Username:

In-Game Name: StonedInfant

Reason for ban autoclicking

Length of ban: was 3 day, now is perm

Place of ban (e.g. in-game, Discord, etc.) in game

Staff who banned you Kelapsar originally, craydor for the perm

Did any other staff deal with you before you were banned? No

Did you receive warnings prior to your ban? No

Why do you think you were banned? for autoclicking, thats self explanatory, and i understand that im on a short leash fully, but aside for having a past here i dont know why itd be made into a bigger deal.

What is your explanation for your actions? Why should you be unbanned? if yall really dont want me to play here that's fine with me, i appreciate being able to hop on with the homies for the last 2 weeks. Ive played ARK for the last few years, a game where auto clicking is encouraged and truthfully after reviewing the rules on here I didnt even think it was something id have to ask an admin about. Thats on me, and i was willing to eat the 3 day ban with no complaints, however id prefer not being perm banned for something thats not listed in the rules.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? Well obviously i wont autoclick again, like ive said, i checked the rules and really just didn't think it was such a bad thing to do. A lot of keyboards have macros built it now a days, and it wasn't something i was trying to use maliciously or to give myself an unfair advantage.

How can you ensure we can trust you again? well ive been keeping quiet and respectful in chat, and haven't shown my past colors in any sense on here. I understand i was on the 1 strike policy but i hope for this instance it can be understood as a simple mistake that wont happen again.

What else would you like to say to the admins reveiwing your appeal? im not here to be a pest or use this community as a consequence free zone to harass other player like i have in the past. Im still happy to serve the day and a half i have left on the autoclicking ban, Im just here to appeal the perm ban as i do really enjoy playing here and no have no issues following the rules! whatever decision you all come to make, is what it is, but my suggestion would be to just add no macros or autoclicking to the rules as its a mistake anyone could make without trying to be malicious or using other programs that are against the rules.

C

CraydorGM

9c: Any macro/mod that allows you to automate actions is not allowed (holding down keys/mouse is allowed).

And as per your Blacklist appeal:

"we are going to accept this appeal since it has been a very long time since the ban was issued. However as we do with any black listed player being unbanned you will be on a 1 strike only warning. so any rule breaking will lead back to you being re-Black listed."

StonedInfant

with that link yes, it is listed in those rules. I went to the forums and clicked the rules there, I really wasn't thinking there would be different lists in different places. im not arguing that its a rule but the wiki rules need to be easier to find than the rules listed in the forums, or just copy and pasted so theres no room for misconception.

and as for my blacklist appeal, like i said originally, I understand im on a short leash. What I didnt understand was that I was breaking any rules, as the rules posted by jrd say nothing about the use of macros or autoclicking. I understand if i were to openly neglect or go out of my way to break rules, why I would be perm banned right away but as I've explained, this is just a mistake and it simply wouldn't happen again.

whatever decision the admin team makes, so be it, but like i said, i checked "the rules" just apparently not in the right section. ill post below the link, whatever happens to me that should be something you guys look at so others dont make the same mistake.

Jrds rule post for reference: https://labs-mc.com/threads/server-rules.4/

C

CraydorGM

That is a significantly outdated set of rules. The rules in game specify the exact rule I posted above.

I will leave this Pending for now and the staff team will discuss it.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
with that link yes, it is listed in those rules. I went to the forums and clicked the rules there, I really wasn't thinking there would be different lists in different places. im not arguing that its a rule but the wiki rules need to be easier to find than the rules listed in the forums, or just copy and pasted so theres no room for misconception.

and as for my blacklist appeal, like i said originally, I understand im on a short leash. What I didnt understand was that I was breaking any rules, as the rules posted by jrd say nothing about the use of macros or autoclicking. I understand if i were to openly neglect or go out of my way to break rules, why I would be perm banned right away but as I've explained, this is just a mistake and it simply wouldn't happen again.

whatever decision the admin team makes, so be it, but like i said, i checked "the rules" just apparently not in the right section. ill post below the link, whatever happens to me that should be something you guys look at so others dont make the same mistake.

Jrds rule post for reference: https://labs-mc.com/threads/server-rules.4/
How did you navigate to these rules?

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Home Page > clicked forums on the top menu > then clicked rules > then the server rules flagged "Important" and pinned to the top of the thread.
Why were you going to the forums for the rules rather than using the in-game /rules command, which is what you're told to use in-game?

StonedInfant

Why were you going to the forums for the rules rather than using the in-game /rules command, which is what you're told to use in-game?
From all my past experience, the forums are as good a place as any to find the rules. If anything ive always found the forums to have a better more detailed list of the rules, and without knowing to look at the wiki given its a bit newer and im not use to it, i believed what was posted and pinned. Had they not been there I would've kept searching, however without looking at the date and not overthinking it i went along with what was listed there.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
From all my past experience, the forums are as good a place as any to find the rules. If anything ive always found the forums to have a better more detailed list of the rules, and without knowing to look at the wiki given its a bit newer and im not use to it, i believed what was posted and pinned. Had they not been there I would've kept searching, however without looking at the date and not overthinking it i went along with what was listed there.
And the fact that these rules hadn't been updated since 2018, and still referenced "drugs", didn't stand out to you at all?

StonedInfant

Like ive said, i really didn't overthink or read that deeply into anything. I work 10 hour days, have other stuff in my life to deal with, and just play this game for fun. I wasn't sitting there trying to get around any rules or anything like that. I was tired after a long day at work, read one of the sets of rules made available by the server and am being punished for the fact that it wasn't updated or the right set of rules. I didn't read the last time they were updated or even when the post was written, the only thing that stood out was the fact it was server rules and pinned to the top of the thread. again, my apologies, had I known it was against the rules or that the rules werent the same across the board It wouldnt have happened.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Like ive said, i really didn't overthink or read that deeply into anything. I work 10 hour days, have other stuff in my life to deal with, and just play this game for fun. I wasn't sitting there trying to get around any rules or anything like that. I was tired after a long day at work, read one of the sets of rules made available by the server and am being punished for the fact that it wasn't updated or the right set of rules. I didn't read the last time they were updated or even when the post was written, the only thing that stood out was the fact it was server rules and pinned to the top of the thread. again, my apologies, had I known it was against the rules or that the rules werent the same across the board It wouldnt have happened.
Right, I understand that and would give people the benefit of the doubt in most cases. However, you have a long history with violating server rules, so I wouldn't be surprised if you used these outdated rules as a convenient excuse.

I will assume you're telling the truth this time and accept the appeal. Please refresh yourself with the up-to-date rules.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.