Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Update Rules on Server / Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicallyGringo

Quick Summary: Having the 2 rules of "Use common sense" and "Not all rules are listed" without requiring a warning for offences means that staff can essentially make and set punishment for unlisted rules that normal players may, and most likely wont, know about. The rule list should be updated (General for in game and more in depth for forums) in order for players to know what things they can and cant do.

Normally on a server there would be a more extensive list of rules and I would figure that with almost 30 thousand people joining that more work would have been put into the rules by now. The reason I bring this up is that by having a rule that "Not all rules are listed" you basically are just giving yourself and other staff a backdoor to use whenever they want and give a justification to anything that a staff member deems "against the rules." The main issue is that with this it should include that with rules not listed the first time someone breaks one of these unknown rules they should receive a warning about it so that they can know. I would also think that at some point a staff member would think to start keeping track of rules that aren't listed to make a list so that eventually you could update the rule list to give players a better understanding of what they can and cant do. Of course having 200 listed rules wont work buy in game having a general list of what you can and cant do and then having the forum thread with rules go into more detail would be nice, this way for players who dont want to read in detail what they can and cant do know the general rules, and players who care more are able to have a clearer picture of what is and isnt allowed. The issue with leaving the loophole of "Not all rules are listed" and then not giving warning for first offences means that, as I said before, a staff member can essentially make up rules and set a punishment however long they want, as they can just say that it was a rule that "wasnt listed." If you would want someone to Put together said rules list i would be more than happy to do it for free to help improve the server as i think that having more in depth rules and a rule list that gets updated more often would be extremely useful so that players can play and have an actual knowledge of rule instead of having to use "Common sense" and combine that with interpreting everything they do with the fact that "Not all rules are listed." Both of these are just backdoors for staff that allows them to set rules and punishments with no required warning, which isnt very appealing for normal players, as we would have to watch every little thing we do and ponder whether or not some unlisted rule may apply to it (Which is impossible since anything could be against rules.)

(Edit)
After posting this and apparently "arguing" i was informed that the rules have been the same for 5 years which only proves my point that they need updating. Just wanted to add this

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
You are correct.

We are giving ourselves an easy way to explain bans if we decide to ban people.

This is purely because we shouldn't have write a 10+ page list about all of the specific things that you shouldn't do, and inevitably deal with people who claim that "it wasn't in the rules so it's okay".

MCDrugs has been like this for the past six years, and it's not going to change. We don't do what you're alluding to, which is just use our rules "all rules are not listed" and "use common sense" to get rid of people we don't like, we have a very clearly defined appeals process and all staff history is publicly available.

It's up to you to decide whether we are fair enough with our players for you to justify playing. That's a decision you have to make.

The rules are very obvious, the only time we cite something like "all rules are not listed" is, for example, when we ban someone for exploiting - and they say "well it doesn't say I can't do this in the rules", when anyone with two functioning brain cells could understand that it was a bug and should have been reported.

I hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.