Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Limiting faction sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpusher11

VIP+
Ive been on this server for years. And you guys keep combating lag by banning certain farms and charging for farm parts. Have you thought about just limiting faction sizes? Most of the lag is coming from the 25+ member factions with farm that span 4-6 chunks. They rarly get destroyed, due to smaller faction not having the manpower. And not being able to get within 200 blocks of the base. They also just leave their bases to build new ones once they get raided, since it doesn’t take long to build a base with lots of people and funds. Meanwhile us smaller guys just repair our bases. The only people who can raid these large factions are the few factions the same size. And half of these faction are allies.

I think you should limit factions to 10 people. That will cause there to be more factions, more war, more destruction, and just level the playing field in the server. A 3 person faction at least stands a chance on raiding a 10 person faction. A 3 person faction vs 25 person faction. Forget it.

Last edited:

Aussie_Lover90

Don't fight fights you cant win against. Join a bigger faction if you want to face bigger factions. I get what your saying, and while it can be true (some times this issue becomes more prevalent, sometimes its not at all), I still think limiting faction sizes really wont do too much damage and will likely just get tons of complaints. Lots of players enjoy having large factions, they create a nice system and set the playing field for large wars and help each other out. Just gotta play the game or get out!

EDIT: In addition to what ace said below, I think this issue can also be related to the skill and conditions of players. Some players are just better than others and are able to make these awesomely-leveled factions. If you want to solve the lag problem by 'banning large factions,' why not go ahead and ban good players or players that don't have a job or school?

Last edited:

Ace42986

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP+
25+ people factions can be raided by a crew of 3 people very easy. Hell I have watched 2 people get into some of the big factions bases.

Also it's not just farms of factions with 25+ people that lag the server. Kings had 12 people in there faction and there farm lagged the server.

Last edited:

Jpusher11

VIP+
Also have you tried being good and joining one of the good factions?

I’m a father so I don’t have time to be on constantly. As for trying to be good, l stopped raiding large bases. Last time I spent a lot of money, and was close to the center of chickenchits base, but their farm lagged the chunks so bad my tnt cannon stopped working. Pretty sure I was a few walls away. Even creeper eggs wouldn’t work correctly.

I’m saying large factions can basically use a large farm as a lag machine, but if a smaller base made a lag machine. I would get banned in a heartbeat.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
This is partly why we now have the farm world and restrictive rules on farms in the main world. It should be much more rare this map to find a base in the main world that is as laggy as you are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.