play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Advertising Broadcasts

ThorpePark

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP
Advertising Broadcasts
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe you should be able to rent a broadcast message, this could be available on BuyCraft and the point shop either for in-game money or in-game points. For example, 3 broadcasts in an hour may cost $5 or 500 points. It could advertise player shops like "SHOP A11 SELLING EXP BOTTLES, OBSDIAIN, TNT AND VOTER KEYS". Or it could advertise someone trying to create an event "WARP WILD PVP". I believe this is more eye catching and is very appealing to donors and people who got points. Thanks for listening, if you didn't like this post please don't leave me to hate, as a suggestion is a suggestion. But regardless of what you think thank you for reading!
-TOM

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
In my personal opinion, the chat is already very fast and difficult to read. This would probably just worsen it, at least for me.

unspokenAdvocate

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
I feel like for a price that low, it would create a lot of unnecessary spam. If people were really in the market to buy something, they'd go look themselves or ask if anyone's selling a certain thing. Broadcasts won't call anymore attention to a shop than someone flooding their adverts.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
We have billboards for this reason. They work well, hrby claims that his have brought him many new customers.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
I can vouch for the functionality of the billboards 100%. If you want successful advertising, they are surely the way to go.

S

SquareAngle

I can vouch for the functionality of the billboards 100%. If you want successful advertising, they are surely the way to go.
But expensive. Perhaps Broadcasting is a cheaper alternative.

unspokenAdvocate

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III

They are the price that they are to ensure that everyone won't be fighting for a frickin billboard.

Using broadcasting for anything besides broadcasting important server info might cause people to miss certain info.

Especially since yours is only 5 dollars. Dude, 5 bucks is nothing

S

SquareAngle

They are the price that they are to ensure that everyone won't be fighting for a frickin billboard.

Using broadcasting for anything besides broadcasting important server info might cause people to miss certain info.

Especially since yours is only 5 dollars. Dude, 5 bucks is nothing

5 bucks is what some people earn in an hour. I'm not suggesting what Thomas is talking about in terms of price, but broadcasting may be a good Idea.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Let me explain why the billboards are an incredibly inexpensive way to make money.

First, we must look at the average monetary gain derived from things that can be donated for.
In a 60 minute drug booster, roughly 40 dubs of drugs can be sold. Assuming you are MVP+, and selling bread, those drugs would sell for $7.7 million, approximately. Using a 2x drug booster, you will gain an extra 7.7m. That turns out to be about $128,000 per dollar spent.

Now that we have an understanding of the base income netted from donating, we can compare that to my income from my shop since purchasing billboards. I was making approximately 100k-200k per day from my shop previous to purchasing the billboard. Since buying the billboard, my daily profits from my shop have dramatically increased to between 600k-800k per day. We will call that 700k to be fair. This means that I am gaining an extra 500k per day from the billboards.

Using some simple math (500k * 30 days of billboard advertising) we can see that this will net me 15mil of profit that I will likely gain from the billboard. At just $25 per month (since I have two billboards) that means that my billboards earn me $600k per dollar donated. That dwarfs a 2x 60min drug booster. Without a doubt, there are some other factors that may be leading my shop to earning lots of profit besides the billboards alone. However, I am certain that a good portion of my profit can be traced back to those billboards. Billboards are the way to go.

That being said, you should still buy boosters because they help everyone on the server, not just you. Boosters will, overall, net far greater amounts of money to be made. This money just won't necessarily be going into your bal. The ideal solution would be to buy both billboards and boosters!

GotEdit: MERGED 2 POSTS INTO ONE.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SquareAngle

Let me explain why the billboards are an incredibly inexpensive way to make money.

First, we must look at the average monetary gain derived from things that can be donated for.
In a 60 minute drug booster, roughly 40 dubs of drugs can be sold. Assuming you are MVP+, and selling bread, those drugs would sell for $7.7 million, approximately. Using a 2x drug booster, you will gain an extra 7.7m. That turns out to be about $128,000 per dollar spent.

Now that we have an understanding of the base income netted from donating, we can compare that to my income from my shop since purchasing billboards. I was making approximately 100k-200k per day from my shop previous to purchasing the billboard. Since buying the billboard, my daily profits from my shop have dramatically increased to between 600k-800k per day. We will call that 700k to be fair. This means that I am gaining an extra 500k per day from the billboards.

Using some simple math (500k * 30 days of billboard advertising) we can see that this will net me 15mil of profit that I will likely gain from the billboard. At just $25 per month (since I have two billboards) that means that my billboards earn me $600k per dollar donated. That dwarfs a 2x 60min drug booster. Without a doubt, there are some other factors that may be leading my shop to earning lots of profit besides the billboards alone. However, I am certain that a good portion of my profit can be traced back to those billboards. Billboards are the way to go.

BillBoards are great! and they obviously earn you money! However, it would be cool to have a cheaper alternative.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
The point of my message was that billboards are certainly cheap enough, considering the income that they bring in. I would completely agree with Oli in his stating that broadcast adverts would just flood chat. If you want cheap advertising, billboards are a completely fair and cost-effective solution.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.