Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - aberiggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

aberiggs

Member Name aberiggs

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: aberiggs

Length of Ban: 7 days

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : temp ban

Staff who banned you : ThaCandyMan

Staff who dealt with you : Nobody

Staff who have warned you previously : Nobody

Reason for ban on record : XRay??

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I believe that the admins banned me because me and axzh raided some bases last night that we coords for. I could see how it would look suspicious because in some cases we mined straight down at the coords. Maybe also the fact we found some hidden chests.

What is your explanation of this reason? We were not hacking. We got base coordinates from people who play this server in our discord when we were in voice chat. The hidden chests were from just griefing parts of the base. In one case we blew up their cocoa bean farm at a base belonging to faction "Xeon" and found a chest that was empty in the wall.

Why should we unban you? Because I never hacked in the first place, there was no confrontation (and if there was I was AFK), and on top of that there is absolutely no solid proof that we were hacking. We don't go down mining, and come back with stacks of diamonds, so obviously we aren't xraying for ore, and getting base coords is not that difficult to do. This is especially true when you build your base below a ravine, claimed or not.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? Not using coordinates given to me by people??? Dont blow up farms around their base??? I don't know what you want me to say or do. Do you want me not to raid bases I got coords for?

How can we trust you again? Theres no reason not to trust me. I never was hacking in the first place. The last time I used cheats was 2 years ago. My friends cheat on minigames servers and some even on this server, and I still refuse to cheat. The fact that I got banned is honestly enraging and I wish to know what evidence "ThaCandyMan" had against me personally. I myself didn't cheat. If anything from people in my discord was gained by cheating, I am unaware. All we did was take coords and go raid.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Please don't mindlessly ban players who you believe are suspicious without trying to look for evidence that they are using a cheat client. I know many people on the server who use cheat clients and some who HAVE used them to get coords. Take a little more time to see what someone is doing. When I was banned, I hadn't raided anyone in 16 hours. I hate to call admin abuse, but if someone is mad that their base got raided, and the first step the admin takes is finding out who was there, and then banning them without following them and finding out what they are doing is absurd. People don't get banned for racial slurs that have been used to dehumanize African Americans in a chat full of likely kids, but I get banned for cheating when there is no proof to me cheating because I was never cheating. One final note, why do helpers sit and raid bases of relatively new players?

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
If you don't have screenshots or logs of them giving you coords in game then it cannot be accepted. There were no holes dug other then by you and your friend which means the person you were "Buying" or "Given" coords from xrayed the base themselves to find it and never raided it. Next time make sure you get the coords given to you in game so you have proof if you were so wrongfully accused... Appeal Denied.

Edit: We use block logs to track all blocks broken /placed etc... We get to xray tickets as we can and verify with logs. Thanks.

Last edited:

aberiggs

If you don't have screenshots or logs of them giving you coords in game then it cannot be accepted. There were no holes dug other then by you and your friend which means the person you were "Buying" or "Given" coords from xrayed the base themselves to find it and never raided it. Next time make sure you get the coords given to you in game so you have proof if you were so wrongfully accused... Appeal Denied.

