Clarification on a major cop rule misconception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
There is no rule saying whether or not a cop can frisk someone inside the drug house, other than a sign in the drug house saying "No cops allowed." I was frisked while inside the drug house for an inventory of nearly 400k in bales. The ONLY reason I was caught with the drugs was because I turned around after what I assumed to be my safe arrival inside the drug house, in order to check to see if I was being chased. Obviously I was, because the moment I walked back to look out the window I was frisked for my 400k inv. I would not be complaining like this if I was arrested fairly, but I believe this to be an unfair arrest due to there not being a clear rule on whether or not a cop can frisk someone inside the drug house. I would not have been arrested if I had known the standing on this rule. I want a refund for my unfairly confiscated inventory. Thank you.
-Harbey

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
As I told you ingame, there's a physical WorldGuard region barrier that restricts cops from entering the drug selling house. The "NO Cops Allowed" sign is more of a joke than an actual warning, as cops wouldnt be able to see it anyway. You went up to a window where a cop was at, that's your fault. Police are allowed to hit anyone in their reach, even in a region they cannot enter.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
If there is an invisible wall, in my opinion it should be one in the doorways that prevents cops from frisking into the drug house. That is just my opinion. Anyways, regardless of where the barrier is and what kind of barrier it is, there should be more clarification on that so that druggies know the point at which they are safe. Exactly what you have written about the barrier in that message should be written inside the drug house, so that people know. How on earth would anyone know that if the information is not given to them? I wouldn't have been frisked for 400k if I had simply known that fact written above. "Police are allowed to hit anyone in their reach, even in a region they cannot enter." That should be written either in the tutorial or inside the drug house so that this doesn't happen again.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
There is. Police cannot enter into the walls of the building. They can climb the vines on the outside and get you in the window, so you have to be careful. For the rest, it's common sense that they would be able to hit you if you stood right next to the outside of the building.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
It wasn't common sense to me. I assumed that there was something preventing a cop from frisking into the drug house. I'm sure I am not the only person to have fallen victim to this lack of common sense. This information should be on a sign somewhere so that I will be the last person to lose money due to their lack of such basic knowledge.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
If we are going by the rule that you can frisk into the drug house, I just tested it with smitty and confirmed that you can, as a cop, camp on that ladder and frisk anyone who goes upstairs in the drug house. That is incredibly op

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online