Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - _Dest

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Dest

Mod
Staff member
Member Name _Dest

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: _Dest

Length of Ban: Permanent [1 week this map, 2 weeks next map]

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Minecraft Temp Ban

Staff who banned you : jrd3044

Staff who dealt with you : Infamous, Lurnn, Ace & jrd

Staff who have warned you previously : Infamous and Lurnn

Reason for ban on record : Command Abuse / Block Glitching

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : Thought I was maliciously abusing my mod powers on kitpvp and block glitching in mcdrugs spawn.

What is your explanation of this reason? For the block glitching; the night before ace originally banned me for block glitching I was in a call with Giit, Lurnn and Mhow and they were block glitching to get up onto the bank's roof which I then followed and attempted to do it myself [Proof here: http://prntscr.com/s92x42]. since I watched a mod and 2 other players do it too so I thought it would have been okay to do and also when I was a mod earlier in the map, players were constantly doing it to find spots to afk in. When I was doing it to Ace I wasn't being malicious with it and thought I could have a joke with him because I was able to get to his barrier block thing in the sky, If I got a verbal warning from Ace when I was doing it to him I wouldn't have done it again but without a warning I assumed it was fine.

As for the command abuse; Me, Lurnn and Mhow were on kitpvp on the same night we glitched on top of the bank roof. Lurnn noticed I still had my mod on kitpvp and then proceed to tell me to test if I still had my perms because I don't think any of us at the time think I did, he told me to type /ban so I /tempban'd mhow for 2 second which he was completely willing to be banned for 2 seconds since he knew an admin would be able to fix the issue. Infamous came in after and sorted the issue out.

Why should we unban you? An over 3 week ban that carries on into the next map isn't justifiable since I didn't block glitch in a malicious manner and unaware it was a bannable offense since I witnessed a moderator do it the previous day and from previous experience I personally haven't seen anyone else get warned/punished for it in the past while I was active.

As for the command abuse that also wasn't in a malicious manner I was just doing what I was told testing my perms to see if I still had it on kitpvp.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I won't block glitch again as due to my ban I'm now well aware it isn't allowed.

As for the command abuse I no longer can do it as my perms were removed after I tested if I still had perms

How can we trust you again? I can't ban anyone again and I'll stop block glitching from now on.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case?

Last edited:

jrd3044

AsstToTheOwner
Staff member
AsstToTheOwner
After looking into your claims I find a few things troubling. First off, we have spoken to Lurnn before your appeal was even posted about the block glitching. When it was going on he immediately notified Infamous of what was happening. He is aware that he is not allowed to partake rule-breaking glitches/bugs. I want to make this clear Lurnn was not the one who started this, it was you according to admins who were on and dealt with you. You were staff at one point and we make it very clear what will happen if you abuse your commands, especially tempban/ban. After talking to mhow, infamous, and Lurnn all of their stories match and they contradict your claims. They state that Lurnn asked you to type /tempban and then hit enter as it would return the "you don't have permission" message. Lurnn was trying to see if you just had a bugged mod tag or full mod permissions, which was the right thing to do. At one point you even threatened to ban Lurnn for 2 seconds which caused Infamous to get on and handle the situation appropriately. Your behaviour over the past few days has been unacceptable and that's why your ban was extended into the next map. If you would like any of the screenshots I can gladly provide them.

_Dest

Mod
Staff member
After looking into your claims I find a few things troubling. First off, we have spoken to Lurnn before your appeal was even posted about the block glitching. When it was going on he immediately notified Infamous of what was happening. He is aware that he is not allowed to partake rule-breaking glitches/bugs. I want to make this clear Lurnn was not the one who started this, it was you according to admins who were on and dealt with you. You were staff at one point and we make it very clear what will happen if you abuse your commands, especially tempban/ban. After talking to mhow, infamous, and Lurnn all of their stories match and they contradict your claims. They state that Lurnn asked you to type /tempban and then hit enter as it would return the "you don't have permission" message. Lurnn was trying to see if you just had a bugged mod tag or full mod permissions, which was the right thing to do. At one point you even threatened to ban Lurnn for 2 seconds which caused Infamous to get on and handle the situation appropriately. Your behaviour over the past few days has been unacceptable and that's why your ban was extended into the next map. If you would like any of the screenshots I can gladly provide them.
As for the first thing about block glitching, the day I got banned I was doing it by myself, the night before that I got the idea from those 3 players that I mentioned in that screenshot. As for the command abuse he said /ban nothing else but I took it the wrong way and thought he meant ban someone, when I was staff I don’t think I ever just typed /ban so I personally didn’t think it would just work by itself. At the time I was completely unaware that is what he meant even when infamous joined our call and lurnn told me to type it a second time to make sure my perms were gone infamous did say “to be fair you did just tell him to type /ban you weren't specific”

for the threatening lurnn thing I was screensharing with lurnn, mhow and giit after I found out that I did in fact have perms I thought I’d joke around with him and have the command /tempban lurnn 2s cya typed out while he watched the screen share and was just having a laugh, I also wouldn’t have done anything I had plenty of time to actually type the command but my intent definitely was not to continue using my commands for pointless stuff like that.

I can understand the 7 day ban for the block glitching, I was doing it infront of an admin that was in plain view of other players even though I wasn’t aware it was bannable because like I said I got the whole idea from those 3 players the night before my actual block glitching ban that were block glitching on top of the bank. However the ban for me misunderstanding what a moderator told me to do which even an admin came into the call and said to lurnn “to be fair you did tell him to /ban you weren’t being specific” isn’t justifiable

InFamousAge

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP++
Reading your response I think its only appropriate I give my input. Firstly about the block glitching that was something Ace decided to ban you for and whilst I knew about it I completely know and understand why Ace banned you. The fact as a 'joke' you were showing other players o the server and also telling them it was a mod is completely unacceptable and in my eyes that justifies the ban length on its own.

The issue with you banning Mhow is not only the misuse of perms you aren't supposed to have, it also sends a server-wide message, meaning not only new players but to all players on the server it comes across as a moderator fucking about with ban this reflects poorly on the staff team and even more so when its permissions you aren't supposed to have. You absolutely where told to just type /ban and Lurnn made it clear to not ban Mhow. Your reason for doing it when I spoke to you was 'it's only 2 seconds he doesn't mind'. You going to ban Lurnn may of been a joke however you absolutely would of banned him if your permissions had not been removed. You messaging me to say ' im gonna ban lurnn for 2 seconds hope ur fine with that' is no way you asking if you're allowed to try it, that is very clearly you saying you're going to do something and you hope i'm okay with what you're doing.

There was no miscommunication between Lurnn to you he directly told you to stop typing out the ban for Mhow and you went ahead with it anyway. Not only this once you got banned for block glitching you where pushing for your faction mates to do the same thing infront of Ace. When confronting you and dealing with the situation your attitude and behavior was not at all someone who things they did anything wrong. Your approach to it all was you think its fine because its just banter. Your ban won't be lifted or reduced. Appeal Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.