play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - TheDandalf

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDandalf

MVP++
Member Name TheDandalf

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: TheDandalf

Length of Ban: 7 days

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Minecraft Temp Ban

Staff who banned you : Parcheesi

Staff who dealt with you : None

Staff who have warned you previously : None

Reason for ban on record : Use of Illegal Mod (CaveFInder)

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : Because staff were following outdated guidelines that do no longer apply according to information available to the players.

What is your explanation of this reason? Because you don't have any illegal mods listed. You have absolutely no resource that tells us what is and isn't allowed. I'm being banned for using a minimap.

Proof:
https://ibb.co/q0RwQRC
https://ibb.co/mqmD47G

Why should we unban you? I never broke any rule. I went against a guideline but so is everyone who uses optifine including staff. The image links below include arrows pointing out how it was removed as a rule. If there is a guideline I'm missing please show me but according to the forums which I have looked through there is no other information that has anything to do with mods aside from the post screenshotted above. Why I'm being banned without even being talked to or warned is outrageous especially considering I didn't break a rule. If it's against the rules you need to clarify it for the players not keep it hidden behind admin forums.

Worst part is I made the concious effort before reset to use /help and ask about the minimap and was told as long as I disabled any sort of entity tracking I was fine. If being able to see lava two blocks over is against the rules why wasn't I told this too? Again, guess work.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? Give pointers and even re-write your whole rules page so it includes all information and players aren't left with any guess work just to be outright banned. If it really is not allowed it'll be disabled obviously but it needs to be clarified for the players as it isn't right for us to have to guess.

How can we trust you again? I've sunk hundreds of dollars into this server in the last 40-50 days and you think I'm gonna purposely break some rule that doesn't exist just to get banned without even being talked to? It's not me who needs to earn trust right now...

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Don't ban people for a rule that doesn't exist, and if it does, make it publicly available.

Last edited:

Ace42986

Contributor III
MVP+
Appeal denied
Not all rules are listed or we would have pages upon pages for players to read. We also have a no xraying rule which basicly would and does apply to using this part of a mini map. the use common sense rule would take into affect with the no xraying part of useing a mini map.

TheDandalf

MVP++
And where did I xray?
You can not see caves from ground level you can only see the cave you are currently in and have previously explored. How is any of that xray?
The common sense rule would dictate if I can't see through things it's not xray.

The whole ban is based on a screenshot of me in my personal farm trying to show proof I lost vote rewards. You know what you see on the map? My completely cleared out area. The area I placed dirt in a 5x5 chunk square...me myself and I....but somehow you are trying to say I am using a cave finder? Because I dug my own cave and my minimap shows it when I'm at the same level?

Where is the common sense you speak of because it isn't being practiced here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.