• Pleeeeaaase

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

AKAjabroc

MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Some facs including mine have agreed that nether portal raiding is too op. I really think you all should disable it.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
(I was expecting you make a more detailed post AKA, and take off the poll this server isn't a democracy)

But yes, both KotN and SaltyCrew have agreed on something, this is a non-partisan issue in our opinions. If it were to happen to other people, they would agree as well. Bases that have taken several days to build can be easily dismantled in less than 2 minutes using this nether portal glitch. We both used it against each other and realized it is a very unfair way to raid. We wanted to make this forum post to maybe convince staff to at least talk it over in the next meeting.

Most faction servers disable this by either making placing obsidian in the nether not possible, or getting a plugin that will only make nether portals in over world on the nearest wilderness claims, rather than on faction land. (I don't believe this plugin has updated yet)

With wither's being more rare this map, and TnT cannons being more viable in 1.11.2, it takes more skill to raid bases. But with this, you can type some overworld cords into a calculator to get inside a base in minutes.

Thank you for taking our suggestion, all we ask is that you at least discuss it in the next staff meeting.

Last edited:

paconrad

VIP+
Counter argument; if people want to explore the map and get out to the map border, removing the ability to place obsidian forces them to walk the full 15k block distance which is both timely and annoying. I do agree that raiding through the nether is a little strong, but I still feel it should be allowed.

Ziexd

2017 Map Founder
Contributor II
MVP+
DrugPass I
Counter argument; if people want to explore the map and get out to the map border, removing the ability to place obsidian forces them to walk the full 15k block distance which is both timely and annoying. I do agree that raiding through the nether is a little strong, but I still feel it should be allowed.
I don't think you understand this fully, because maybe it has never happened to you. But let's put it this way...

You spend multiple hours/days working on a base, making sure it is super hard to go into, whether it be via cannon, attempting to whither or anything along those lines. Spending hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars on creating the perfect base that no one should be able to get into. Then, out of nowhere, a nether portal appears in the middle of ur base and a whole faction comes running in and kills all your unsuspecting members and loots and blows everything up. That's days of work, and millions of dollars down the drain, all because a couple of people were lazy and wanted an express route to the over world world borders so it was left enabled. It's just not worth it.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
removing the ability to place obsidian forces them to walk the full 15k block distance which is both timely and annoying
And what is wrong with this? With Horses, Elytras and 1.11 speed boats its easier than ever before to travel far distances. (You know what else is annoying? Getting bookshelves from voter crates.)

Paconrad if you would like, I can show you how to get from Warp Wild to the world border in less than 10 minutes. Message me in game.

Last edited:

epicgy

Im with Zie on this one. This kind of raiding sounds like something that would be a little unfair to have in-game. But what if instead of having obsidian not able to be placed inside of the nether, you just add a plugin that makes it so that nether portals placed in the nether cannot redirect into faction land and instead are generated 20 blocks away from the nearest faction border where the portal was going to be generated.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.