Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Let's talk mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpusher11

VIP+
Is this server set to hard? I've notice there isn't a ton a wild mobs, is this to control server lag? Just curious because I've spent 4 days trying to find slimes and I've only found one. I've camped in swamps on full moons, build structure to drop the light to under 7. I've dug out about 30-40 chucks and I'm not having any luck. I know slime spawns are rare compared to other mobs. Just curious if their is a setting that's been changed that I should know about.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The hostile mob cap is shared by all players on any SMP server therefore the spawn rate inherently decreases per player as the player count grows.
As for slimes, due to their rarity in general - they will spawn as frequently as any of hostile mob if you're inside a slime chunk.

Jpusher11

VIP+
Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for, I notice they seem to spawn more randomly. Don't suppose you sell me the location of a slime chunk for some player points :)

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Thank you, that was the answer I was looking for, I notice they seem to spawn more randomly. Don't suppose you sell me the location of a slime chunk for some player points :)
If you dig out a 1*10 chunk area you have a 65.13% chance that one of them will be a slime chunk.
If you don't find one on your first go, try again. ;)

Jpusher11

VIP+
That's a really persise percentage lmao, I figuared there is somewhere around 61000 slime chunks out of 610000 chunks, but with my luck I'll probably be that guys that digs out 100+ chunks and still not find one.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
The mob spawn rates are turned down. The server can not handle the vanilla spawn rates with 100+ players online. A spawner would be your best way to get the mobs you need.

Illuminati_Haxz

VIP+
Is this server set to hard? I've notice there isn't a ton a wild mobs, is this to control server lag? Just curious because I've spent 4 days trying to find slimes and I've only found one. I've camped in swamps on full moons, build structure to drop the light to under 7. I've dug out about 30-40 chucks and I'm not having any luck. I know slime spawns are rare compared to other mobs. Just curious if their is a setting that's been changed that I should know about.
The longer you are in a area, mobs spawn more difficult or with added buffs such as potion effects and enchanted armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online