Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

A Guide to Factions Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Some players have requested a guide to how the FactionsTax plugin works.

Here is the link to the plugin documentation: https://www.massivecraft.com/factionstax

Quick Guide:

On MCDrugs, the faction chunk tax is set to $250. A chunk is one claim (/f claim o). You can see how many chunks your faction owns by doing /f f.

1ccaf7600e.png

Here's a photo of an example faction I made. You can see the Land / Power / Maxpower section. I own one chunk, so my daily tax is $250.

You can see I have $0 in the bank, and the player tax is set to $0. The faction leader is required to change the faction taxes using /f tax.

981d5bbb5b.png

These are the tax commands. A faction has four different groups; recruit, member, officer, and leader (promote players in your faction to a higher group by using /f promote <name>). The leader of a faction is able to set the tax amount for each group by using the command /f tax set <dailyamount> <group>. This will set the amount that each person in that group pays by default every 24 hours. If you would like to set a different tax amount for just one player, or certain players, use /f tax set <amount> <username>. Give a player a negative amount of money and they will be paid that much each day (from the faction balance).

You may be wondering where this tax money goes. All tax money paid by players goes into the faction bank, as seen in the first picture. Every day, each players' tax money will go into the balance. Faction leaders are able to take money out of the bank. They can allow other players to take money out by doing /f perm set withdraw <group/username> yes. Any player in the faction can deposit money into the faction bank by doing /f money deposit <amount>. This money can help keep the Faction up incase players are not able to pay tax.

Finally, as mentioned before, money is taxed daily from the faction balance, $250 a day per chunk. If a faction has 10 chunks, it will need to have atleast $2500 in their faction bank to pay upkeep for a day. This is why it is important to have more money going into the bank through player taxes than money going out through daily taxation. If a faction does not have the money to pay their daily tax, even $1 less than they need, they will be disbanded.

Last edited:

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Thank you for doing this Dakotaa, new to this taxing in factions. Just one thing, where you said
Faction leaders and officers are able to take money out of the bank.
Actually only the leaders can take money out by default, but this can be changed by the faction leader using the command /f perm set withdraw Officer Yes <Faction Name>

Thanks again Dakotaa, and if anyone wants me to make a spreadsheet to equate how much you should tax your players to have enough money so your faction dosn't get disbanded let me know.

PixelBeta

VIP+
Thanks i was kinda confused about this myself,mostly cause i havent made a faction so i dont need to worry about it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.