncertainty involved in this situation, and the fact that you seemed to have not had guilty intention based on your conversations with myself and other staff, I will be accepting this appeal.

This is not a decision that this situation was not insiding; rather, it's the decision that the insiding rules were not clear enough at the time to justify keeping you banned for what you did. The insiding rules regarding situations like this are still being discussed, and any appropriate changes to the insiding rules as a result will be released as soon as possible.

I have removed the money and lab revenue that you gained from selling the raided chems.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.