Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Server's stance on discriminatory chat behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwerty77asdf

Hey all,

Wanted to ask-- what is the server's stance on discriminatory chat behaviour?

Ie. Users needlessly saying/referencing "Niggers", Female insuperiority, Rape; Ie. Being racist, sexist or otherwise annoying.

I don't see it punished much at all but I did see Dakota talk about it last night and clearly it occurs a lot on this server due to a lot of the populus it attracts.

-Qwerty

StopTakingUsernames

It depends. if its like in a kind way like "My nigga (Name)" (To a friend) Then its ok, however when used in a threatening/violent way, e.g. "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER" then it is not allowed. Basically excessive targeted racism isnt allowed.

Qwerty77asdf

It depends. if its like in a kind way like "My nigga (Name)" (To a friend) Then its ok, however when used in a threatening/violent way, e.g. "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER" then it is not allowed. Basically excessive targeted racism isnt allowed.
What about things like "I love rape" or "Niggers are stupid" etc. Untargeted comments.

StopTakingUsernames

Depends if it is excessive. If its a one-off comment, it is usually ignored, but if the player/players keep repeating that kind of stuff they will generally get told off

Qwerty77asdf

Depends if it is excessive. If its a one-off comment, it is usually ignored, but if the player/players keep repeating that kind of stuff they will generally get told off
Problem is that I barely see any punishments for that thing, I think the only times I have seen people be punished were last night with Dakota and once when I think someone was spamming "Nigger"

14Squared

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
People are muted for excessive racism only, this is usually up to discretion however it is commonly after the player has been warned once for messages like that, we do not condone being outright offensive if it doesn’t contribute to the conversation so they will usually be punished,

About last night, the reason players were muted for saying ‘nigger’ was because they did this as a direct response to others being muted for racism,

Our policy when racist comments are happening is to silent mute them, this means regular players won’t see the mutes that may be the reason why, however if you see a player that is continuing to do it you can message any staff member in game and they will deal with it

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
14Squared put it very well, I'd like to add a few thoughts.

We used to be extremely lax on this kind of stuff in chat, but lately I've been instructing staff to be much more strict on dealing with these situations. As said earlier in this thread, saying something like "my nigga" is fine, but just saying the word "nigger" in chat with no context is almost always just an attempt to be offensive/edgy, and I'm getting really sick of that kind of behaviour. It also has a good chance to begin a chain of other idiots doing the same in chat, as you can see from the six mutes for excessive racism that were handed out yesterday as people decided to try to be funny by doing the same thing someone was just muted for.

As for other shocking/offensive messages like the examples you gave, they will be muted depending on the context just the same. Saying things like that out of the blue and not in a way that contributes to the conversation should result in a mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.