play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Improvements to the factions plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uezo

Contributor
MVP+
I've noticed that most people dont do big bases with walls and defences, rading an unclaimed vault is not really rading IMO. and it also creates people flaming for X-Ray!

1. Add a spawner shop, so for 1 or 2 mil people can buy a creeper spawner, this way people can make more tnt and more ''hardcore'' faction players will come to the server, this will also increase the level of large bases.
  2. Add the faction in the Prefix of peoples names so e.g. [Ballin][MVP+] Uezo, This will make more of a ''war'' then people are aware who are their friends and enemies.
  3. Increase the power pr player, in oder to make a large base you need a lot of power from what i have seen on other servers its set to around 15-20 power pr player, this will allow players to make a big base.
  4. Make a PvP area where you dont loose power when killed, so people can come and without risk of loosing your claims can PvP. this could be e.g. an large arena, around warp wild.
  5. /f top f top gives the blocks placed inside a factions claims a value, this way players can compete individually but factions can also compete against each other.
This is just ideas to what can be done, if you have anything to improve my ideas feel free to comment it...

Uezo out.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll reply to each one.

1. This is planned for next map, as well as probably a spawner crate, to get a random spawner.
2. Prefixes kind of make chat look really dumb, the only viable solution to this would be making faction names be a limit of 4-6 characters.
3. You can get higher power by ranking up, which gives a reason to rank up. On the new map, the highest power possible is 25. The low starting power is also to stop people from joining with an alternate account to gain more power, as you would need to rank up your alt to get a good amount.
4. Warzones should have PvP power loss disabled.
5. I don't know if that's possible, if you could find a Factions addon plugin for it we can check it out.

On the topic of Factions, I'd like to also add that FactionsTax is being added in the next map.

Uezo

Contributor
MVP+
i assumed that you already looked over a lot of it, the /f top plugin is a thing i've seen it on other servers!

Thanks for the fast reply!

Ezxhh

MVP
Power loss is good as it allows raiding and RYI Raiding an unclaimed vault is raiding as you are taking what someone else owns.

Ezxhh

MVP
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll reply to each one.

1. This is planned for next map, as well as probably a spawner crate, to get a random spawner.
2. Prefixes kind of make chat look really dumb, the only viable solution to this would be making faction names be a limit of 4-6 characters.
3. You can get higher power by ranking up, which gives a reason to rank up. On the new map, the highest power possible is 25. The low starting power is also to stop people from joining with an alternate account to gain more power, as you would need to rank up your alt to get a good amount.
4. Warzones should have PvP power loss disabled.
5. I don't know if that's possible, if you could find a Factions addon plugin for it we can check it out.

On the topic of Factions, I'd like to also add that FactionsTax is being added in the next map.
Alts are ban able?

14Squared

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
If you are caught using an alt, the alt will be permanently banned while your main will receive a 2 hour ban
However if you are caught multiple times this is subject to increase

Uezo

Contributor
MVP+
Power loss is good as it allows raiding and RYI Raiding an unclaimed vault is raiding as you are taking what someone else owns.
I know its defined as rading, but IMO having to build a cannon and blow up 150 walls THATS rading... but digging and finding someons base... ehh im not sure thats my definition of rading :/

14Squared

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
Although I prefer to raid with cannons/claimed bases, I don't think people will stop building unclaimed bases due to the fact that building 150 walls around a huge farm would be very hard, expensive and time consuming.

Uezo

Contributor
MVP+
Although I prefer to raid with cannons/claimed bases, I don't think people will stop building unclaimed bases due to the fact that building 150 walls around a huge farm would be very hard, expensive and time consuming.
The intention is not to stop people from building unclaimed vaults/farms that will always happen, but its to start people building large bases so cannoning is worth!

I agree with all the Suggestions! :)
Thank you very much, if you have any improvements feel free to correct me :D

Ezxhh

MVP
Uezo if I made a base like I used to on some servers with 200-300 pancakes and regens I doubt you could raid it :)

Uezo

Contributor
MVP+
Uezo if I made a base like I used to on some servers with 200-300 pancakes and regens I doubt you could raid it :)
you would know regen walls dont help you in the new updates if you where a decent faction player ;) so tbh i doubt you know what you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online