Votes: 8 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chinkson

VIP+
So, as a lot of players know(specifically those that are pro rush-only), rush has a lot of broken and/or not used perks and availabilities. I believe to fix this, we need more staff to be working on rush. BUT, it seems as a lot of staff do not want to work on rush as a staff member, but just play on it regularly.

I believe this can be fixed by having a special group of staff rank called "RushAdmin", where they are only admin on rush. They have all the permissions and tools to work on rush, and even have limited console and ftp access to just the rush server. I believe this staff rank could benefit rush, as we would have a group of staff ready and available to making rush better.
My nominations:
-chinkson
-zhihu
-imajesus
-atomicfusionz

I know it has been released that if rush doesn't fund itself, it will be closed. I believe that we should work as a community to keep this from happening in almost any way possible(other than making it completely pay-to-win). This is an awesome solution, and I know I would love to help.

If we can work on the server a bunch, maybe we can attract enough new players to rush, that see its lovely good sides, and will donate.

If this could be added, I believe rush could be one big-ass hit.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Normal MCDrugs staff/admins are carried over to the rush server. If you need an admin on rush then you simply go on mc-drugs and ask for one. Most staff are on mc-drugs because moderating a 15 player server (rush) would be very boring for the whole day as not much would happen.

The only way I would see we wohld get separate staff is if rush blows up and gets up to 50 players daily. We do not need specific staff for rush. We would also not give it out to random, unknown players.

Last edited:

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Chinkson told me about this, he dosn't really want people to moderate the server, he wants people to work on the things that are broken on Rush, he and many others feel it is abandoned. He wants people to work on it, making players who aren't even helpers into admins isn't a good idea.

_JxR_

MVP++
The people you listed have no idea how to run a server.

What about me Dakotaa :(? <3

But I agree with Edit. I think that if Rush actually blows up, and it is almost as active as MCD currently, then there may be a need, but currently I think that there is no point as Rush is classified by players as "dead".

ThorpePark

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP
I'm pretty sure none of the members you have listed have ever been helper. Plus if you become rush admin you'd have to diss yourself in your own disstrack.

Savannahhh

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
I can understand where you're coming from, however Admin does give you access to a lot of perms, and you can do a lot more as an Admin than some people think. It would not be a good idea for us to trust random players - they can do a lot of damage. I think, however, the main reason you want this to be implemented is so there will be more people working directly on rush. You are more than welcome to make as many suggestions as you would like, and we can take them into consideration and work on improving rush. We have an excellent Admin team as it is, with a variety of timezones - I'm sure they'd happily help out if you jumped on MCD and asked them to. As Edit said, there is no point having admins specifically on Rush constantly, as there is a low playerbase.

AKAjabroc

MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Hmmm maybe we can implement a f top prize. I'm sure that would bring more of a competitive crowd to the game;)

Last edited:

chinkson

VIP+
you see, any suggestions I make will be surely denied by regular staff, since it has to be filtered through dakotaa. spalw is my only hope. I get all of your points of view, in that you don't want randoms trusted with working on rush, but if it is going to be closed, then why not let us have a chance at fixing some things, adding some things, and attracting a larger player base? otherwise, I might just quit MCD, go make my own op factions, make the people that are only here anymore for rush my staff, and run my own op factions server, and once it is done, play on it with an alt. maybe not as fun, but considering dakotaa abandoned rush, its pretty much over.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
you see, any suggestions I make will be surely denied by regular staff, since it has to be filtered through dakotaa. spalw is my only hope. I get all of your points of view, in that you don't want randoms trusted with working on rush, but if it is going to be closed, then why not let us have a chance at fixing some things, adding some things, and attracting a larger player base? otherwise, I might just quit MCD, go make my own op factions, make the people that are only here anymore for rush my staff, and run my own op factions server, and once it is done, play on it with an alt. maybe not as fun, but considering dakotaa abandoned rush, its pretty much over.

I'll say this again. "Fixing" Rush will not magically bring in players. People join MCDrugs for MCDrugs, not Rush. Unless you have connections with a large youtuber or someone else with a large following that would be willing to advertise the server, there's really no way to gain a large playerbase without years of development, which MCDrugs went through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.