Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

10% Uptime = 100% Frustration for MurderGang

tenspeed2113

Hello, I am the owner of MurderGang.

As of right now, none of my faction can get on to the server. Starting about 2 days ago, server performance has been abysmal, with persistent and very heavy lag in every map, sometimes taking up to 2 minutes for it to clear up, but most times just kicking us entirely saying "Connection Lost. Timed out."
conntim.PNG

Right now, i'm sitting at my server list screen and it's saying "Cannot connect to server." or "Pinging..." under MCDrugs (i called it "The Thing" at the time for some reason...).
lstsrev.PNG

When i try to connect anyway, it sits at a blank screen that says "Downloading terrain." Before it just times out.
dlwdter.PNG

I can manage to finally get on about once every 10 tries, but the lag is so horrendous when i do, it is, quite literally, entirely unplayable. Chunks take about 30 seconds to load, i cant mine or get into my chests, there's nothing in chat, and eventually i just get booted with the "Connection Lost. Timed out." message.

I live in Michigan and my other faction members live in Indiana. We are all experiencing the same symptoms. So its not an issue with an individual player, or their internet environment. I was traveling all over the state this past weekend, and it was the same no matter where i was, so it can't be internet connectivity related. I've tried different computers, so it's not computer related.

Before a few days ago, there was always some lag for us (mining blocks would take on average 4 tries before the block would break for real, and this would happen once every 10 blocks or so), and it was annoying, but tolerable. Spawn is renowned for mass amounts of loading lag for almost everyone, but lately, our faction hasn't even bothered making an attempt for spawn; it just will never work. Now, we cant even play at all.

Right now, speedtest_dot_net shows i have 30 ping, 18.7mb down and 1.9mb up, and my other players have the same or better.
speed.PNG

Not fantastic, i get it, but apparently plenty to play on any other server; i.e.: we don't have this issue playing on any other server except MCDrugs.

I've spoken to Dakota about this, but he stated (incorrectly, in my opinion) that its not server side, it's player side. Given the evidence above, how can this be the case? Isn't this clearly not a client side issue? I've also spoken to other players, and some have also expressed their frustration with similar issues.

Please advise.

Last edited:

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
Can confirm this is happening to people in my area as well, I have no idea what is causing it, I have switched connections, changed computers, nothing has changed it.

Edit-Live in Illinois, all 3 states are quite near each other so it could just be the area.

Last edited:

tenspeed2113

Can confirm this is happening to people in my area as well, I have no idea what is causing it, I have switched connections, changed computers, nothing has changed it.

Edit-Live in Illinois, all 3 states are quite near each other so it could just be the area.
Who is your ISP?

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Server performance is fine. We have been hearing a lot of issues for some players. We are looking into this, but it is very tricky, as only 30-40% of players are experiencing it. It is obviously something to do with networks and not the server plugins/map itself. I, and many others I have spoke to, do not experience this at all. We will continue to search for the issue.

Last edited:

tenspeed2113

Server performance is fine. We have been hearing a lot of issues for some players. We are looking into this, but it is very tricky, as only 30-40% of players are experiencing it. It is obviously something to do with networks and not the server plugins/map itself. I, and many others I have spoke to, do not experience this at all. We will continue to search for the issue.
ONLY 30-40%?!? LOL

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
ONLY 30-40?!? LOL

Yes. We did a poll and it was 50/50 for players experiencing lag out of around 50 responses. From this, we can assume that it is lower than 50% actually experiencing it, as people experiencing it were more likely to answer the poll.

Anyways, I will try to do a complete dedicated server reboot right now and see if that changes anything.

bananasrbae

I can literally connect to all of my other servers I have on minecraft and play on them just fine. It's only drugs that is the problem...

tenspeed2113

Yes. We did a poll and it was 50/50 for players experiencing lag out of around 50 responses. From this, we can assume that it is lower than 50% actually experiencing it, as people experiencing it were more likely to answer the poll.

Anyways, I will try to do a complete dedicated server reboot right now and see if that changes anything.

I was just floored that the percentage is so high.

Anyway, thank you for taking it seriously enough to perform a reboot. MurderGang will have their fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I was just floored that the percentage is so high.

Anyway, thank you for taking it seriously enough to perform a reboot. MurderGang will have their fingers crossed.

We have been taking this seriously for a couple days, but it is a very weird problem. The fact that it only affects some players, and seems to be semi-regional, is very strange.

tenspeed2113

A comment in the shoutbox might be of troubleshooting relevance: @fontan500 says "i noticed a problem that when there is 42 people on anyone after that has problems joining." Just putting it here for relevance sake.

Latest posts

Members online