Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Simple Way to COMPLETELY Disable Combat Logging

Implement this?

• Yes. Make the NPC hard to kill and last a long time (15-30 seconds).

• Yes. Make the NPC hard to kill and last a short time (5-15 seconds).

• Yes. Make the NPC easy to kill and last a long time (15-30 seconds).

• Yes. Make the NPC easy to kill and last a short time (5-15 seconds).

• No. I'd rather have a cancerous anti-combat log system.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
It is common knowledge that the Combat Tag plugin is not impervious to combat loggers. More than likely, you have witnessed players log out while not in combat, but they log out to AVOID entering combat (which is a bannable offense). One method I have seen work wonderfully on other servers is to leave an unarmored NPC in place of anyone who logs out for about 10 seconds, similarly to Combat Tag, regardless of their combat tag status. There is literally no down-side of having this implemented, and it ensures that players cannot log out to avoid combat. If you can think of any, please reply and I'll be sure to explain why you're either wrong, or how to fix it if it is indeed a drawback.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
This would very likely lead to some kind of duplication exploit. There's no need for this, as we already have combat tag. Any players that log and avoid the automatic punishment are swiftly dealt with by staff.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
This would very likely lead to some kind of duplication exploit. There's no need for this, as we already have combat tag. Any players that log and avoid the automatic punishment are swiftly dealt with by staff.
You apparently missed the entire point of this plugin, judging by "swiftly dealt with by staff." It's really a shame you have no interest in improving the server and are oblivious to the fact that the current system doesn't do its job perfectly. As for the duplication, hire a competent developer and problem solved.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
You apparently missed the entire point of this plugin, judging by "swiftly dealt with by staff." It's really a shame you have no interest in improving the server and are oblivious to the fact that the current system doesn't do its job perfectly. As for the duplication, hire a competent developer and problem solved.
The current combat tag plugin is in no way meant to be a primary fix to people combat logging, it just reduces the load for staff that would have to deal with situations like this. Even the most competent devs wouldn't be able to make a perfect plugin, a plugin that creates an npc on every player disconnect is bound to have problems, as well as put unneeded strain on the server.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
The current combat tag plugin is in no way meant to be a primary fix to people combat logging, it just reduces the load for staff that would have to deal with situations like this. Even the most competent devs wouldn't be able to make a perfect plugin, a plugin that creates an npc on every player disconnect is bound to have problems, as well as put unneeded strain on the server.
While I respect the amount of effort the staff put into making the server a better place, I think automated enforcement of the rule, if deemed plausible, would be a great thing to have. As for "even the most competent devs" not being able to create a PERFECT plugin, I've personally witnessed many servers that have implemented reliable plugins of this nature. I wish more people would adopt the mindset that things like this can be done, as it CAN and HAS BEEN before on other servers.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I never said it couldn't be done, I'm saying there would very likely be some kind of exploit, especially with the amount of players leaving and joining the server at any time. Other servers may not have the active staff like we do to deal with stuff like this. A constant creation and removal of NPCs would take up more resources on the already strained server.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I'm going to simply close this out, as there are so many logistical issues with this suggestion. You're ill-informed on the logistics of this as parts of what you said are literally false and obviously incredibly bias.
There is literally no down-side of having this implemented
There are plenty, I don't feel it necessary to explain them all in detail. However, the strain of spawning and keeping an npc's information active is incredibly intensive on the server.

By the way, we have got literally top of the line server hardware and spend hundreds of dollars a month on the server hardware alone(Forgetting other overheads, such as ongoing development costs and licenses). *Just a little side note, there :) - If you have issues with how "incompetent" we are feel free to make another thread*

We have a very complex server comparable to most, as we have essentially created a game-mode over the years. We're constantly working to improve the performance of the server - and making such a huge change would have a large impact.

I would have some interest, if you could show me a server that runs one single large world with an average of 80 players active and peaks of 120 with what you have exactly described.

I want to make it perfectly clear to everyone else that this isn't a bad suggestion, but the way it was suggested is certainly bad.
If you're going to act like you understand the in's and out's of our server, and even refuse to give the other side of the argument an opinion in your poll by citing that their opinion is "Cancerous", we're only going to treat this suggestion and thread as kindly as you treat us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online