Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Reducing Jail Time or Alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
I have been a cop for a while now, and I always hear complains about the long jail time. And after thinking about it for a while, I agree, and so do many other active and rich players (Pinko, Sandman). There really is no valid reason for having someone wait for three minutes for having a stack of seeds.

I suggest to either reduce the time to less than a minute, give cops /unjail, or explain why.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Nope, sorry buddy. 3 minutes is completely appropriate. If you don't want to wait 3 minutes, don't get caught. Nobody's quitting the server for the 3 minutes they have to wait.

I know this seems kinda crappy, but is there a way to make 2 timers? One of 1.5min and one if 3min? So if you have maybe 32 or less items confiscated, you get 1.5min jail time, and if you have more, 3min?
Just a suggestion!
- Darkwolf4747

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
There are many "valid" reasons that we use a three minute timer, the way you wrote your post is incredibly rude - It is stupid to disregard a feature as invalid before speaking to the people who designed it.
The goal of having a jail time is to make players aware that running drugs is risky, and potentially difficult. We want to encourage many things with this, as having a lower time simply makes it a very small annoyance. We don't want the main issue with being arrested to be the monetary cost of losing your drugs as this would mean that the longer you play - the more of an advantage you obtain.

Having a 180 second jail time encourages many things, which I am honestly incredibly surprised that you guys have failed to utilize enough that you feel you need to complain about the timer. These things being the following - paying someone else to run drugs for you, for a % commission, we had a tiny handful of players doing this last map. Running decoys and working together to trick the cops. Inter-player drug brokering, selling drugs to other players for a lowered price without the hassle of running them.

This certainly isn't the only reasons we use this timer, but it is the most significant to you.
I hope this helps you understand why we use such a punishment, and that these rules aren't just about the top 1%.

Thanks for the suggestion, but we don't plan on changing it any time soon.

Okay, I just read the first part, and by rude I assume you mean the part when I said it was crappy. What I mean was my suggestion might be crappy.
- Darkwolf4747

Edit: I just read everything over again, I realized you're not talking about me. Thx m8

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Again, all that does is amplify the benefit you get from playing for longer.
That is the exact opposite of what we want. We don't want you to be able to simply avoid the whole cop system because you have a lot of money.

Although some of you more frequent players disagree, I totally stand by my previous post. I'm going to close this thread out now, as I feel that having both owners commenting their opinion I feel this is going to go no where.

Thank you for the suggestion, but we have no plans to change this any time soon. Please refer to my previous post for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.