Username:

In-Game Name: iDorr

Reason for ban Raiding in Towny

Length of ban: 3 days

Place of ban (e.g. in-game, Discord, etc.) in game

Staff who banned you ?

Did any other staff deal with you before you were banned? No

Did you receive warnings prior to your ban? No

Why do you think you were banned? i was banned for "raiding" which im assuming is reffering to me harvesting farms that i came across as i was walking

What is your explanation for your actions? Why should you be unbanned? I apologize i should have read the rules before playing, but i just figured if it wasnt in claimed land i was good to harvest it

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? i will read the rules before continuing to play

How can you ensure we can trust you again? (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What else would you like to say to the admins reveiwing your appeal? Please please let me back on, i have the flu and am stuck at home all day. i promise it was an honest mistake

Aubie

Admin
Staff member
Admin
2022 Gold Founder
Username:

In-Game Name:
iDorr

Reason for ban Raiding in Towny

Length of ban: 3 days

Place of ban (e.g. in-game, Discord, etc.) in game

Staff who banned you ?

Did any other staff deal with you before you were banned? No

Did you receive warnings prior to your ban? No

Why do you think you were banned? i was banned for "raiding" which im assuming is reffering to me harvesting farms that i came across as i was walking

What is your explanation for your actions? Why should you be unbanned? I apologize i should have read the rules before playing, but i just figured if it wasnt in claimed land i was good to harvest it

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? i will read the rules before continuing to play

How can you ensure we can trust you again? (DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What else would you like to say to the admins reveiwing your appeal? Please please let me back on, i have the flu and am stuck at home all day. i promise it was an honest mistake

Appeal Pending

Good evening. I have now further looked into your ban and motivating actions, and have seen the full extent of your griefing. Your original ban was in place because of one specific farm you raided, during which you took a player's hoppers and destroyed parts of a player's farm and buildings. I also see now that you have griefed / harvested other farms, which I have now had to subsequently roll back to fix the damage at those farms as well.

Note that ignorance is not a reason for breaking the rules, and we do not accept appeals based on ignorance alone. It is your responsibility to read the rules and play by them, and failing to do so is not a reason for breaking them.

However, given that it is your first ban, I am willing to shorten it to 1 day if you are willing to show that you have read the rules. I would like you to read the rules and tell me which rules, specifically, that you broke. If you choose to do this, I will shorten the ban; else, I will keep the current ban in place.

Best Regards,
- Aubie2002

Last edited:

iDorr

1. Griefing any town or unclaimed area that is being developed is not allowed.
  2. Raiding towns or unclaimed areas that are being developed is not allowed.
again my apologies i honestly didnt click on the link that takes you to the updated rules list. i had just read the list on the website that didnt have the detailed updated rules. a lot had changed since i had last played on this server a few years ago. just gotta re learn how things are. sorry to waste your time with the roll backs. I understand the frustration

Aubie

Admin
Staff member
Admin
2022 Gold Founder

1. Griefing any town or unclaimed area that is being developed is not allowed.
  2. Raiding towns or unclaimed areas that are being developed is not allowed.
again my apologies i honestly didnt click on the link that takes you to the updated rules list. i had just read the list on the website that didnt have the detailed updated rules. a lot had changed since i had last played on this server a few years ago. just gotta re learn how things are. sorry to waste your time with the roll backs. I understand the frustration
Appeal Accepted

Thank you for reading over the rules. I have shortened your ban to 1 day.

Best Regards,
- Aubie2002

iDorr

Thanks so much! one last question should i just not touch anything in the town world? does everywhere count as "area that is being developed"? how am i supposed to know if its an abandoned base that im allowed to take crops from or if someone is working on it.

Aubie

Admin
Staff member
Admin
2022 Gold Founder
Thanks so much! one last question should i just not touch anything in the town world? does everywhere count as "area that is being developed"? how am i supposed to know if its an abandoned base that im allowed to take crops from or if someone is working on it.
If there's already a base/farm there, leave it alone. Only build/touch/etc. where either no player has been or where the area owner has given you explicit permission to live. Even if it seems abandoned, still do not touch it or take anything. Raiding isn't allowed in towny, under any circumstances. Does that make sense?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.