Username:

In-Game Name: trochek

Reason for ban Xray - Logging Proof

Length of ban: 7 Days

Place of ban (e.g. in-game, Discord, etc.) In-Game

Staff who banned you kidder

Did any other staff deal with you before you were banned? No

Did you receive warnings prior to your ban? No

Why do you think you were banned? I know why I was banned personally due to the affiliations of mining straight down with the sole "excuse" of entities in the chunks. However after discussing with kidder, it has been shown that no entities were within the chunk at the time.

What is your explanation for your actions? Why should you be unbanned? I believed I was ban due to the actions which we were discussed between me and kidcar over Discord. On two separate occasions on 6/16/2023, I happen to raid two bases which I stumbled upon with entities both being the culprit of me choosing to raid them. On one occasion, there was a base with a cocoa farm which was relevantly a good size which I found through cocoa beans being left on the floor (NOT near the chunk hopper which was within the unclaimed base itself). These happen to be picked up and spike entities in an abnormal ratio of 10-12 which made me dig straight down and happen to find the base. On a separate occasion, I did the same thing to another base, finding it roughly a 30 minutes to a hour later through a spike of entities. I needed to get personal materials underground for my base and decided to rtp to mine down. I ALWAYS have f3 open when mining just in case I 1). Need to determine my y-level or 2). scouting for entities. I'm asking to be unbanned considering my actions seem to be justified due to these entities and quite frankly don't understand why the logs have shown otherwise. Considering unclaimed bases are a commonality amongst the factions realms, I see no other way to find this without getting into situations like this where we must determine if entities were a role or not. Regardless of the outcome of my ban, I ask how should I be more cautious if I do find a base via of entities or must I only rely on the logs of the server to rest my case.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? As said in the previous paragraph, I want to be more cautious when performing actions like this. I was not x-raying at the time I was banned and I will stand by that considering how I look for bases on MCL. It is quite difficult for me to suffice the way I look for bases considering so many happen to be unclaimed and people are quite careless with the way they farm, leading to me picking up the pieces and finding their base. Furthermore, I have been banned previously on McLabs for X-ray either last or the previous season before that and wasn't foreseeing this ban even with these actions. However, with the actions I've performed I can see how this situation can be quite complicated for admins. Nonetheless, I will be much careful when raiding bases that happen to be unclaimed, unknown, or any other questionable reasoning.

How can you ensure we can trust you again? Considering this is a 7-day ban, I do want to be trusted again sooner. I've been apart of this community for a short while and want to continue to express my presence in this community. I do not want to taint my name with actions like this considering this is not who I want to be known to be. Furthermore, it is an overall disrespect to the server itself. Nonetheless, I do not believe I was personally in the wrong considering my actions were through a factions player's mindset. I have been playing factions for roughly 8 years and I've had countless ways of finding and scouting for unclaimed bases.

What else would you like to say to the admins reveiwing your appeal? First off, I'd like someone else besides Kidcar to review this appeal. Not because I dislike kidcar but, he has reviewed this case and found no entities in either base I was in so, I'd for another admin to see if it is possible to rest my case in what I did. I look forward to a favorable response and thank you for everything!

Ace42986

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP+
There was a conversation within the admin chat about this yesterday. After Kidcar brought this to are attention it was discussed within the admin team. We found a few similar bans that have been issued in the past. The way you have claimed to find the bases we do not allow. We consider this to be cheating finding bases in this way.

There is a staff meeting today so i will leave the final decision tell then.

Last edited:

Kidcar33

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP+
DrugPass III
2021 Gold Founder
After we have discussed this in the staff meeting, this appeal is now accepted. I have gone ahead and unbanned you and cleared your history. When you are entity raiding make sure to take a video or screenshot of the entity count on the surface before raiding.

Latest posts

Members online