Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Sushi vs. Selling Fish (Profit Explanation)

Heyyy, so I was a tad bit bored today while fishing and I decided to make a Sushi Roll v Nigiri v Selling Fish chart on my phone. After doing it, I thought I should share it with everyone so if you're interested in fishing... it'll help you out!

Also, you can sell your fish & fishing crates at shop D2 :)!

Selling Fish Directly to Chuck:
Now, as we all know Chuck... Chuck is a NPC located in the Cove (Directly behind druggy /spawn) where you can directly sell any caught fish for these values:

Salmon: $48

Cod: $40
Tropical Fish: $640
Puffer Fish: $120

Now, as you can tell... those are some low numbers on Salmon & Cod (being the most often caught fish). Though, Tropical Fish sell for quite a bit but are a rare catch (chances often increase when fishing in "Deep Oceans")

Making, and Selling Sushi Rolls to Hiruko:
Once again, Hiruko is located in the Cove (Directly behind druggy /spawn) where you can sell Sushi Rolls, and Nigiri (Nigiri will be explained later).

How are Sushi Rolls made? A guide can be seen here: https://mc-drugs.com/threads/mcdrugs-sushi-guide.10511/#post-39866 (written by Dakotaa). This guide goes into detail on the makings of each type of Sushi, so I won't waste your time in explaining it here.
Though, I will explain the cost of making the supplies... or directly purchasing it. Following the explanation, I'll explain which way is better... and how large the difference in profit is!

When creating Sushi Rolls, you need 5 Rice and 3 Sushi Nori, along with 1 fish of any type. The cost of this is $270 if you buy Nori and Rice directly from Hiruko... though, you can craft both. I personally only craft rice, and buy Nori... as there is barely anything saved from labor. The cost of Rice is usually $45 a piece, and since 5 is needed per batch of rolls (3 rolls per batch) that is a total of $225 in ONLY Rice expenses.

This rice cost can be saved by simply: making your own! Making your own rice is explained in Dakota's tutorial but I'll make a brief explanation on it here.

To make Sushi Rice, you need 4 Raw Rice, 1 Vinegar, and 4 Sugar!
Raw Rice: $60 total cost
Vinegar: $40 total cost
Sugar: N/A (this can be obtained easily)

(CREATES 4 RICE, EQUAL TO $180, for only $100)

What does this mean? Well, it means by simply crafting rice on your own saves you $80 in total. ($225 to buy, $100 to make). You can do this in bulk, if you don't want to do it every single time you want to sell!

Sushi Roll Selling Values:
Salmon Roll: $365.70 PER BATCH (3 rolls)
Cod: $356.49 PER BATCH (3 rolls)
Tropical Fish: $1046.49 PER BATCH (3 rolls)

Making, and Selling Nigiri:
What is Nigiri? Nigiri is another type of sushi that can be sold to Hiruko. Nigiri is a simple type of sushi, it is made by cutting your fish (Puffer Fish or Salmon) and crafting it on rice! And... THAT IS IT!

Rice Required: 1 ($45, or $25 when made) and,
Salmon/Pufferfish required: 1, put it into a crafting table alone to CUT it into 3 pieces... put the 3 pieces over 1 piece of rice. Voila! You now have 3 pieces of Nigiri.

Nigiri Selling Value:

Puffer Fish: $268.25 PER BATCH (3 Nigiri)
Salmon: $210.45 PER BATCH (3 Nigiri)

IN CONCLUSION
(PRICE COMPARISON)

Direct Fish Selling - Sushi Roll Selling - Nigiri Selling

Salmon: $48---$365.70---$210.45
Tropical Fish:$640---$1046.49---N/A
Puffer Fish: $120---N/A---$268.25
Cod: $40---$359.49---N/A

PROFIT?
Nigiri:
Puffer Nigiri: $103.25 profit (when Rice is bought)
$148.25 profit (when Rice is made)

Salmon Nigiri: $117.45 profit (when Rice is bought)
$162.45 profit (when Rice is made)

(making rice makes 4 rice, valuing rice at about $25 a piece for making it at $100 a batch... therefore when I cut off profit when making rice, think of it as a -$125)
Rolls:

Salmon Rolls: $95 profit (when Rice & Nori are bought)
$195 profit (when Rice is made, Nori bought)

Cod Rolls: $86 profit (when Rice & Nori are bought)
$211 profit (when Rice is made, Nori bought)

Tropical Rolls: $776 profit (when Rice & Nori are bought)
$901 profit (when Rice is made, Nori bought)

(This may be quite rough, and keeping this personal use too. If there are any mistakes please reply to this forum with them so I can fix them up!)

(Written by JohnKrasinskii)

Last edited:

TheDandalf

MVP++
If you spend $50,000 and go to Thaddeus the prices are quite different.
Cod: $60
Salmon: $72
Trop Fish: $960
Puff Fish: $180

With the price jump of Tropical fish, it actually works out to being worth more being sold straight up instead of making the sushi as it costs $125 in rice (if making it yourself) so 1046 - 125 = $921

You still make profit making Cod, Salmon rolls and Pufferfish Nigiri but it's not worth making anything out of your tropical fish because you actually lose money

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
The video I made was wrong because the spreadsheet had the wrong numbers for cost to produce so its a bit misleading. You don't make more money on ANY of the sushi EXCEPT cod rolls, even then you only make 7% more but you have to craft it. This could change if you can make your own rice and rice vinegar but even....
Here is the spreadsheet:

MCDrugs Sushi Guide

Latest posts

Members online