Edit: We use block logs to track all blocks broken /placed etc... We get to xray tickets as we can and verify with logs. Thanks.
So I get banned for raiding? Like how are you going to tell me that me mining down to a base is XRay and then you ban me for it and tell me to prove I wasnt? Thats shifting the burden of proof? Can't you prove I was actually using Xray and not just raiding a base. Sure I can wait 7 days, but if theres an inventory reset that kinda bs for someone who wanst cheating and you cant actually prove was cheating. Mining down to a base = cheating? I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding something here. I also shared screenshots of how I don't have a hacked client installed on my system as I exclusively play shaders. Anything else I can do to prove I don't cheat besides coords as I was in voicechat with the people at the time they gave them to us? I can't imagine that I get banned out of salt for someones base being raided and needing to screenshot every coord is ridiculous for playing minecraft. If someones base is unclaimed and is found, that doesn't mean that the people who raided it are instantly hackers and the fact that mining down at coords and raiding a base = you are a hacker, is a disgusting generalization that sounds like it came from a salty 5 year old. I get banned for raiding a base that you can't cant prove I had an xray client (because I didn't :)). Sure this isn't real life, so if you wanted to you could ban me for whatever you want because your admin, but it doesn't help but breed more people who are upset about their base is getting raided, and so people get wrongfully banned. Clearly you don't play with many people either, because if you had people you were playing with, asking for them to put the coords in discord so they can get banned instead of me if admins find is suspicious is crazy, but I guess for bases that are unclaimed you need to be extra careful about where you got the coords from. Regardless of the outcome of this appeal, I hope you take into consideration how you ban people. Sure, you don't have to believe me, but Axzh cant even hack if he wanted to. He can only use GForce Now because his PC is old and cant even run minecraft above 20fps. I don't care about the days behind the ban at this point, I'm just irritated that I wrongfully received a ban and you are telling me to prove I wasn't hacking, which I did to the best of my ability. If the coords were gained by xray, I was unaware and figured that someone had mined through the caves and found it, as there were many inside those bases. The one I remember particularly spread huge probably through 12+ chunks as they didn't claim it so they dont have to worry about claim size. If there is anything else I can do to prove it, then please let me know. Thank you!

Edit: About the xray tickets, so if you found that someone broke blocks at a base that was reported as an xray ticket, you insta ban the people who raided the base without questioning what actually happened? I understand to a degree, but it would be nice if there was better confrontation. I could for example screenshot my game with your message in chat so that I could show you I don't have a cheat client.

Last edited:

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Anyone can install a fresh version of minecraft after getting banned for a client and only install the versions of optifine etc they use... so the screenshots of that are useless... And we take many factors into account when we ban for an xray. The time the blocks were broken, who broke the blocks, we search through the surface and caves to find if it was possible they found an entry point that would lead to the base... We look at a lot of these... You are just assuming we ban the first person we see on our block logs out of spite... That isn't it at all... We take many many factors into consideration before issuing an xray ban. The fact that the hole that was dug was directly down into the base and not from a cave system etc was one main deciding factor for the xray ban. If this was your base that you had spent hours upon hours of doing hard work on you would want someone to pay for cheating as well. I have been admin for going on 5 years on this server and I know all the tale tale signs of when someone is using a client to find a base or not. I know you said you obtained the coords from discord on voice chat... unfortunatly you will have to be more careful of someone just giving you coords to a base. The only thing we have to go by is in game logs. The ban will stand as is unless you can get logs of obtaining the coords in game (which you said it was on discord vc so that probably isn't going to happen). I'm sure if you are a verteran player of minecraft you can understand where staff comes from when we have to make a decision to issue a ban for anything like xray, aura, sneak ect.

aberiggs

Anyone can install a fresh version of minecraft after getting banned for a client and only install the versions of optifine etc they use... so the screenshots of that are useless... And we take many factors into account when we ban for an xray. The time the blocks were broken, who broke the blocks, we search through the surface and caves to find if it was possible they found an entry point that would lead to the base... We look at a lot of these... You are just assuming we ban the first person we see on our block logs out of spite... That isn't it at all... We take many many factors into consideration before issuing an xray ban. The fact that the hole that was dug was directly down into the base and not from a cave system etc was one main deciding factor for the xray ban. If this was your base that you had spent hours upon hours of doing hard work on you would want someone to pay for cheating as well. I have been admin for going on 5 years on this server and I know all the tale tale signs of when someone is using a client to find a base or not. I know you said you obtained the coords from discord on voice chat... unfortunatly you will have to be more careful of someone just giving you coords to a base. The only thing we have to go by is in game logs. The ban will stand as is unless you can get logs of obtaining the coords in game (which you said it was on discord vc so that probably isn't going to happen). I'm sure if you are a verteran player of minecraft you can understand where staff comes from when we have to make a decision to issue a ban for anything like xray, aura, sneak ect.
Thank you fully explaining the process behind the bans, and I respect the decision more now that I know that you actual checked, rather than just banning me because you saw I mined down at the coords. Next time we will be more careful about who we play with. Thank you once again for taking time to explain your processes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.